Cobra KING F6 Baffler - THP Review

Head size in CC's and Swing weight ?

We do not currently have that info. I will SW it tonight.

Going back and looking at the Bio+ which as I mentioned this was based off of profile wise, 148cc is what that was in the 3/4W. As to SW, likely D3, pretty standard.

James, will you have this with you at Club Clash? I'd love to get a good look at it, if not some swings on the range. :D

It'll be there, you can try it, it will be taped up though for people LOL

uh oh. hearing that the rails made it a little tougher to find the middle of the face might be a deal breaker for me. my miss with fw is already low on the face, so now i'm a little suspect.

uh oh. hearing that the rails made it a little tougher to find the middle of the face might be a deal breaker for me. my miss with fw is already low on the face, so now i'm a little suspect.

Didn't say that, said slightly lower on the face, and I do mean slightly. ​Plus, when I say it was off hardpan, I mean concrete like hardpan.

Didn't say that, said slightly lower on the face, and I do mean slightly. ​Plus, when I say it was off hardpan, I mean concrete like hardpan.

With the rails wouldn't that be expected to get lower face contact? From the photos you posted it looks like the head sits up a bit on the rails. With grass the rails could glide through it, but off hard pan they can't dig into the ground.

Can't wait to hear more about this club when you get more time with it. Thanks again!

With the rails wouldn't that be expected to get lower face contact? From the photos you posted it looks like the head sits up a bit on the rails. With grass the rails could glide through it, but off hard pan they can't dig into the ground.

Can't wait to hear more about this club when you get more time with it. Thanks again!

You are 100% correct.

from hardpan it did lead to impact a little lower on the face but performance was still there.

impact lower on the face concerns me. low on the face, even just a little, robs quite a bit of distance from me. it's one of the reasons i don't like deep-faced fairway woods. i'm not saying i won't try it, but if it's designed to be something easier to hit out of the rough it won't be a good club for me, because there are almost -0- times i'll try to hit fairway wood out of the rough. i'd rather just hit iron then try to get up and down.

impact lower on the face concerns me. low on the face, even just a little, robs quite a bit of distance from me. it's one of the reasons i don't like deep-faced fairway woods. i'm not saying i won't try it, but if it's designed to be something easier to hit out of the rough it won't be a good club for me, because there are almost -0- times i'll try to hit fairway wood out of the rough. i'd rather just hit iron then try to get up and down.

Again though, this is from concrete like hardpan, and only there.

The intent of the rails is indeed for playability from the standard fairway turf, rough, and other lies. Its all about versatility.

When I say lower impact, I mean minimally so, and also keep in mind that with this design that is undoubtedly taken into consideration. I also so no distance loss there. Slightly lower from center though is MUCH different than low/thin to me though.

Again though, this is from concrete like hardpan, and only there.

The intent of the rails is indeed for playability from the standard fairway turf, rough, and other lies. Its all about versatility.

When I say lower impact, I mean minimally so, and also keep in mind that with this design that is undoubtedly taken into consideration. I also so no distance loss there. Slightly lower from center though is MUCH different than low/thin to me though.

glad to know it wasn't a huge drop off. still intrigued, particular by the shape which I love. really looking forward to your continued feedback and from anyone who hits this at club clash.

Got out with this one on the range for a while, still no monitor time yet as I simply prefer trying out different settings/lies/etc for a while before I start really looking at the numbers.

I can say this, the adjustability factor with the MyFly in this one makes for a pretty stinking versatile setup, what I mean is people should be able to fine tune the sweet-spot of the bag they want this one to sit in. For me so far 17.5 has been a pretty fun sweet-spot as it really covers both the 3w/4w gap I carry as well as the ability to choke down a touch and cover my HW gap, which is a bit unexpected.

With that said, I need to re-iterate, the face on this is much smaller overall than I think many realize, its not as big as the GBB or even the F6 fairways and this might be a bit daunting for some, while for others that might fit in their wheelhouse just fine. I do believe even with the versatility it has from a plethora of lies with the T-Rails some get focused in on that and not the profile, IMO this might border on too visually demanding for some, particularly in the higher handicap range....that is just my initial opinion though. The comparisons to the GBB HW are vastly over-simplified and they are truly different profiles/looks.

Performance wise, the weight in hand (D3 swing weight for those who have asked, checked it today) is nice and the Red-Tie has given me no issues at all, in fact the flight has been really nice as it works to the apex and the launch angles are on the high end for sure. Distance is there, its got that metallic tink at impact but the ball feels like it jumps and the carry is being maximized in the lofts i have tried it in. Now, I have NOT played the heavy weight forward yet, that will come soon when I get it on monitor to really see what happens with the spin and launch.

