On the hunt for a telecaster. Anyone messed around with a Fender Modern Player Tele? Seems like a great guitar for the price. Haven't played an electric in a dog's age, but really want to get back into it.

I've found Fender to be kind of hot and cold lately. If you're looking for a really solid Tele, look for a used American Standard version circa 2000. Those were AMAZING!

My cherry burst is getting these WolfeTone Dr. Vintage pickups that I just bought and the caramel burst will get the CreamTone A3 deluxe, I've never messed with boutique pickups before so this will be a great experience

Looking forward to hearing how they sound!

I've found Fender to be kind of hot and cold lately. If you're looking for a really solid Tele, look for a used American Standard version circa 2000. Those were AMAZING!

If you're open to expanding beyond Fender try a G&L. I picked up a used '93 G&L Legacy for $500. It's funny how the G&Ls don't have the brand recognition that Fender has... considering Leo founded G&L and this particular guitar was made in his shop you'd think it'd be more expensive.

I dig the G&L ASAT Teles as well. Very cool guitars.

Last edited:
Hey so when are we going to get some collaborative projects going?

I've been recording some drum tracks for a friend of mine the past few weeks, and feeling those creative juices starting to flow again.

I've been recording some drum tracks for a friend of mine the past few weeks, and feeling those creative juices starting to flow again.

I tried to organize a Morgan Cup theme song collab some time ago and it just fell apart. I'm up for bass lines if we can get something going.

OMG, that would be awesome. I'm lead/rhythm guitar. Rock, Blues, Jazz, Progressive Metal.

During my younger days, I was a drummer in a club band before the rise of the DJ. Then I heard Billy Cobham play and realized I was just a reasonably talented club drummer and nothing more.

I'm in... guitar player here. I have a simple GarageBand setup on my Mac and can record a guitar part or two if needed.

Well if anyone has some ideas, easiest thing would be to track them to a click track, and then shoot 'em over to me & let me know the BPM. This way the drums will line up. Then we can share tracks out and everyone can record their own individual parts. I can mix/master here when done, and I know that a few other guys here can mix everything together as well.

Well if anyone has some ideas, easiest thing would be to track them to a click track, and then shoot 'em over to me & let me know the BPM. This way the drums will line up. Then we can share tracks out and everyone can record their own individual parts. I can mix/master here when done, and I know that a few other guys here can mix everything together as well.

What kind of music do you prefer? Rather, what would you envision?

^^^ I could definitely get behind a nice groove on some tunes like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops I did it again...I went and bought another set of Wolfetone pickups for my studio but this time I bought his Marshallhead set, these are overwound PAF style pickups that resemble some of he stuff you would hear on Jimmy Page's Les Paul for example. I can't wait. My Dr. Vintage set is being Installed right now and the stock Gibson electronics are being relaxed as well.

9d68TYH.jpg

This harness was built for my by the owner of CreamTone vintage design, they have CTS pots and vintage bumblebee capacitors

My other guitar already has one of these harnesses and it made a tremendous difference over the crap that Gibson puts in there
QL6hVNQ.jpg

Turned out nicely

0llrDe6.jpg

The guitar sounds fantastic but the tech screwed up and put the neck pickup in the bridge position and the bridge know the neck so it sounds off a bit, nothing that isn't reversible but that sucks!

So when my church put out a net call for musicians a few weeks ago, I finally decided to stick my neck out there and get back to playing guitar in public again. One change about going from playing alone on stage to playing as part of a band...I needed some monitors. Found these for $50, and they are really nice so far (about midway through the burn-in).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015S2I6A0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I'll try to remember to put up another review once I use them on stage, but the sound is super clear. The bass is lacking a little, but in terms of being able to pick out an instrument from the mix, they offer a ton of clarity. Right now I need to remember I'm using them for monitors and not headphones, so the raw experience is less important than being able to hear what I need to in a mix.
So now that I've had a chance to put these to work, I really like them. The high end is a bit overstated and reaches the point of being nearly tinny, even plugged into an aviom to add some bass. I was talking to my friend who plays bass and was looking at getting some IEM's for himself, but after giving these a try, he agreed they didn't have enough bottom end for his liking, especially when playing the bass. Still, for picking the acoustic guitar out of the mix, they're brilliant.

I would say that if you're looking for a set of IEM's for rhythm guitar, singing, or lead guitar, these are really good, especially for the price. But as far as keyboards, bass, or playing baritone guitar, you may need to invest a little more into the speakers themselves.

Good Petrucci vid, but not as good as his greatest one ever:

I know I keep saying I'm going to start recording again but I have a very cool idea brewing for an album called "Dead Man Walking" it will be they typical Maidenish Queensryche style I love.

I've got some serious practice to do to get my chops back up to speed.

Has anyone here ever played around with a djembe? I'm toying with the idea of picking one up (probably a Remo with key-tunable head).

My wife got me the Blackstar HT-5R for Christmas it's fantastic for practicing and recording. The music store owner sold it to us at cost because he's so awesome. So far I bought a celestion Vintage 30 to replace the stock mystery speaker, I did this after playing the amp through my orange cabs that have V30 and it sounded so much better. I've owned a few blackstars before but decided to go with British made orange over the Asian made blackstars. But I've always missed my blackstars so I'm happy I got this little amp. It's 5 watts of tube tone with a push pull design. It sounds great

23351430564_b98235ce96_b.jpg

Last edited:
Had a bass sent from the Orlando Guitar Center to my local GC on 1/7, still hasn't shipped. Grrr.....

Back