Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Outstanding review Jman. Perfect timing too. I have an appointment to hit (and hopefully order) these irons later this morning based on the preview and a brief demo. Great to read through EVERYTHING just beforehand in ytoday's official review.

Last edited:
I'll just say this now, yes, it's long, but I truly believe if the time is taken to read it it'll be more than worth it for people. Not only is there a ton of tech to discuss, but also the interview with TO breaking them down a little further is quite informative.

Mark my words, Cobra has something on their hands with this set, quite possibly more than any other iron set they have released to date.

This was a great write up, Jman. One I was waiting for for a while.

This is a set I can't get out of my head, even though my firs go-round at taking some swings didn't go well. I love the idea of a progressive set for the average golfer.

Good review and packed with some good info. I enjoyed the interview. I love what cobra is doing and this year has some good equipment

Great review. I'm really looking forward to giving these a try!!! Never been a big Cobra fan but these could end up first my first.

That was an EXCELLENT review Jman, and the length was perfectly fine. There's so much tech in these clubs that you have to give all of it a fair shake when reviewing it. I love the aspect of a few of the recent reviews of bringing in company reps to answer questions about the new lines and the tech involved, I'd love to see that continue in future reviews.

As far as the clubs and their forgiveness, this 24.5 handicapper hit the 7i after being skeptical about how it might perform for me and I was more than surprised at the length and peak height I was getting in comparison to some other GI clubs. These irons can definitely benefit a wide range of golfers.

Sounds like this is a set built to last and a good option for a golfer to grow with. These are really on my radar now. I love what Cobra is doing.

• Admin
Really enjoyed the TO interview combined with the review. Just a ton of great information in there.

I appreciate those who have taken the time to go to the homepage and give this a read, it means a lot.

These irons will be in my rotation all year long, if that tells you anything at all.

I appreciate those who have taken the time to go to the homepage and give this a read, it means a lot.

These irons will be in my rotation all year long, if that tells you anything at all.

Well this is good timing. I was looking for this home page review after you mentioned these yesterday in the pondering thread. Will be going through this today!

Awesome James, this set really has me intrigued as a progressive set, and such great insight in the interview, would love to talk tech with TO!

Nice review, maybe I missed it but did you comment on how the Matrix performed for you versus the KBS shafts you changed into?

The level of effort James put into this review was outstanding. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good read and review Jman! Cobra has VERY much stepped up their game across the board, without question.

fantastic review. this set is so intriguing. my concern for it has nothing to do with the irons, and everything to do with us as consumers: i think this set is ahead of its time. i don't know that we as golfers have arrived at a place where we are willing to having 4 different types (and looks) of irons in our bag, each with its own specific use. we are accustomed to uniformity of aesthetics and design throughout the bag. for me, when i see something like this i think "high handicap sgi super launcher can't hold greens." were it not for this review, i'd likely never even think twice about these for no other reason than they don't meet my design expectations for the handicap range t.o. mentions. so thanks to thp for putting so much time into these. not sure whether i'll end up gaming them, but i'm intrigued enough to take some swings with them.

fantastic review. this set is so intriguing. my concern for it has nothing to do with the irons, and everything to do with us as consumers: i think this set is ahead of its time. i don't know that we as golfers have arrived at a place where we are willing to having 4 different types (and looks) of irons in our bag, each with its own specific use. we are accustomed to uniformity of aesthetics and design throughout the bag. for me, when i see something like this i think "high handicap sgi super launcher can't hold greens." were it not for this review, i'd likely never even think twice about these for no other reason than they don't meet my design expectations for the handicap range t.o. mentions. so thanks to thp for putting so much time into these. not sure whether i'll end up gaming them, but i'm intrigued enough to take some swings with them.

And when I first saw pictures of these, that's exactly what I thought - "these must be huge". But when I saw them in hand, they have a similar profile to the Fly-Z irons, which I thought were one of the better looking GI clubs last year. It's really impressive, the tech they got in here.

Nice review, maybe I missed it but did you comment on how the Matrix performed for you versus the KBS shafts you changed into?

I didn't as I always focus the review on the stock setup since its what the vast majority will play in the heads. They're super lightweight, but even in S I had no problem with them holding up, and they obviously provided a nice launch. Interestingly though, the peak height is still similar with what I have in them now. The heads are clearly the stars here rather than the shafts, IMO.

I didn't as I always focus the review on the stock setup since its what the vast majority will play in the heads. They're super lightweight, but even in S I had no problem with them holding up, and they obviously provided a nice launch. Interestingly though, the peak height is still similar with what I have in them now. The heads are clearly the stars here rather than the shafts, IMO.

Thanks - that was what I was looking for - well done.

There is a staggering amount of info and knowledge in that review, holy smokes. I'll have to sit down and re-read it when I have more time.

I do agree that they are sort of ahead of their time in terms of what we are "used to" seeing from irons when it comes to what is considered progressive. I'll also say that I fear they won't get the looks they maybe should because of that aspect, its a major factor in why I really tried to tell the entire tech story here to make it more understandable and digestible. IMO, the looks will be over thought until people go see them in hand and at address, even with the aesthetic changes, they transition flawlessly to the eye, nothing really stands out to make you think about them being different while you are playing them if that makes sense. I know TO threw out a HUGE range of HCP for these, and I will admit to scoffing a bit myself, but having had people from those ranges hit them now, I think it stands true.

I know I'll be keeping them and rotating them in this year, they're unique, and IMO its no surprise they are the irons from the Cobra lineup that got "gold" in the GD Hot List, for whatever that is worth.

Great review, and these look to be an outstanding set of irons. So many great options out there ... if you can't find a set of irons that work for your game nowadays, you're just not trying!

Great review Jman. Having seen these a couple of times in the last week you are dead on that looks wise these shouldn't scare anyone off. They don't look bulky like many probably initially would think. It's such a cool concept that they did really well.

Terrific detail on this one Jman. I need to hit these badly.

The King is interested.

Back