The only place I have had any issues hitting it have been on concrete like hardpan, everywhere else from fairway to rough to bunkers, to mud, it has been a blast and as we already knew, the T-Rail ideology on the baffler designs works.

More this week, and THP'ers will have a chance to hit it at #ClubClash some as well. If you have any Q's, please fire away.

Got out with this one on the range for a while, still no monitor time yet as I simply prefer trying out different settings/lies/etc for a while before I start really looking at the numbers.

I can say this, the adjustability factor with the MyFly in this one makes for a pretty stinking versatile setup, what I mean is people should be able to fine tune the sweet-spot of the bag they want this one to sit in. For me so far 17.5 has been a pretty fun sweet-spot as it really covers both the 3w/4w gap I carry as well as the ability to choke down a touch and cover my HW gap, which is a bit unexpected.

With that said, I need to re-iterate, the face on this is much smaller overall than I think many realize, its not as big as the GBB or even the F6 fairways and this might be a bit daunting for some, while for others that might fit in their wheelhouse just fine. I do believe even with the versatility it has from a plethora of lies with the T-Rails some get focused in on that and not the profile, IMO this might border on too visually demanding for some, particularly in the higher handicap range....that is just my initial opinion though. The comparisons to the GBB HW are vastly over-simplified and they are truly different profiles/looks.

Performance wise, the weight in hand (D3 swing weight for those who have asked, checked it today) is nice and the Red-Tie has given me no issues at all, in fact the flight has been really nice as it works to the apex and the launch angles are on the high end for sure. Distance is there, its got that metallic tink at impact but the ball feels like it jumps and the carry is being maximized in the lofts i have tried it in. Now, I have NOT played the heavy weight forward yet, that will come soon when I get it on monitor to really see what happens with the spin and launch.

The only place I have had any issues hitting it have been on concrete like hardpan, everywhere else from fairway to rough to bunkers, to mud, it has been a blast and as we already knew, the T-Rail ideology on the baffler designs works.

More this week, and THP'ers will have a chance to hit it at #ClubClash some as well. If you have any Q's, please fire away.

Would you say this is longer than the HW at the same loft - 19 degrees? I hope it is not, since I want to play this club to fit into a specific gap between my 3W and 4hybrid.

Would you say this is longer than the HW at the same loft - 19 degrees? I hope it is not, since I want to play this club to fit into a specific gap between my 3W and 4hybrid.

I've not hit them side by side, but the #'s I saw in the 15-20 shots at 19* was similar.

Hmmm, with the smallish face, not sure this will work for me. I may need to get to PGASS and compare this to the FYBrid RS which I hit well. If they're similar, ok go with it. If not, looks like I'll get the F6 fairway.

Hmmm, with the smallish face, not sure this will work for me. I may need to get to PGASS and compare this to the FYBrid RS which I hit well. If they're similar, ok go with it. If not, looks like I'll get the F6 fairway.

Having owned and gamed the Fybrid RS, this is smaller, FWIW.

Having owned and gamed the Fybrid RS, this is smaller, FWIW.
Hrm, this definitely puts me off a bit. I love the loft range of the Baffler, but more than likely would love the extra forgiveness that the F6 will no doubt provide.

Curse you Cobra!

ETA: Looking at specs between the Baffler and the regular 5/6 F6 I'm only going to lose the 16/16.5 degree settings. Probably looking for a 17.0 option for off the tee anyways (with my driver set to 12.0). Might cut an inch off the butt and I'll be right back in business.

Last edited:
I've not hit them side by side, but the #'s I saw in the 15-20 shots at 19* was similar.

Glad to hear that, thank you for the updates!

Finally reading this. Great pictures as usual James.

I like the results that you have seen so far. Since I'm a short knocker I rarely hit a FW off the tee, so turf interaction and a compact size are my priorities I'm looking forward to additional updates.

I have GOT to stop reading your reviews, Jman. It's going to end up costing me a fortune if I don't!

Good read Jman! I like the size comparison you gave with the other Callaway clubs, that sure helps so size better. Looking forward to reading more on this club.

I'm so glad I dove into this review as this "Baffler" looks like it would fit me perfectly. I was looking a these today and online and decided it was time to go through this review.

Ordered mine and it will be here tomorrow, Wed. AM! Will give it a try late AM and see if it can replace the RBZ S2 16.5.

Jman absolutely murders this thing. Mine wasnt too shabby but man it sets up so well and eludes confidence at address

very excited to try this once it is available, I think it has a perfect fit in my bag to replace the 5w I only use off the deck.

Only used it a couple of times on two short par 4s.**Blistered it down the middle with my Red Tie Xstiff shaft.
Perfect size/shape head with a nice feel, sound and looks great with the carbon fiber.....Keeper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back