Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
Just received my free sample of the Lamkin TS1 grip yesterday. I was surprised how quickly it came. I am going to give my buddy the grip and my driver after our round on Monday to install the grip (he was a club tech at DSG before retiring). I'll report back on how it feels, etc. after my round on Tuesday. I might say it is very nice looking and probably may favorite combination of colors, red and black.

I received mine as well and put it on my driver. It feels great. Hopefully I can hit sole balls this afternoon.This might me my go to grip.

22dcaaf83e81116b24c63ca0c4ce8a3f.jpg

b8967ceef84194b1f56a2361f1a8278e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine a few days ago. Really don’t have a club to stick on right now but I’ll get it on the next new one for sure

Received 2 of these (my wife wanted one also :)) last weekend. Waiting for my Hogan Equalizer 54 and 58 degree wedges to arrive to put them on.

Received one in the mail and may give a go on my 3w...

What I do like is how Lamkin's red textured stripe on the bottom hand is basically the same whether you go logo up or down. See 1st and 2nd photos.

On their Z5 grip there is a chevron point that may be an annoyance in how it interferes with your finger position based on logo up...whereas logo down its not there. See 3rd and 4th photos.
1e5017ebeb1f4e1cad13071b15f5dc31.jpg
7237b4dcbd342bd96ea8257180830174.jpg
1b4e1c9425cabd490d10235fd96cdc6f.jpg
663158304c50da9ce32d074fe123fd89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Received mine in the mail today. Mine wasn't "free". Will probably end up costing me a couple hundred dollars!! As one poster said, I have nothing at the moment that needs regripped. Hence, may have to go buy something to install it on. Wonder if my wife will buy that excuse...….

R curved mine also today. Will be putting on my driver tomorrow and take it for a spin on Thursday at league.

Played today with it on my driver. Has somewhat of a tour velvet feel, perhaps a little more cushion feeling to it. I like the reduced taper and the tackiness promoting a lighter grip pressure. Plus, it comes in my favorite combination of colors, red and black. I am a Lamkin fan and have been using their Crossline style for years. Once I wear out the grips on my clubs and the extra ones stored in my golf closet I will give serious consideration to re-gripping with the TS1.

Quite a few of the irons that were in play at The Ultimate Weekend of Golf had the Lamkin TS1 grips on them.

A little bit about these grips from Lamkin:

A distinctive high-performance golf grip, the new TS1 is made with the ground-breaking new GENESIS compound and features FINGERPRINT TECHNOLOGY micro-textures for unmatched feel and responsiveness. A reduced-taper shape reduces excess grip tension for a more fluid swing. The Tour-inspired TS1 is exceptionally durable and maintains a consistent feel in all weather conditions.

These are on the irons that I picked, Cleveland HB Launcher Turbos they were also on the Cleveland UHX irons as well.

I think the best compliment you can give a grip is that you didn't know it was there. I had no discomfort when I gripped the clubs with these on there. They were comfortable yet not penal in that mishits were felt, however not painful.

As advertised they were fantastic in both the humid conditions of the Florida coast, but they really performed when the weather went south and were dealing with high wind and rain. When I played with one glove I had no concerns about slippage and when I put my rain gloves on there was never a doubt in my mind I could still make swings.

No performance changes between the wet and dry conditions really.

I didn't put much thought into the graphics for hand placement, they didn't bother me nor did I fret about alignment (maybe I should have with the UHX lol) definitely was not an issue Sunday with the Turbos.

They also look badass with the Red Black color scheme and the Red Black color scheme of the :TrueTemper: AMT Red Shaft that is in there.

Quite a few of the irons that were in play at The Ultimate Weekend of Golf had the Lamkin TS1 grips on them.

A little bit about these grips from Lamkin:

These are on the irons that I picked, Cleveland HB Launcher Turbos they were also on the Cleveland UHX irons as well.

I think the best compliment you can give a grip is that you didn't know it was there. I had no discomfort when I gripped the clubs with these on there. They were comfortable yet not penal in that mishits were felt, however not painful.

As advertised they were fantastic in both the humid conditions of the Florida coast, but they really performed when the weather went south and were dealing with high wind and rain. When I played with one glove I had no concerns about slippage and when I put my rain gloves on there was never a doubt in my mind I could still make swings.

No performance changes between the wet and dry conditions really.

I didn't put much thought into the graphics for hand placement, they didn't bother me nor did I fret about alignment (maybe I should have with the UHX lol) definitely was not an issue Sunday with the Turbos.

They also look badass with the Red Black color scheme and the Red Black color scheme of the :TrueTemper: AMT Red Shaft that is in there.

Another couple of sessions (including a round of golf) with these on the HB Launcher Turbo irons.

I've worn these with my stock Cobra PUR Tour Glove and My Bridgestone Cold weather gloves. With both I've had no issues with grip.

Also the difference in temperature, in the past I've had some grips that with the colder weather has affected the rubber compound and "enhanced" the feedback on poor shots, the cold still enhances the feel, but nothing that is out of the ordinary or adds extra discomfort.

Thrilled with these so far. They were not on my radar, but the fact that I've tried them and had success, I won't be righting them off.

Still love the look of them the Red and Black is ?????

Back