golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
I've been on the hunt for a net to practice at the station. I had a cheap one my wife bought me which used the traditional tent poles ran through loops to hold it up and it worked fine. Problem was that it lacked the durability that I needed for a net that would be put up and taken down a lot. There was no luxury of leaving it up in between shifts I worked and it only lasted an off season before starting to tear.

So I began a hunt to find something that would hold up yet would be easy to take down and put up. I looked at a lot of options and read many reviews done by the staffers and I had a hard time finding something that I believed would take the use I'd put it through. To add to the search I started looking at launch monitors as well and possibly a projector later on and most available off the shelf units weren't feasible unless I wanted to spend a fortune.

So I decided to build one that would be easily assembled, stored, durable and modified later if need be.

What I came up with was this design for a final product 8ft tall x 8ft wide x 5ft deep(2ft of side net.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449344569.712290.jpg

Here it is disassembled into 4 easily managed pieces for storage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449344601.998277.jpg

Here is a parts breakdown of what I used and cost plus supplier

From tarps.com

4 tees @ 5.50 each =$22
4 mitre @ 5 each= $20
2 3-way corners @ 5.50 = $11
50 6in ball bungee @ 0.25 = $12.50 (lots of extras)

Total = $65.50

Home Depot

6 10ft long 1 3/8 chain link top rail @ 10 = $60

From West Coast Netting

10ft x 12ft golf netting $115

Grand total of $240.50

I cut 2ft off each section of pipe which made all the necessary short pieces I needed and gave me the 6 8ft pieces I needed.

Results

So far I'm really happy as it takes less than 10 minutes to assemble since I just have to install the top bar and the bottom assembly and tighten down the eye bolts and bungee the net. I'm gonna mark then net for where I want the bungees to go to help speed the process up and make thing a little easier.

Edit-

I should add that standing it up is as easy as pushing down on the back/bottom cross piece and comes down by picking up and letting it tilt forward.

Last edited:
Thank You! I had the same problem with mine. Will be doing this. :banana:

Thank You! I had the same problem with mine. Will be doing this. :banana:

No problem, you can save a few bucks by using 1in emt conduit and fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have set this up and torn it back down now a few times take less than 10mins to assemble and hang the net.

I've hit my complete bag into and have no problems with hitting over it with wedges or balls flying back at me with driver.

The balls hit the net push it back a little and then drop and get covered by the net. I did have to place a couple old towels on the ground so that the ball doesn't bounce on the concrete and dribble back to me.

Still loving this set up, no problem hitting chips/pitches in to it all the way to driver.

I'm getting in at least 100 swings a night while at the station which is the only practice time I get right now.

Back