2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

I meant to say this yesterday, but was in the airport when I saw this picture ... plus you can never have too many thank you's ... but this picture really made me smile.

My first event, walking up to the room, and being a closet introvert I was little nervous, I timidly enter the room and the first person up was jman shaking my hand ... instantly all trepidation disappeared. But what I discovered while a sharing a villa, and why I smiled when I saw the picture was, these guys are really good friends, and it was great to sit back and watch the interactions of what I am sure is a life long friends. I felt THP was the catalyst of that friendship and thought was really cool.

I also discovered that someone in the group like to keep the room at sub-zero, I slept with two layers on. :banana:
Ken...glad you enjoyed your time at the event. I had a great time on Thursday watching you get 200 yards of roll during our round

I hit all my shots on the GC2 here are a few of my cards.
4dfbce9247b4ec07018724fba8497c23.jpg
F6+ my best carry distance at 252. The 252 came at 145 ball speed 14.8 launch and 2000 spin. Other swing with it was bad swing and had 3 less ball speed 13 degree launch and 3535 spin carry went down to 228.
cf4ae1addb59725dc2a44bd184568df1.jpg
LTD. First swing was good and just a little low on the face. 145 ball speed 1700 spin 11.3 launch and 224 carry. Low on face is not good on LTD for me. Good club just not a good match for me.
07c891ebb6e6451078dcddaaaaa80a2c.jpg
Vapor flex. Second swing was my best swing of the weekend.145 ball speed 13.7 launch and 3300 spin. 240 carry. Good club but for was 12 yards short of the F6+.

Something l learned is for me a 14 to 15 degree launch with around 2000 spin is what matches my swing the best

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric, had a blast with you, Dean and Randy. You turned it on going into the back nine. Will be down in the DMV soon, I'll drop you a line and we'll get out there.

Meanwhile, gonna buy tons of fresh Nike gear to keep up with you out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

lookimg forward to another round with you and I'm sure we can get some local guys to come out too. I figured something's out in my swing off the tee heading to the back. Other than tempo getting wacky after we started to have to wait I was feeling good.

ill try to slow down on,p my purchases til you catch up.

What was the longest drive of the weekend? Looking for carry distance.

on GC2 iirc it was close to 280, I would have to go back to the data thread to check but I know on there I had som in the 270 range and several at or around 265.

on flightscope I had several over 280. I believe my longest was the m2 with 286 and the xr16 pro was right around the there.

^^^ Yes, no kidding! ^^^

The way everyone kept up with posting while having a fantastic outing is awesome! However, it makes me nervous too...my first event is in two weeks (Hogan tour, fitting, two rounds of golf all over three days) and I need to wrap my head around living up to this standard. You guys set the bar high...

i have no doubt you will enjoy your time there. Some tips to help with posting while playing is if not driving the cart use the time between shots to post or while on the tee while group is hitting. If driving a cart then while on tee box or start right as you are walking to the ball and right before you get ready to hit and finish while walking to the cart

I'm just catching up now, and have to say-you guys did a great job on this event! I'm really looking forward to the compiled data. Just reading through the thread makes me want to continue trying the XR 16.

be6a150cb96eabe7fe0db1eaab89aaed.jpg
816 DBD I made 2 different swings with this one. The second one was high on the face and ball speed was only 140 but it spun at 1200 and carried 242. DBD is more forgiving than people think.
61a2988b38adc26083e00fd657f4c595.jpg
srixon 355. Got my best ball speed on this one at 147 on a heel hit so speed across the face is good on this club. Carry distance was 236. Second swing was not a good swing so hard to get anything from that
efb5b30bd4e9d9feee941465f9e9fa5d.jpg
F5. This was second best carry distance for me. Ball speed of 145 with 2335 spin and 13.2 launch. 247 carry. Launched just a tad lower than F6+ and I think that is the difference in the 2 for me

^^^ Yes, no kidding! ^^^

The way everyone kept up with posting while having a fantastic outing is awesome! However, it makes me nervous too...my first event is in two weeks (Hogan tour, fitting, two rounds of golf all over three days) and I need to wrap my head around living up to this standard. You guys set the bar high...

I know exactly how you feel, enjoy the Hogan experience!

i have no doubt you will enjoy your time there. Some tips to help with posting while playing is if not driving the cart use the time between shots to post or while on the tee while group is hitting. If driving a cart then while on tee box or start right as you are walking to the ball and right before you get ready to hit and finish while walking to the cart

Thanks for the advice! I've got my first event coming up also and next time I'm out with a group I'm going to try this in the live round thread. Really enjoyed the work you guys put in!

daaaannnnggg JON that is a bomb

Yeah it was. To be fair I was mostly in the 220-250 range most of the round, but it's good to know that's waiting for me when I get my crap together.

Practice round was needed but ended up having to call it early as I'm exhausted. Think I'm gonna go take a nap!

I meant to say this yesterday, but was in the airport when I saw this picture ... plus you can never have too many thank you's ... but this picture really made me smile.

My first event, walking up to the room, and being a closet introvert I was little nervous, I timidly enter the room and the first person up was jman shaking my hand ... instantly all trepidation disappeared. But what I discovered while a sharing a villa, and why I smiled when I saw the picture was, these guys are really good friends, and it was great to sit back and watch the interactions of what I am sure is a life long friends. I felt THP was the catalyst of that friendship and thought was really cool.

I also discovered that someone in the group like to keep the room at sub-zero, I slept with two layers on. :banana:
Raises hand.

Still amazed the thermostat would go down to 40!!!!

Was a pleasure to meet you dude, so glad you had a great time.

Did the 335 feel head heavy to anyone?

It did to me and i noted thaf on my card
May e cause ive swung the xxio for so long...dont know

The 355 should by design, I know once again compared to others it did for me this weekend.

So I had another video that I shot with the action cam from a tee box with the camera up close. I liked the angle so I slow mo'd the swings and thought I'd post it up for funsies. It Trey3d, myself, then Brianmk on the tee on #14 at Conservatory. Ced439 is with us but the camera cut him of so I couldnt get him in. Actions cams are pretty fun, but I suck at editing lol

5898ab993fd06bd70be97f615b2990ce.jpg

You can't post this picture enough

Ehh rematch anytime anywhere knock you guys down to size at least your normal size that is :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Imagine how bad we will beat you if me and wardy get our A games going

Making My Friends and I Look Cool At Club Clash

by Sony

Trey3D
f73515f2235221a1682677e447afdcd6.jpg

Brianmk
5d8b2f646d2d9721bf5d3c51c86a9353.jpg

me
5ede34f27283207b1cae894e4aacf921.jpg

Apologies to Ced439 for failing him

My hat made it around :)

Thanks to kensisland for the idea!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It was fun to watch two good golfers slug it out Sunday!

Again a big thank you to RC11 for txting me early on and making sure I found my way, and there were no "Silver Alerts" looking for kensisland. Just hope I did not snore too loud at night!

Back