2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

The dreaded wall. It happens to everyone Morgan dont get down on yourself. Walls just take a little extra effort to get over but its not a dead end

Wall's are supposed to happen after you have lost a bit of weight, not when you are first starting.

I am not giving up, and I am on a year long journey, but it's just annoying that I can't get started. My body hates me haha, I am convinced of it.

I am trying so hard to not get frustrated, but I am eating healthy and working out and instead of losing like everyone else on here I just keep gaining weight.

I know I am eating a lot of fruit so I will try to cut down on that and increase my veggie intake, maybe that will help.

I am off to find some good WW recipes for dinner's this week. I have to try and stay positive, but it's getting harder to do so.

Keep at GG. Weight loss may be focal point. However a healthier you trumps all You're working out, eating healthy, and feeling good about yourself. No reason to let a silly number prevent that from feeling good about yourself.

I like the sounds of that GG!

Hit 199.6 this morning. Crazy to see sub 200 again, this time I need to SEPARATE myself from that margin more though and not settle.

GG, that recipe is good. At least I thought so.

Hit 199.6 this morning. Crazy to see sub 200 again, this time I need to SEPARATE myself from that margin more though and not settle.

That a boy James! Hoping to see sub 200 in the next week or 2 myself

I'm excited to make it. I figured it was a good way to use the mushrooms I have that are on their way out.

I'm excited to make it. I figured it was a good way to use the mushrooms I have that are on their way out.

Amanda really liked it too, which always tells me its a winner as she's pretty picky at times.

I have chicken defrosted and mushrooms that are about to go bad, so here is tonight's dinner. She says it's only 5 smart points. http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/balsamic-chicken-with-mushrooms-and-thyme
That recipe looks amazing, too bad everyone in my house HATES mushrooms besides me.

Congrats dude. Keep at it! I was hoping for more of a drop from last week, but only down 2 lbs. Did a ton of riding last week, so not sure if that affected me or not.

NSV this morning, my co-worker said "your scrubs look huge on you" .... this means it's being noticed that I've lost almost 15lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on my meal replacement shakes for lunch= some frozen fruit, garden of life raw meal and quick oats

1scoop of replacement is 170 calories, did two today but will go back to one

The oats make it more filling since they swell in the belly

NSV this morning, my co-worker said "your scrubs look huge on you" .... this means it's being noticed that I've lost almost 15lbs

There's nothing like someone noticing your hard work unprovoked, its like a perma smile for the day. Way to go Kortney!

Back on my meal replacement shakes for lunch= some frozen fruit, garden of life raw meal and quick oats

1scoop of replacement is 170 calories, did two today but will go back to one

The oats make it more filling since they swell in the belly

Love oats in the morning, its amazing how hungry I get (and how quickly) on days I dont have my overnight oats. I need and love my overnight oats.

I am not a huge fan of them alone and the wife has made the overnight oats and they were ok for me.

If I didn't put them in my shake I'd be hangry real quick.

I have been trying IF for the past couple of weeks, and it is amazing how quickly I have gotten used to it. Eat from about 12-8 and the rest of the day nothing but water

good job hitting your goal jman, keep it up

Has anybody tried the Atkins bars or snacks? I'm looking for something to get through the the times when I want to eat sweets and fruit sometimes just doesn't cut it. I need something I can pick up locally too, like at a Krogers or Schnuks I have in town. I'm in a pretty rural area...

Has anybody tried the Atkins bars or snacks? I'm looking for something to get through the the times when I want to eat sweets and fruit sometimes just doesn't cut it. I need something I can pick up locally too, like at a Krogers or Schnuks I have in town. I'm in a pretty rural area...

JB has been eating them and seems to like them. They are just so damn expensive for what you get. I haven't tried them so I can't personally speak to the taste.

Side note, I had a packed schedule today but was able to get in a 2 mile run. Nothing special, but it was another 2 miles with no stopping so I am happy about that.

I think they are good, but like GG said they are crazy expensive for what you get. I would try to compare some other bars to see if you can get close to the protein and other aspects of the atkins bars.

JB has been eating them and seems to like them. They are just so damn expensive for what you get. I haven't tried them so I can't personally speak to the taste.

Side note, I had a packed schedule today but was able to get in a 2 mile run. Nothing special, but it was another 2 miles with no stopping so I am happy about that.

Thanks GG, I had a peanut butter granola bar the other day and it was pretty good. Like you said they are pretty expensive, but it's something I'll only eat occasionally to ease my sweet tooth. Congrats on the 2 miles, that's a nice run!

I think they are good, but like GG said they are crazy expensive for what you get. I would try to compare some other bars to see if you can get close to the protein and other aspects of the atkins bars.

I couldn't really find much else locally that wasn't loaded with sugar. The proteins not that big of a deal, if they're really not that bad for you, I'll probably just roll with them for a while because of the convenience. I'll definitely do some more looking around next time I'm shopping though.

Thanks GG, I had a peanut butter granola bar the other day and it was pretty good. Like you said they are pretty expensive, but it's something I'll only eat occasionally to ease my sweet tooth. Congrats on the 2 miles, that's a nice run!

I couldn't really find much else locally that wasn't loaded with sugar. The proteins not that big of a deal, if they're really not that bad for you, I'll probably just roll with them for a while because of the convenience. I'll definitely do some more looking around next time I'm shopping though.
If you want a good choice in a snack try Quest Bars. You can buy them on Amazon, and if you have Prime no shipping they run about $2 a bar. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate are my favorites. I like to put a little natural peanut butter on the Double Chocolate. Each of the bars run about 160 calories, with about 20 grams of protein. The 25 carbs is somewhat offset by the 16 grams of fiber.

If you want a good choice in a snack try Quest Bars. You can buy them on Amazon, and if you have Prime no shipping they run about $2 a bar. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate are my favorites. I like to put a little natural peanut butter on the Double Chocolate. Each of the bars run about 160 calories, with about 20 grams of protein. The 25 carbs is somewhat offset by the 16 grams of fiber.

Thanks, I'll check them out and see if I can get the wife to put in an order for me.

Sticking hard to my meal plan and shake for lunch, did 2500m on the rower, 1mile on treadmill with 40lb vest on. Round two this evening was legs, chest back all high reps to burn calories and 7mi on the bike. Keeping this up and the lbs will start dropping in a hurry

Sticking hard to my meal plan and shake for lunch, did 2500m on the rower, 1mile on treadmill with 40lb vest on. Round two this evening was legs, chest back all high reps to burn calories and 7mi on the bike. Keeping this up and the lbs will start dropping in a hurry

Ur an animal...well done buddy

Back