What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

I was going to say Albany Country Club or Ballston Spa. Love them both.
I have never been to Albany Country Club. Not even once.

What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

Google is saying this is 35 min from my house. But I can usually make it in 30 :).

Sandpiper

0b36422c4935b8f4a3b0e237a596bebf.jpg

e87c519c8656ef0670a36cfdf1e33c2a.jpg

Really should play it more than once a year.

My home track La Purisima is also very good, but the views aren't quiet as nice.

Boulder creek, even though it tends to kick my butt

Edit: dang, just outside 30 minutes from me (along with some other pretty good ones). So I'll have to say Sweetbriar - legacy course.
My answer as well

Red Course at Bethpage

North Bellingham Golf Corse. It's the best draining course in the area, and has the best rolling greens I have EVER played on, year round. Solid links style layout as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

South River. It's now private but have played it numerous times between 1997 and 2005

Shoal Creek

Right now I would say Ambiente or Wickenburg Ranch Golf and Social Club.

wow tough decision so may great courses within 30 minutes ... High Ridge CC, Emerald Dunes & Palm Beach CC are tied for first

Silo Ridge in Bolivar MO for this area. It's just on the edge of 30 minutes from my house. If I was told I could only play one course in the area, that would be the one.

Cowboys Golf Club for sure.

homepage_picture.jpg

senecahickorystickBCheader.jpg

Grand cypress North/South combo

Southern Hills Golf Course in Hawkensville, GA. One of the best courses in middle Georgia.

For me, it would have to be Rockliffe Hall, which is 5mins from my door almost. I wish I had the money to be able to join there as I have played it a few times and I would happily play there more often if I could afford it but I can't so I will have to make do with my cheap and cheerful home course that is about 20mins away

No offense, but that just looks too plain to me with no trees, and if it is as flat as you say then I couldn't see it keeping my interest beyond a couple of rounds. Unless the rough is really thick and tough, it looks like there is almost no penalty for missing the fairway in the holes you can see

To each his own. Tons and tons of fairway bunkers thick rough and lots of water it is as challenging as anything around Kansas City without doubt

wow tough decision so may great courses within 30 minutes ... High Ridge CC, Emerald Dunes & Palm Beach CC are tied for first
All top notch for sure

My local golf course is actually really nice. The guy who leases it from the city does a really good job on upkeep and the greens are challenging. He also has a nice grass driving range. THe best though which is probalby 40 minuets away is the Preserve at Honey Creek. It is a great golf course.

For me,30 minutes or less leave only around 5 courses. Guess it would be Fraserview ,lots of great rounds there. My lowest rounds have all been there. And it is not an easy course

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

That's easy to answer for me. Buffalo Ridge

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Silo Ridge in Bolivar MO for this area. It's just on the edge of 30 minutes from my house. If I was told I could only play one course in the area, that would be the one.
All it needs is zoysia fairways and it would be perfect.
The greens are amazing. Ronnie is one of the best superintendents in the state

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Within 30 minutes of me it's mostly Munis, but I would go with Mark Twain Golf Course, Donald Ross Design and they take good care of the greens, keeps them true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would probably have to say Hunters Ridge in Marion. Fun course in a residential development. My other one that I like is Saddleback Ridge in Solon. It has 3 par 3's, 3 par 4's,and 3 par 5's on each 9, so it is just a really different set up. Plus it is wide open so my tee shots arent penalized.

The best ones are just under 45 minutes away, but within 30 minutes, I guess I have to go with the local country club. Short course, par 71 and you can't get to the par 5s in 2. The only reason it's the best is because of the greens. If the other course in town had the CC's greens, it would be my favorite and I'd join there because the layout is much better there.
Just driver faster :D

Back