Very strange Rory interview

I'm not misrepresenting anything. It is MY view on his comments. I am not doing it intentionally.

You can't seem to let this go. Agree to disagree and move on. This is now the 2nd time I'm saying it, too.

No, I don't have to move on. So I will not. I am merely saying that you are attributing words to Rory that he did not say, and in fact said the opposite of.

So let me ask you this, as a response to everything going on in this thread. Should Rory be losing sleep over not winning a 5th major*?

Because this is fun, should every major winner since the 2015 Masters be losing sleep that they are not as good as Rory is?

*Rory currently has the most majors won by any person under the age of 40. He currently has more majors won than any person under the age of 30.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. It is MY view on his comments. I am not doing it intentionally.

You can't seem to let this go. Agree to disagree and move on. This is now the 2nd time I'm saying it, too.

It works both ways man. You are sticking to your opinion/thoughts/points just as hard, but now you are trying to suppress someone with a dissenting opinion. Sounds a bit like irony, don't you think?

Anyways, I still stand by my thought that it's healthy for Rory to get this out there and if I were in his shoes, I would hope I have the same mindset. Life is SO much bigger than the amount of majors someone wins. As long as he and his family are happy and well cared for, who can ever criticize that?

Why does everything have to be an issue? It drives away people they want discuss. Enough of the one upping BS.

It works both ways man. You are sticking to your opinion/thoughts/points just as hard, but now you are trying to suppress someone with a dissenting opinion. Sounds a bit like irony, don't you think?

No, it's not ironic. We won't agree, so I'm suggesting we move on. When I'm told the same thing and I don't, I've been reprimanded. I've learned my lesson. Maybe he should, too. I won't respond to his comments anymore. I'm not interested in arguing the point with him. It's fruitless. So I've moved on.

As I've said multiple times in this thread, he nor you are going to change my opinion, and I'm not trying to change yours either. We're having a discussion. That's all.

Anyways, I still stand by my thought that it's healthy for Rory to get this out there and if I were in his shoes, I would hope I have the same mindset. Life is SO much bigger than the amount of majors someone wins. As long as he and his family are happy and well cared for, who can ever criticize that?

In my defense, I am sticking to the facts of what Rory was actually quoted as saying.

In my defense, I am sticking to the facts of what Rory was actually quoted as saying.

It's a very important aspect to get the question that prompted the response. Glad you finally got one.

No, it's not ironic. We won't agree, so I'm suggesting we move on. When I'm told the same thing and I don't, I've been reprimanded. I've learned my lesson. Maybe he should, too. I won't respond to his comments anymore. I'm not interested in arguing the point with him. It's fruitless. So I've moved on.

As I've said multiple times in this thread, he nor you are going to change my opinion, and I'm not trying to change yours either. We're having a discussion. That's all.

Glad you've learned the lesson too my man. The admins, who have the actual authority to manage the people and conversation in the forum, are more than capable of doing their roles. Too many great things on the forum to ignore to only have what amounts to a pissing match in a thread of pure opinion and speculation. On that note, again, enjoy THP!

Didn't Rory get blasted for commenting on Phil and someone else being all chummy in the heat of battle? Dude can't win no matter which way he goes...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

He says he doesn't care if he doesn't win another Major. He also mentions that he has more important things in his life now than Golf.

His comments before the Irish Open:
“Nothing is going to change in my life whether I win a major or not,” said McIlroy ahead of the Irish Open. “I’d be disappointed if I didn’t but I don’t panic. It doesn’t keep me up at night.”

“Look, if I didn’t win another major for the rest of my career, nothing is going to change in my life whether I win one or not, but obviously I don’t feel like I’ll have fulfilled my potential.”

“But at the same time, you know, there’s other things in my life that are more important than golf….I’d be disappointed but again, it’s not going to change things. I don’t panic. It doesn’t keep me up at night.”

Thoughts?

Product endorsement contracts, personal appearance fees, tournament prize money etc... is so large now that (most) players lack the incentive to win events.

Back