Could You Take The Challenge?

Yes I do. That is actually a challenge to myself for this next season. I switched clubs what seemed like every other week last season and I think it really hurt me.

Put me in the Grandaddy and I willl prove it :D - if I couldn't make it a year I would feel embarrassed to accept them in the first place

I changed irons and wedges this year but they were the first changes I had made since I won a putter about 3 years ago in the THP holiday cheer event

U are telling the truth! Idk y but I used to find enjoyment in seeing ur Ping I3s in ur signature

Could You Take The Challenge?

12 months and no tinkering? I'm not sure I could do it. I could be loyal to an OEM no doubt but I'd be hard pressed not to want to play their latest.

Yes, no doubt in my mind.

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?
Yes. Without a doubt.

You think you could stay the same for multiple years? How many if you had to take a guess?
Aside from the possibility of getting gear from a THP event, I wouldn't have much trouble getting at least 2 years out of this set, probably longer. It really is that good that I have no itch to try anything else.

As much as I want to say 'YES'.. My answer is 'NO' .. Somethings stay in my bag for a year or two, but a lot of clubs only last about 3-4 months..

It would be difficult given the level of my club hoing for sure. However I believe I can do it. I have gamed pretty much the same bag for almost a full season this year other than a little tinkering to see if a club can out perform the current one. A full grandaddy bag I can see staying in play for a year, given the amount of sentimental value to them and the fact they are fit perfectly to me.

I could do it easily. My current set up (minus the iron/wedge shafts) are all from around March/April of this year. My putter is over 2 years old and I don't plan to swap any time soon.

It would be difficult given the level of my club hoing for sure. However I believe I can do it. I have gamed pretty much the same bag for almost a full season this year other than a little tinkering to see if a club can out perform the current one. A full grandaddy bag I can see staying in play for a year, given the amount of sentimental value to them and the fact they are fit perfectly to me.

Genuine question for you, because I dont know. Did your Morgan Cup bag stay a year?

Absolutely ... I have really slowed down my clubs purchases.

With regards to golf equipment, I am a tinkerer... Part of what I enjoy about the game is trying new stuff. A lot of the time, that equipment doesn't make it a full season, not because it doesn't work well, but rather I see something else that interests me.

What could keep me in a single set? Full custom fitting would likely have a significant influence. Getting a full set from an OEM would have significant pull, too. I saw another post about maybe some extra incentives (whatever those might be). Maybe that would help keep the bag as-is, but if it reduces my enjoyment in the game, then it becomes an interesting value/cost decision.

guys he didnt say if you answer yes he will send you one, 3 pages of yes's makes me laugh
Ha Ha. I was thinking the same thing as I read the answers. An awful lot of yes's from some notorious tinkerer's amd club Ho's :D

Oh yeah, my answer. A resounding Yes!!!

It would be no problem for me, since I don't switch clubs all that often anyway. I will admit to a little more driver tinkering lately, but I could easily pick one and keep it all year.

I'd love to take the challenge... Don't switch much when I find what I like so this could be done I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine question for you, because I dont know. Did your Morgan Cup bag stay a year?
It saddens me to say it did not. I have reasons (excuses) as to why but I guess that's beside the point. Main reason was that I went into the event doubting my club selections and MOST IMPORTANTLY my inconsistent swing and not knowing what fit me best. Having gone through a full fitting and gaining more knowledge of my game now I feel confident that I could now. Not to say it won't be hard at all as I know myself but I am pretty certain I'd give it a heck of a run. Not to mention I've been a callaway fan for all my life, that makes it a bit easier to stay loyal to the oem.

One question, would a shaft swap be disrespect to the oem? Lmao (somewhat sarcastic question)

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?
I think that I could. I have had my irons and putter in the bag for almost two years. I think I could stick with one driver and the same fairways for a year. I'll be really close to that once spring rolls around. If I could pick what I put in the bag and get fit for it all, I could do it.

It saddens me to say it did not. I have reasons (excuses) as to why but I guess that's beside the point. Main reason was that I went into the event doubting my club selections and MOST IMPORTANTLY my inconsistent swing and not knowing what fit me best. Having gone through a full fitting and gaining more knowledge of my game now I feel confident that I could now. Not to say it won't be hard at all as I know myself but I am pretty certain I'd give it a heck of a run. Not to mention I've been a callaway fan for all my life, that makes it a bit easier to stay loyal to the oem.

One question, would a shaft swap be disrespect to the oem? Lmao (somewhat sarcastic question)

This really has nothing to do with OEMs. Honest to god it was just a general question. Here is another question for you. You went through the full fitting, I believe at the Annika academy. Did any of those clubs last a year? Or would they if you purchased them?

This really was not about an OEM, THP Events or anything else. Just genuinely curious.

Im definitely not picking on KC720 or anybody else. Just a conversation that came up from my playing partner and he said no way he would make it without incentive.

Yes, I could. And I would pick very very smartly.

There are a couple loopholes in the original question.

1 - Not said to be the same OEM
2 - Not said to be the same shafts ("clubs")

That said, I think it'd be damn near impossible for most guys to commit to this, even if you had every single OEM at your disposal. Every have a bad round with the driver or putter and say "I just need a change for a couple rounds to iron it out"? I know I have.

Realistically, based on the equipment pondering thread alone, I think we've got a 99% failure rate to this challenge on THP haha... Myself included! While I think the structure of a bag can stay relatively similar for the majority of the year, I don't think most of us can really hang in there without a single change.

I could do that, I have no doubt.

I once did it for 12 years. I can surely manage to do it for one, even with all the great options now available.

*With the assumption that it was fit to me from all available choices of heads, shafts, grips, etc.

Pretty sure. The newest club in my bag is my putter, and I got that during the summer.

I think I could pull this off without issue. Only change that happened in my bag this year was my Putter being swapped out for review with the Cleveland RFI 2135 from the Up & Down.

Back