THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Specialty shots:... Anyone working on a particular shot to propel their team to victory? I have been working on 3/4 low cuts and low draws to stay out of or recover from trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As for specialty shots I am not working on anything special. Right now I'm am just trying to get into swing shape and working in consistency from week to week. Once I am able to get outside and I can see how the ball is flying then I will start making some tweaks for different kinds of shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and your partner will be in the fairway all day so dont sweat it. Kidding aside, those are great shots to have in the arsenal. I'm personally much better at the low draw than the low cut. The low cut is one I should work on as well. Especially when my home course probably has the most trees in the state. Need the low punch shots bigtime.

Low cut is the tough one for me as well. I have hit some amazing stingers while working on that. Some just won't cut. The low draw is nice for reaching deep pins.

Specialty shots:... Anyone working on a particular shot to propel their team to victory? I have been working on 3/4 low cuts and low draws to stay out of or recover from trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I try not to get fancy and that's what keeps me outta trouble for the most part. In crunch time when I need to, I'll hit a low cut. It's one of the few non-stock shots I can pull off and the one I practice when on the range (which won't be for a while now).

You and your partner will be in the fairway all day so dont sweat it. Kidding aside, those are great shots to have in the arsenal. I'm personally much better at the low draw than the low cut. The low cut is one I should work on as well. Especially when my home course probably has the most trees in the state. Need the low punch shots bigtime.

Any clown can play from the fairway. Takes a special clown to play from the rough under a low hanging tree and know Bozo has worked on those shots as well. :clown:

I try not to get fancy and that's what keeps me outta trouble for the most part. In crunch time when I need to, I'll hit a low cut. It's one of the few non-stock shots I can pull off and the one I practice when on the range (which won't be for a while now).

I completely agree. My game is best when I keep it simple. Have messed up some great rounds by trying to do too much.

So long as you don't have to hit that shot on the Simulator at Cattails again. Haha. That was a magic show. Good times.

So long as you don't have to hit that shot on the Simulator at Cattails again. Haha. That was a magic show. Good times.
I'm not sure which shot you are talking about, but the one I remember was the concrete trees and taking an 8! Lol more of a comedy show.

I'm not sure which shot you are talking about, but the one I remember was the concrete trees and taking an 8! Lol more of a comedy show.

Those trees were a pain!

Haha, yup that's the one I'm talking about. We might still be there now if there wasn't a max score. Punch shots through trees on a simulator = no bueno.

No specialty shots here, I got enough to worry about

i think i could consider every shot a specialty shot lol im way too inconsistent to have both normal and specialty shots

So now that the fields are set, and the formats are known, what kind of golfer benefits/compliments you most as a partner?

Do you need length off the tee to have shorter iron shots, need someone with a good short game, or a good putter...etc?

So now that the fields are set, and the formats are known, what kind of golfer benefits/compliments you most as a partner?

Do you need length off the tee to have shorter iron shots, need someone with a good short game, or a good putter...etc?
With the formats we are playing, having a fairway finder off the tee wouldnt hurt. That would allow me to be more aggressive at times which i prefer

I think I want the guy that drops putts from anywhere. That seems like the hardest part for my game, is getting the putts to fall.

I would say someone with a good short game. Its the most inconsistent part of my game. Some days I have it, some days I don't.

I have length off the tee, so some one who can be clutch from 130 yards and in would compliment my game well.

Not in the field but it's fun to play along...

Distance off the tee! I just need short clubs in my hands and my pairing should score well.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

For this course I think it will be key from whichever tees are played to have a distance player paired with a great mid-short iron player.

Obviously this will change based on the formats being played. Driving distance isn't the tell all, but accuracy off the tee will be.

Last edited:

I maybe on the bench or still in the minor leagues but I will still play along in case I get called upon.

Since the formats will change

Match 1 someone who finds the fairway

Match 2 good short game for alt shot as there will be greens missed and knocking it close will keep us in the hole.

I would go distance off the tee,although it seems I can hit more greens with my fairway would than say my 5 and 6 jron

Me either. There's nothing special about hitting a fairway and then hitting a green haha

i think i got it...work on the specialty shot miss the green trying to do too much...then work on the super specialty shot ...the chip .....or in 441's case the chut.

i think i got it...work on the specialty shot miss the green trying to do too much...then work on the super specialty shot ...the chip .....or in 441's case the chut.

There is nothing "special" about a chutt. At least not in a good way.

Just have to approach and chutt to 5 feet and you're good.

I will be working on the that one as well.
It will be a SuperChutt.. ball will lumber to 4.9' and spin back to 5'.
All good in the hood.
I watched that "How to make all 5' putts" video yesterday.
Snot Rocket at lunch. Not cool.

Back