Luckiest shot you have hit?

BIGBALL

Reaction score
Handicap
Watching the WM Open yesterday during the play-off, when Rickie hit that ball in the bunker and it bounced out, all I could think was how lucky that was. ( of course then he hit the driver which hit the downslope, and caused the ball to go all the way through the green and into the drink! )
Brings to mind the question - what is the luckiest shot you have hit - or seen?

Luckiest shot I ever hit was on the par 3 #7 at Pilgrims Oak - hit the ball in a pond surrounded by big rocks. Ball disappears for a couple seconds, next thing I know it is on the green, tracking slowly to the hole. It actually hits the hole and lips out - the guys I was playing with just laughed - I would have been embarrassed to have that be my first hole in one (uh, actually, no I wouldn't! )

Luckiest one I witnessed was playing Hollow creek, hole # 13. My friend pull hooks his drive into a creek that runs up the left side. He literally knew it as soon as he hit it, and starts pulling out another ball. Next thing we know, the ball hits a rock in the middle of the creek, ricochets forward at least 25 yards and ends up in the middle of the fairway!

cool thread, should be a fun read.

the luckiest I have hit is on 12 at my home course, I hit a 6 iron in and hooked it deep in the woods. then we hear the sound of the ball hitting a tree, and see it land on the green, 10 ft from the pin.

the luckiest I have seen is on a short par 3, about 130 yards, all carry over water. My father in law proceeds to thin the ball, it skips 3 times on the pond, hit the rocks on the other side, jumps up and land on the green. That was crazy

Par 5, had a bad drive which left me having to use my 4W to cover some distance. I hit the ball perfectly and saw the ball soar down the fairway, then disappear into some trees. I hear a loud POP and see my ball fall back into the fairway leaving me with a pitch away from the green.

I also had a very unlucky one when I hit the flagstick right at the top of the cup and bounce into the rough. That was the closest I have ever gotten to an eagle.

Luckiest shot I have hit was a par 4 at lansbrook.... snap hook a ball... I'm reaching into my pocket to grab another one as I know it's about to hit a house.... next thing I know... it hits the metal pole that runs along the screens of pools (don't know what it's called, and damn that was LOUD) and then hits the cart path... and just keeps rolling along the path until the path turns and rolls right on the the fairway.... about 15 yards from the green... proceeded to double bogie that skullying my chip (because karma)

I've seen some crazy lucky shots in my time. One of the craziest ones I've been witness to? I was on a hole over from a guy who hit a tree to the right side of a par three that knocked around, popped out of the tree and went into the hole for a hole-in-one.

I'm trying to think of any lucky ones that I've hit, but nothing crazy is jumping out at me right now. If I think of something, I'll jump back in a post it.

I have hit a few that have hit bulk heads or rocks on rolled on but in college I hit a house two days in a row and the house was OB. The ball both days hit their deck then the driveway and bounced back in play.

Going for a short par 5 in two, I pushed a 3 hybrid and it went thru some trees and no one heard or saw anything. Went looking in the area of where it should have hit and maybe kicked to. By time everyone made their way to the green there were four balls on/around the green including mine that was sitting 25' from the hole for eagle

My Luckiest: Par 3, grabbed the wrong club, I was still 50-60' in the air passing the green and hit a tree square on the trunk and shot straight back onto the green for a 10' putt for the birdie, my greatest members bounce.
Witnessed: A buddy cooked one that stayed at about flag high and got tangled in the flag (wierd) and dropped it inside 3', should have easily been 30 yards passed.

Partner shanked his 3rd shot on a par 5, a chip, at a golf cart. Hit the tire, bounced to a couple ft, made birdie. Same dude made a 230yd eagle on a par 5 after duffing his 2nd a few feet.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

One that stands out.. Was playing my dad for some money and we were all square going into the 16th a par 3. Water in front and to the right (creek wraps around the green) I pull my shot and it's headed towards the trees and surely the water but it hits solid off a tree and takes a left kick and lands about 4 feet from the flag I make birdie and end up winning the match

Hole in one at the Morgan Cup....with camera rolling.

I just remembered another one...

Was playing Pine Ridge. Hole #9 is par 5 dog leg left. I hit a good drive, and was hitting a 6 iron to leave myself a wedge in. For some reason, I smother hook it, and it is screaming for the trees on the left. Lucky for me ( not so much for him ) it hits this big deer and the ball dies on the spot! The deer looks at me like "wth dude" and went into the woods. I waited a minute or two before I went and played my next shot lol!

