Are you Fit for Your Grips

yes, +2 wraps for me

ABSOLUTELY! Online fitting tools and live fitting/experience spits out standard +1 wrap for me.

Yes. I have used the online fitting before. It always tells me midsize. I use standard grips and build them up with 3 wraps under the bottom hand and 2 under the top. Just feels more comfortable.

I have only done the Lamkin online fitting.

During my fitting early last year at a Taylormade Performance Lab I was told that I was in between standard and midsize. So he recommended +2 under the bottom hand to see how I liked it. They worked out well. Since then I've tried mid sized grips and the standard MCC Plus 4 grips. All feel similar to me and are comfortable. Lamkin's online system says I should use midsize.

On a demo day at my club a different Taylormade fitter recommended that I go with midsize to relax my grip pressure to help me naturally release the club better. It definitely helped at the time, but I think as my swing/skill has improved enough that it is less of an issue for me.

Last edited:
Yes. The fitting I had this year said I needed Midsize.

Have not been through a fitting. Read online how to find your size and went from there

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Been online fit. Calls me out as Standard. I tried a midsized and a MC+4 and they felt funny so I went back to standard.

No, I've always played standard and could feel the clubs slip in my hands sometimes when I wouldn't hit the ball with the center of the face. I just wrote it off as a side effect of a bad strike. I bought a used 52* Vokey wedge that had a midsize grip on it and it's currently my favorite club to hit. I bought all new grips to change them out this winter to midsize.

For you guys who use various wraps under each hand, how is choking up on the club for shots? Weird?

It's better. On my wedges I actually throw an additional wrap under my bottom hand to take a little more of the taper out since I grip down on those more.

Never been fitted but more a trial and error process. Midsize with basically 3 wraps. Half wrap on bottom half, then 2 full wraps. Currently have MCC+4 on all my clubs.

When I first started playing, my instructor fit me for grips at mid-size and I've used that ever since.

Yea, I did lamkin's, and I've also found various size/measurement charts to come up with grip size and layers of tape. It seems like a pretty simple thing to do to make sure I have the right sized grip.

~Rock

When I was fit for my irons I remember he measured my hands and said standard with 1 extra wrap. I really like the mcc+4 I have on my driver I haven't decided yet if I am going to put them on all my irons.

Yes, both through Lamkins site and when I go to my fittings.

Back