Golf streak – do you have one?

Vortex

Reaction score
Do you have a golf streak going? If so, do you own the streak or does it own you? In March 2012, I started a consecutive month streak. This isn’t a challenge for southern golfers but it’s a different story if you live in the north where courses usually close in November and open in April. My streak currently sits at 47 months. January was scheduled to be the end point. However, ending the streak is harder than expected. I just found a cheap flight to Miami for next weekend and seriously thinking about keeping the streak going. This behavior says the streak owns me and needs to end but….

I'm taking a golf trip in March and will likely find an excuse for a quick trip in February. A round in January means the streak easily goes 57 or 58. Hmmm.

Anyone have a streak, of any type, going? Please share the details.

I suppose if I had the time and money to travel often I would have a streak. but I dont think I have gone more than a month without at least hitting some balls, probably 2 months at most during dead of winter. But honestly never really thought of achieving any streak. I just play as much as I can according to what my life allows which is in part also affected by where I live.

I have had streaks of 20+ rounds with at least two birdies and last fall I played three or four 18 hole rounds and a couple of 9's with the same ball, so that one is still intact though our season ended in November.

not really but I'm also not one to track anything that could turn into a streak.

I know I played every weekend in 2015 from March until this past week. A couple inches of snow, plus commitments at work, such a downer.

I have had streaks of 20+ rounds with at least two birdies and last fall I played three or four 18 hole rounds and a couple of 9's with the same ball, so that one is still intact though our season ended in November.

Great examples. 20+ rounds with at let TWO birdies is a sweet display of talent. Keeping the same ball in play is a fun game within a game.

I suppose if I had the time and money to travel often I would have a streak. but I dont think I have gone more than a month without at least hitting some balls, probably 2 months at most during dead of winter. But honestly never really thought of achieving any streak. I just play as much as I can according to what my life allows which is in part also affected by where I live.

The streak started as a fun way to shorten winter but it got bigger each year. I travel a fair amount for work so golf junkets are a good way to use air, hotel and car points. My gal likes to travel to warm destinations so it's a win-win-win.

I had a nice streak back in 1980-1994 where I played over 100 rounds every season, most of those I played over 130 rounds, all with the same set of irons. It doesn't sound that impressive until you know that all those years I lived in Wisconsin/Minnesota where I didn't play a single round between mid October and the middle/end of March. When I retire in a few years I'd like to start a streak where I play at least 4 rounds in every month of the year. BTW, I got married in 1994!

Nice to know others keep track of little things like that. I am up to 22 months with at least 1 round per month. It gets cold here but we manage to get out at least once a month as long as it gets above 32 degrees in the winter months.

I don't track it but I believe I've played a round of golf every month for the past 24 months.

I've played at least once each month since May 2013, either due to mild winters or traveling south and playing. I had another little streak going this year where I went 126 holes without losing a golf ball.

There is no way I could keep a monthly streak going in Minnesota, just too unpredictable. The streak I try to continue is playing at least 50 rounds a year, been going since 2009.

I've been playing golf since I was 14. I turned 37 today.

My streak is 22 consecutive years without winning a single tournament (and I've played plenty of them).

It's one I hope to break. Soon.

There is no way I could keep a monthly streak going in Minnesota, just too unpredictable. The streak I try to continue is playing at least 50 rounds a year, been going since 2009.

FWIW, I live in Minnesota too. 47 consecutive months required a lot of planning. Not sure if the simulator qualifies as a round (it doesn't) but visiting Gross next week is an option. They're giving pizza away if you play 2 hours.

I've been playing golf since I was 14. I turned 37 today.

My streak is 22 consecutive years without winning a single tournament (and I've played plenty of them).

It's one I hope to break. Soon.

Happy Birthday and good luck breaking your tournament streak this year.

I have played for 13 years running and havent broken a club in anger. Only streak I could thing of

FWIW, I live in Minnesota too. 47 consecutive months required a lot of planning. Not sure if the simulator qualifies as a round (it doesn't) but visiting Gross next week is an option. They're giving pizza away if you play 2 hours.

That's pretty impressive, I got the email from Gross. Just being able to swing in the winter is nice.

I'd like to have a streak like that, that would be amazing! Closest I've ever come to something like that was from my Sophomore year in H.S. until my Senior year in college. Between that time I bet I played close to 150 rounds a year, including practice. BUT you have to understand that my core group of friends were ALL golfers, my twin brother and our friend Jeremiah were the 1, 2, & 3 men on Varsity and we played (walked usually) from sun up until sun down during the summer. There were MANY days where we would play 72 holes of golf or more.

I'd love to just play 18 every other week at this point.

I've been playing for close to two years and haven't wrecked a cart during that time. That's about the only streak I can think of. Everything about my actual game is too wildly inconsistent to develop into a streak.

I haven't missed playing at least once a month since I started seriously playing 10 years ago. I have played through some injuries I probably shouldn't have, played in freezing temps, and have traveled 3+ hours to avoid snow a couple times. A few years ago we had back to back blizzards here and that streak would have came to an end - but I just happened to have a vacation in Florida, and I played there.

My wife has said at times I am obsessed with this game - geez - maybe she's right lol!

I've gone 2 months without making a significant swing change.

At the tail end of my golf season last year i had a streak of chip ins going... had about 4 rounds in a row... Definitely the highlight of my golf year.

I’ve got a new streak that may not last much longer.

I’ve hit 43 consecutive fairways with driver and 3W. The last 3 rounds are 14 for 14 plus #18 from round 4.

The difference is the Ping clubs. Round 4 was my first day with the new Ping metals. Driver is 44.5” and that’s a huge help. Playing again on Friday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a pretty good streak of consecutive days not playing golf that is getting close to rivaling the winter months.

I need to get back on the course.

I played for 34 straight days. Finally took this last Monday off.

Back