Are you Fit for Your Grips

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Question is simple, yes, no, or "one time when I was a wee little lad" -- But more importantly, if not, why?

I just didn't Lamkin's fitting system and it spit out midsize... Makes a lot of sense as I typically build my standard grips to one below midsize. Also spit out UTx which I think are AWESOME.

http://www.lamkingrips.com/choosing-your-grip/find-your-size

Yes, online through Lamkin's fitting guide. Standard +3. Went with regular on driver and wood, mediums on hybrid-9 and large on the wedges.

I have used a few on line fitting tools but have never been fitted. I have started to use midsize grips which feel more comfortable since I have got used to them. I install with air and don't want to mess with any wraps etc.

Yeah a few times.

I asked about grip size during my fitting at last year's Grandaddy, and after inspecting my grip (actual hands on the club), the fitter suggested I stick with standard size.

I originally asked because all of the online fitting tools suggest undersize grips for my carnival hands, but when the fitter saw that my finger tips just touch the pad of my palm while holding the golf club, he thought standard was a better option.

My fitter at the Grandaddy did a quick grip fitting on me. I thought I was midsized but he felt they were too big for me. Did a quick check and he altered it to standard plus two extra wraps. Have stuck with it since.

I never have but did the Lamkin online fitting. I'm standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you Fit for Your Grips

I've done the online grip things and also tested out all the different sizes in store with the Lamkin fitting station. Online says midsize but in store feels better just below. I have found that standard +3 for .600 round and standard +4 for .580 round work best. Believe that is one wrap below midsize.

I was during a fitting years ago and was told I could go between standard and midsize. Lamkin recommended mid

I have been fit to .620. So +2 wraps for a .600 grip on a .600 shaft or straight install of a .580 grip on a .600 shaft. Graphite wood butt diameters can get a little tricky with as many different diameters as are out there these days.

Not at all unfortunately. Having smaller hands, I will normally just grab a regular size grip, no extra wraps. Often if I get something used in, I will give it a shot with whichever grip is on it just to see if I see any massive differences.

I did an online fitting (maybe Lamkin) and it said midsize. I put midsize on my old irons, but all of my current clubs have regular grips on them for now.

I asked about grip size during my fitting at last year's Grandaddy, and after inspecting my grip (actual hands on the club), the fitter suggested I stick with standard size.

I originally asked because all of the online fitting tools suggest undersize grips for my carnival hands, but when the fitter saw that my finger tips just touch the pad of my palm while holding the golf club, he thought standard was a better option.

I was the same, except for the whole Grandaddy thing. I get for into undersize online but every fitter has told me to stick to standard.

Yes, by my fitter when I had my clubs built. Interestingly, my fitter told me the final size of the grip depends on the grip itself as well as the shaft diameter. My current clubs have two wraps under my grips currently, but I just ordered new grips to replace my existing grips so will have to see how many wraps I will need for the new grips.

Both Golf Pride and Lamkin said midsize when I did online fitting this year so I went with midsize. I will reevaluate before I start 2016 season.

Yes. I'm standard with a single wrap.

Yep. I did the online Lamkin fitting when I won my UTxs, I wanted to make sure I got the best grips for me as possible. I'm so glad I went with the recommended midsize, I don't think I'll ever go back to standard.

Never been fit. I use a stand size grip with 2 wraps for the right hand and 3 for the left. No idea if I should do something differently, but it's what I've become comfortable with.

Yes! I was fit by master fitter at Carl's Golfland a few years back when getting fit for a new set of Ping. Based on Ping's fitting system, I was +1/32 (a wrap below midsize) but over the last season I upped it to midsize and have loved the results on holding my wrists from turning over too quickly and over-drawing the ball.

Anyone that hat hasn't gotten fit for grips, I HIGHLY recommend it. It can have a definite impact on your game!

Never, and honestly it never even crossed my mind. I have one more thing to go check out now...

I measured my hand and put the numbers into Lamkins fitting system and it just came back with standard which is what i play so thats good.

I use what's comfortable. IMO getting "fit" for grips is total overkill.

I have, and it always felt like it was fitting me into a grip smaller than what I may like, but as I've got to the standard more and more, it seems to work for me!

Well son of a gun, looks like I should be playing midsize. Maybe it's time to be looking for a deal on grips...

Back