Windows 10 anyone?

Just upgraded to 10 this morning and I like it so far. Still exploring all it has to offer

I like Windows 10 so far after a few weeks...my only complaint is that I have a bug where my PC and monitors won't go to sleep even though all the settings should be allowing that. The Google hasn't been any help so far.

I like Windows 10 so far after a few weeks...my only complaint is that I have a bug where my PC and monitors won't go to sleep even though all the settings should be allowing that. The Google hasn't been any help so far.

Do you have your PC plugged directly into a cable modem? My dad's PC behaved like this when his was plugged directly into his cable modem. I never could figure out how to make it sleep in this configuration either, but it should be able to hibernate.

Most of the time "sleep" works fine on my PC. However, on a handful of times only the monitor turned off. I will be interested to see how long it is before a cumulative patch resolves the issue.

The only issue that I've noticed is that my speakers are not working. It's not a huge deal since, other than an occasional THP video, the only thing I need sound for is my WW2 flight sym and the headphones work fine.

Most of the time "sleep" works fine on my PC. However, on a handful of times only the monitor turned off. I will be interested to see how long it is before a cumulative patch resolves the issue.

The only issue that I've noticed is that my speakers are not working. It's not a huge deal since, other than an occasional THP video, the only thing I need sound for is my WW2 flight sym and the headphones work fine.
I recommend not sleeping your computer at all.

I recommend not sleeping your computer at all.

Curious as to why? Not pulling your chain, honestly don't know.
I rarely click "sleep" in the power options. Usually it happens if I am away from the computer for longer than I planned.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I rarely click "sleep" in the power options. Usually it happens if I am away from the computer for longer than I planned.

I'm sure the are a lot of reasons, I know from personal experience since Windows has had a sleep feature it's never worked right. Almost every variation of PC I've used has some kind of issue not waking properly. On my wife's current laptop it's the wifi. Breaks every time the laptop goes to sleep mode and she ends up having to reboot. It's a great idea in theory but Windows boxes don't like to sleep. Recovery/wake up time is almost as fast from power on as it is from sleep, better just to shut down.

(I don't think it's hardware related, as I can take the same laptop and put a Linux OS on it and it will sleep/wake with no issues)

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I've found Windows * has no concept of appropriate memory utilization (or how to cleanly save processes) and tends to crash hard on resume/wake-up.

that's some damn fine CS from Dymo right there
They are very good. Once sent me a new machine after I broke my old one?

First blue screen of death.
40103c9d1a535a01d42ad79914b08c5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have your PC plugged directly into a cable modem? My dad's PC behaved like this when his was plugged directly into his cable modem. I never could figure out how to make it sleep in this configuration either, but it should be able to hibernate.

If this is happening, it's most likely due to "Wake On Lan" setting in the BIOS. As long as there is a ping and activity with the network, the computer will stay awake.

If this is happening, it's most likely due to "Wake On Lan" setting in the BIOS. As long as there is a ping and activity with the network, the computer will stay awake.

Good call. I'll check that next time I'm up to see him.

I like Windows 10 so much I think I'm going to get my wife a Mac and turn her current laptop in to a Linux box for my daughter.

:angry:

I reluctantly started the Windows 10 upgrade a few moments ago. I sure hope that I don't regret this move.

I actually like windows 10 quite a bit. And I hated windows 8

Windows 10 anyone?

I actually like windows 10 quite a bit. And I hated windows 8

I'm with you. Windows 10 is something I'd use daily. Used 8.1 on my surface, and it was OK there but would have hated using it on a laptop or desktop.

I agree. I actually really like it

No Windows 10 here.

My wife got a new computer and it had all kinds of issues.

Thankfully the screen cracked at the edge. Under warranty she sent it back, got a replacement and stuck with 7.

Last edited:
Sometimes I just don't like change. XP was the best Windows IMO but this has not been bad, a little buggy at first but that's why it was free to start off. My only minor gripe is the version of mstsc.exe that is included does not allow you to modify existing .rdp files, unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I still love 10 and finally upgraded my work computer after months of testing it at home.

Found my first real issue with 10. Over the weekend my computer updated to Windows 10 Pro. I thought that's awesome because I can turn off auto updates with Pro...at least I thought so. I can't find it anywhere but that isn't my issue.

All of my old games I play will no longer work. I went to play Yuri's Revenge (yes I'm a nerd and still love the Command and Conquer series) and it told me Red Alert 2 wasn't installed so I couldn't play. Okay, go get RA2 out and try to install. Nothing happens. I click install and it sits there forever. Go online, search around for a bit and see this a common issue with the new update. Everyone says to download ditectx9 and try again. So I try that and still nothing. I spent an hour fighting everything and trying every work around I could find online. Nothing worked. So now I can no longer play any of my old PC games...

I'd rather have 8.1 and play my games. I may revert my system back

Still haven't updated. Looks like I won't be for awhile still ...

Back