John Daly and Champions Tour

Whether you like him or not he is a 2 time major winner and deserves some respect ........ however your response is far from surprising

He doesn't deserve respect. Takes a lot more than winning to get it.

I like watching JD. I'm hoping that he does well. It will be good for the tour. I'll certainly be watching more events this season.

He seems like a Roy McAvoy to me. You try to like the guy but he is just a stubborn ass and doesn't know when enough is enough.

Used to like the guy but man it's hard to like him now.

He seems like a Roy McAvoy to me. You try to like the guy but he is just a stubborn ass and doesn't know when enough is enough.

Used to like the guy but man it's hard to like him now.
Ever read his book?

I hope he does well. Although he's made some missteps, he never seemed to be a bad guy. I watched his episodes on GC's Players Academy, or somesuch, and he came across as a pretty likable guy.

He'll do fine.

I hope he does well with it, I know it will be a big boost to the champions tour.

I think he will be fine. He will go out week after week, golf and collect a paycheck. He will peak his head in the top 10 a few times but he will be a middle packer.
He just wants the constant paycheck.

Bernie Langer rules the champions tour anyway and no way will Bernie let him distrupt his house.

I personally think he will get his a$$ kicked more often than not. Shorter courses yes, but the shortest course, the one between his ears, seems to be the hardest for him to navigate. Not really interested in him at all.

JM
Well said JM, my thoughts exactly.

He will bring in more attendance, like him or not. I'm not sure he'll win, but he might have a better shot due to size of the field and all.

Honestly, didn't know he still played golf anymore. Go figure.

He will compete out there bc of his distance imo. And he WILL draw crowds, like him or not, he is a professional sideshow act.
I was thinking the same thing, his distance should be a huge asset for him and depending on how they market him, I would think it could boost attendance.

Don't follow much golf do ya lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

He does, just ask him.
Or watch golf very early on Thursday...

he'll have a tournament or 2 that he'll find a way to be competitive in but I just dont think he'll have the mental abillity to keep a full weekend together.

Seems to me the Champions Tour is pretty darn competitive and those old guys take it pretty serious, some of them are making more money now than they ever did on the regular Tour. I have never met JD and most likely never will, but if he can get out and make a paycheck and bring some more people to watch or go to Events that is good for Golf.

The last time I checked THP is pro bringing more people to golf.

My thoughts? I don't care. Hope he withdraws a lot. Unfortunately he can't miss the cut.

Well said. No cut. That sucks. Thankfully we have the DVR. I like to watch the Champions Tour, but that @ssclown will not get one second of my time.

Seems to me the Champions Tour is pretty darn competitive and those old guys take it pretty serious, some of them are making more money now than they ever did on the regular Tour. I have never met JD and most likely never will, but if he can get out and make a paycheck and bring some more people to watch or go to Events that is good for Golf.

The last time I checked THP is pro bringing more people to golf.
It sure is, but Daly is a despicable human being, thus why many can't stand him.

Back