THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

What he said!

Got out and played about 5 holes this afternoon. Mostly wanted to get the feel of the new irons.

Boy they are nice. I'll have thoughts on them in the review thread.

But even in the cold air. I think I gained back a few yards.

But most importantly it was a small part of getting ready to go full steam ahead on prep for this event and season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Holy cow. Get busy for a day and the thread blows up. I've got some reading to catch up on.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Got out and played about 5 holes this afternoon. Mostly wanted to get the feel of the new irons.

Boy they are nice. I'll have thoughts on them in the review thread.

But even in the cold air. I think I gained back a few yards.

But most importantly it was a small part of getting ready to go full steam ahead on prep for this event and season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What irons are u breaking in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He recently picked up the CF-16frim Callaway

Nice. Heard and read some good things about this irons.

I just picked up a new set of mizuno s5 wedges. Took them to the range yesterday and loving them

Getting back stateside on Sunday a few kilos down from my pre vacation weight. Starting back up on my 10x3 for fat loss workout plan and may take a look at the Whole 30 diet to see if I can knock off some fat %.

On the golf front, I hope a range is open on MLK Day so that I can get some swing videos ready to take to the instructor I hope to be working with on the run-up to RR. I'll be breaking out the chipping mat regardless.
Has anyone seen the Carolinian team? I'll bet they're practicing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can't wait for spring so I can get some warm practice in again, I don't mind cooler weather but the cold is just brutal to me, too many clothes to swing effectively.

Can't wait for spring so I can get some warm practice in again, I don't mind cooler weather but the cold is just brutal to me, too many clothes to swing effectively.

I agree, the driving range at my home course is a muddy mess with all this rain. I've got my putting green set up in my man cave so I can work on alignment and making a consistent stroke, and hitting some wedges in the yard, come on spring!

Have a spot open at compasse pt tomorrow if you want to play!

Thanks, but son has wrestling training/roll around at 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My round yesterday afternoon at Mattaponi Springs wasn't at all bad. Not muddy. The zoisia/Bermuda grass absorbed moisture really well. Hit the ball pretty good but still room for improvement of course.
We need a road trip to that course when the weather breaks. Love the layout an it's always in good condition.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have a spot open at compasse pt tomorrow if you want to play!

Will have to do it soon. Haven't played there in a couple years but remember it as a fun track.

My round yesterday afternoon at Mattaponi Springs wasn't at all bad. Not muddy. The zoisia/Bermuda grass absorbed moisture really well. Hit the ball pretty good but still room for improvement of course.
We need a road trip to that course when the weather breaks. Love the layout an it's always in good condition.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That would definitely be a road trip, but I may just be game.

Agree. Nice course and layout.

So, I will finally be able to get to the range tomorrow to get some full swing practice. Still keeping up with the daily chipping and putting in the basement, but probably won't be able till play till next weekend at best (youngest son bday on Sunday and 30 degrees on Monday).

Well, best laid plans of mice and men. But some family stuff has come up and I probably won't get to the range today. Not to concerned b cause these family moments only happen for so long and it's about these moments. Just like this RR. We all want to compete, win, and be victorious. But in the end, it will be about the moments between the people, not win or lose.

Well, best laid plans of mice and men. But some family stuff has come up and I probably won't get to the range today. Not to concerned b cause these family moments only happen for so long and it's about these moments. Just like this RR. We all want to compete, win, and be victorious. But in the end, it will be about the moments between the people, not win or lose.

Well said.

Got some soggy range work in today. Did some 3 club drills to work on distance control and trajectory.

I was thinking about this while on the range today. Happy with where my iron game is and while I have some work to do there it's close to where I was in the middle of the year. Driver is another thing.

was thinking about the fun the teams are going to have and how great the course is for this event

I was thinking about this while on the range today. Happy with where my iron game is and while I have some work to do there it's close to where I was in the middle of the year. Driver is another thing.

was thinking about the fun the teams are going to have and how great the course is for this event
What did you work on? I know I pretty much figured out i really not need to ponder iron shafts.

Got some soggy range work in today. Did some 3 club drills to work on distance control and trajectory.

Is that similar to 3 gun drills

Same here except neither one of my kids birthdays. I work Ems and this is my long weekend the it turns cold. I'll just keep working in my golf cave on chipping and putting really considering putting up a net in the basement and get in some full swing work.

Back