THP goes to #TheGrandaddy - What questions do YOU have for Callaway?

I'd like to know if we might ever see any steel head fairway woods again. With the tech at our fingers I was thinking throw back to the steel for a release.

Great bump. I need to think of a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) We see pros adding a second sliding weight to the GBB driver; what's been their feedback to you all as to why they felt it was necessary and what changes because of the addition?
2) Similar to the GBB, have any pros put more than one gravity core into the 816 DBD driver? It would be something we can't see but I was curious if anyone has, and if so, how would that change performance.
3) how would your rate your current driver line up based on forgiveness and spin/performance?

What is the timetable as far as expectations go for tour guys to start gaming new gear?

1) We see pros adding a second sliding weight to the GBB driver; what's been their feedback to you all as to why they felt it was necessary and what changes because of the addition?
2) Similar to the GBB, have any pros put more than one gravity core into the 816 DBD driver? It would be something we can't see but I was curious if anyone has, and if so, how would that change performance.
3) how would your rate your current driver line up based on forgiveness and spin/performance?

So much better than mine haha

Have they got an update for the chrome soft coming?

I second this - would love to know what the future holds from the Chrome Soft.

Why have 5 hybrids?

I second this - would love to know what the future holds from the Chrome Soft.

Heard they're going with Chrome Soft dot dot and is being released in April. It's a four piece ball that offers more sound. I guess Furyk wasn't enjoying the Chrome Soft because it wasn't loud enough and because it would react different from possible flyer lie to flyer lie. This new ball will be more consistent from the rough and through the green.

Just what I heard. Don't hold me to it haha.

Oh and a new Truvis color pattern.

I can't wait to hear all the info from the team, I did think up another question during the event, I saw some Callaway peeps not wearing callaway shoes, saw some of them wearing New Balance, has the shoe line been designated on it's way out? Just not a focus anymore?

Why have 5 hybrids?

Easy, because some people (like me) don't hit 5 irons anywhere near as well as a 5 hybrid. I'll never own a 5 iron again. Heck for that matter I have a 6 hybrid I like more than my 6 iron but choose to game the 6 iron because I can hit it OK and it's my get out of trouble and back to the fairway low flighted club when needed.

Easy, because some people (like me) don't hit 5 irons anywhere near as well as a 5 hybrid. I'll never own a 5 iron again. Heck for that matter I have a 6 hybrid I like more than my 6 iron but choose to game the 6 iron because I can hit it OK and it's my get out of trouble and back to the fairway low flighted club when needed.

Haha. See my update in the Apex Hybrid thread. Im pretty sure I wont ever go back either. I can manipulate flight with it high or low, left or right, and yet get such a predictable ball flight and performance that its just perfect for me.

I understand your need to have multiple hybrids in various degrees but my question is why the need to have 5 different hybrid models. They have Apex, Big Bertha, XR, XR Pro and the Apex Utility.

I understand your need to have multiple hybrids in various degrees but my question is why the need to have 5 different hybrid models. They have Apex, Big Bertha, XR, XR Pro and the Apex Utility.
Same reason they have a bunch of different club lines. Different design and price point goals.

Same reason they have a bunch of different club lines. Different design and price point goals.

Also, the Apex I believe is the only "2016" line introduced. The others are 2015 releases that still have remaining inventory.

Also, the Apex I believe is the only "2016" line introduced. The others are 2015 releases that still have remaining inventory.
Yeah that too. Although some of the ones listed are very different. You've got the GBB and XR hybrids that are more fairway-wood-shaped, the Apex that is more like a "players" hybrid look, and the Apex UT that are just hollow driving irons.

They all hit different segments and at different price points. They have done a good job of differentiating them in my opinion

any chance the question about the PM grind got answered?

I thought it was interesting and refreshing that the XR hybrid line was intended to be a 2 year release (like the irons). I had not heard that (or had at least missed it) prior to this past week.

I'm more curious about a 54* option being available in the PM grind.

Did any of T.R. try the 2 sliding weight trick on the GBB Driver? I saw mention of it in the thread, but could never track it back down. I believe it was a Zoo Crew Driver setup.

Did any of T.R. try the 2 sliding weight trick on the GBB Driver? I saw mention of it in the thread, but could never track it back down. I believe it was a Zoo Crew Driver setup.

We didn't. There were a couple Zoo Crew guys doing it though

Back