Anyone of mine that hit the fairway ...:act-up:

When I think of lucky shots, I alllllllways think of my buddy Jeff's shot in a match we had in high school...

17th hole - par 3 - 120 yards over water with 2 front green side bunkers

He completely blades his tee shot, line drive... It just barely makes it over the water, takes one skip in the grass, skips into the bunker & jumps out using the lip like a ramp... Now the ball is hovering in the air, hits the green and proceeds to roll like a perfect putt directly into the hole for the ugliest hole-in-one I have ever seen.

Years ago on a Thanksgiving morning I hit a 70 yard shot from the rough that landed straight in the hole, not one bounce, just straight in.

I had been playing for a little over a year and completely topped my tee shot at World Tour Golf Links in Myrtle Beach on the hole modeled after the 12th at Augusta. My second shot was a pitch over the water hazard and front bunker that handed on the green, bounced once and rolled straight in the cup. Still not sure how I walked away with a birdie on that one.

My luckiest shot was in Hawaii on Mauna Lani course. I pulled a drive deep into one of the lava fields. After about 4 or 5 bounces off the huge lava rocks, my ball comes shooting back out into the fairway.
When I got to the ball, it looked like a dog had been chewing on it.

One of the most unbelievable shots I have ever witnessed in my entire life was during my golf league at Durand Golf Course. A gentleman, Langston, who absolutely crushes the ball but with an ENORMOUS slice is at the first tee box. He knows he slices so he always aims insanely left knowing the ball will slice right back to the fairway. As you can see from the picture, the tee box has a huge drop off with woods on the left. His drive ends up being dead straight instead of slicing so it goes straight into the direction of the woods. He's pissed and starts to re tee until we hear a loud crack from the ball hitting a tree probably 150 yards away and I see something flying back at us. The ball hit literally to very top of a tree and with almost the same flight, came right back at us....RIGHT in front of Langston where he was going to re tee!!! Instead of taking the drop, he hit his 3 wood off the deck.
100_1612_op_800x600.jpg

I holed a shot from 150 once on a par 5 for an eagle. My second luckiest came on a par 3: I hit a tree branch off to the right and it bounced of that and then off the cart path towards the green and stopped a couple inches from the hole.

I hit driver on a 450 yd par 4... drilled it right down the middle. At the time I was only driving the ball between 200 and 225y so I set out for the 250y marker in the middle of the FW looking for my ball.

Couldn't find it; figured I had gotten a bad bounce or something and started looking back closer to the tee box. No dice.

My playing partner (who is a big hitter and was up closer to the green looking for his ball) found my ball between the 150 and 100y marker. Way, way WAY out of my range.

It a blue mark on it. Turns out I had hit the 200y marker - which is a flat marker embedded in the grass; about the size of a dinner plate - in the middle of the fairway on the fly and the damn thing bounced/rolled out until I only had 125y left to the pin. My first 300y plus drive :banana:

I once pushed a 6 iron dead right. It was screaming towards the next tee box (where 4 guys were standing.) FORE! we all yelled. The line drive split the group of four, who were crouching in terror, smashed into the ball washer on the tee box, and ricocheted 90° left towards my green.

It came to a rest 4 feet from the pin.
I three putted. :arrogant:

PGA Catalunya Tour Course, hole 11. A par 3 which has an old, dead tree left of the green. Flag was on the front right portion. I completely push my 6i, hit the tree, and the ball ricochets back towards the flag, stopping 7 feet below the hole. Tap in par...

There are two:

I hit an extremely high approach shot. The course had put stakes around the green and strung a piece of rope through the eyelets on the top of the metal stakes. My ball came down flush on the rope, balanced on the rope and pulled the rope down. Then the rope sprung back up - ball still attached - and 'trampolined' my ball up on the green about 2 inches from the hole. The old gentleman I had been paired with got so made he called me the luckiest (expletive) person he'd ever seen and walked off the course.

I was hitting everything left. Like left of Bernie Sanders hooks. The hole was a 218 yard par 3, tees back a good 15 yards from the marker. I hit a flush shot but didn't really see it. Nobody in our group saw it. We looked and looked and looked in that hill and in the fairway left but never found it. The ball was in the hole. Total luck HIO from about 233 with a 3h.

There are too many to remember the luckiest. I have numerous that have bounced off rocks surrounding a water hazard that have wound up on the green or in the fairway. I've also had a few bounce off OB stakes and back into the fairway.

I want to see what O'Carroll posts in this thread..

Back