Who Was Your 1st THP'er?

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@#Cookie posted a picture in the DFW thread of a hole/tee shot that is familiar to many around this area. It got me thinking and I posted right after, that the course he was on was where I played my very first THP golf round with Cookie & #Tadashi70 about 7 years ago...... and the rest is now history. I still remember every bit of that round and had no idea what I was getting into with THP. We laughed, we talked golf, we talked THP and we grabbed a bite to eat after. Wonderful 1st experience w/ some HOF THP'ers.

So, I ask everyone out there now - Who was the very 1st THP'er you played a golf round with and what do you remember about it?!

I played with Robozeo and Hickerad my first round with THPers. I sucked bad that day haha.

My first THPer round was with Mr Magic Mike himself, @el1terate at shaft Up last year. We had an absolute ball and I’ve since played with Others at the finale and here in Michigan.

The man that finally made me take the plunge to become an albatross member after years of lurking was @dacatalyst41 and I am forever thankful for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st event would have been the 2016 Cleveland Short Game Shootout.
Left to right:
wigst87, Nappy,e1iterate, and myself
3cb1a3fcc8bcb9961dc0dd5db1c25192.jpg

Was a great time!!!

My 1st was with @Jimmy3468 (who invented the term eh), @Patsfan, & @Ottawaclo. Practice round at Ocean Beach Resort in an on and off rain. One of my favorite rounds of golf, the company was fantastic getting to know these guys.

I think the first one I played with was TMex lol

My first round w/ THP was at the Hopkins wedge testing.. played w/ Wake, War Eagle and Troyefl.. I would love to play in that foursome every week.. 3 great guys..

First round with a THP’r was with Jank here locally. I don’t think he’s been very active here lately, but was for some time and I still think he keeps up with the site/activity.

First event was in 2015 and was the UST event with:

GregDan
Orange Hog
NoLine
Spring182
NightHawk117a
TexasHacker34
cwmonroe87

I think Monroe is the only one still pretty active here.

@#Cookie

Never met him, drove to his house, he drove us to Austin w his kiddos in tow and then he and his sister let me stay at her house.

Crazy to think on, was such a simpler time overall, golf, events, life, all of it. If I knew then what I knew now...

One-T and SethO.

I played my first THP round last weekend with lanoxrehab. Had a great time. Was great to finally get out with a THPer, hit the ball around, and talk golf, THP, and the possibility of him relocating to OK in a few years.

Bonus for me was the fact that I played the best round I've played in a while. No first tee jitters with the first THP round for me. The whole round wasn't pretty, but save for a couple of shots, it was respectable. Can't wait to add more names to the hat.

First THPer I met was Nebgolfer on the way to the Morgan Cup. Got down to SC and played a round with J4U, v.man, and fupresti as well.

It was @mward and I think I shot a 140 and picked up on most holes... but he was nice about it, and offered to play more rounds with me and be a pseudo instructor for me and for that, I am forever thankful

Spring 2010 - Smallville, Keith, and Hawk at Sarasota National. At least I think it was those three in our group that day.

@#Cookie

Never met him, drove to his house, he drove us to Austin w his kiddos in tow and then he and his sister let me stay at her house.

Crazy to think on, was such a simpler time overall, golf, events, life, all of it. If I knew then what I knew now...

You failed to mention spazzdog as part of that story. Remember her? LMAO

Good times my friend, wouldn’t change a thing!

My first round was with JB, Howzat, and Hawk. Minneapolis 2015. My first of two rounds with THPers that day. My only two rounds with THPers.

What do I remember?
How chill it was.
Trying to run back to the cart to get a club, JB telling me to take it easy, that there was no rush. LOL.
Hawk telling me not to hang my head after a bad drive.

Not sure who I met first in the parking lot before a Sarasota get together, but my first THP round was with Tadashi and Trout Bum at Waterlefe. They both shot around par, I think I shot about 110.

I think my first round was at Westchase in a fun get together, I just remember JB, war Eagle, Freddie, trout bum, and I think wake was there too. There were others, but I have a terrible memory.

Jesh, I played with three that are not here anymore at least that I know off. It was at Bear's Best in 2013 and I played with SeeMorePutter Guy (I think that was his forum name) ATLGolfer and I think the 3rd was ChunkyLover.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had to go back through my threads to verify, but my first round with a THPer was with MarkUK back in February 2016! We played Salinas Fairways on a brisk February day and had a great time! I remember lots of good conversation about golf and THP and he became one of my closest golf friends during my time in the area. Good times :D.

My first round was with Puttin4bird and hox30. I had a ton of fun even though Jake and one of the other guys almost the down after the round (counting is hard Jake ). Ever since then they are the guys I play with most often and it's a blast every time.

My first round was a practice round at Caledonia for the Morgan Cup with Adwillingham, AdamW, and GolferBest. I played pretty bad, but man did I have fun.

Played 2 rounds in a day at last years Ohio gathering.

1st round was with Grins and Xhail. Nervous as all get out meeting folks from the internet.

2nd round I played with OhioGolfer, Ddec and 441. Got to witness the greatness that was @ddec and @mikedean441 beating the course.

Back