Played a Pro V1X ball today.....

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
I'm a 10 handicapper, 88-90 mph driver speed, 63 mph 7 iron speed. Been playing the e6 ball for little more than a year now. A friend told me to try the DT Trusoft ball, so have been playing that ball for a few rounds. Today 12 holes into the round with the DT Trusoft I decided to try a Pro V1x that I bought in the single ball bin at Golf Galaxy. Wow, I am impressed. Same, if slightly longer, than the Trusoft and the Pro V1x really felt good off the driver, 3 wood and irons. Good spin on chip shots. I will be playing the Pro V1x the next few rounds. Temp today in Boulder City was 52 deg, sunny with just a whisper of breeze.

I had always been under the impression that you needed higher club head speed to get the benefits of the Titleist Pro V1 & V1x balls. Today proved me to rethink the higher club head speed to get an advantage deal with the V1 & V1x balls. I am impressed.

Its a solid ball, glad you found something you like.

If you like the prov1x I would check out the Bridgestone B330-RX. I played the prov1x for years until I tried the B330rx and now that's my go to ball. It also helps you can get them on amazon for like $32/dz vs $45+ for the prov

I know just about nothing in regards to golf balls, but I found myself low on balls in between rounds towards the end of this summer and stopped in the Pro Shop to get some before teeing off. The course was Titleist exclusive and I bought a box of Pro V1x balls…and LOVED them. I actually played all 18 with one ball and have kept the remaining 11 to put into play in 2016.

My ball of choice as well. The 2015 version is the best.

I've often used the regular Pro V, and I am not a high swing speed player at all. I know from talking to people at golf companies that the fact that it takes a tour level swing speed to play the pro v is not accurate. The Pro VX is a bit firmer and does react differently to higher swing speeds than the regular Pro V according to them, but that doesn't mean it's not playable by others.

I love the Prov and played it for my back nine last week and hit some really nice shots with it that checked up a lot more so than the 330 RX I was playing on the front. Now I'm not good enough to need that amount of check and spin as I dont have great distance control on all my shots, but I do really like the feel off the putter and weges of the Pro V more so than any other ball.

Glad you enjoyed it.

If you like the prov1x I would check out the Bridgestone B330-RX. I played the prov1x for years until I tried the B330rx and now that's my go to ball. It also helps you can get them on amazon for like $32/dz vs $45+ for the prov

This right here. I like the prov1x for a long time but have been happy with the switch and cost is also a better deal.

My ball of choice as well. The 2015 version is the best.

Hoosier - maybe you can confirm something for me. I read somewhere, maybe here, that the Prov1X actually launches higher than the Prov1? Now, my driver ss is only about 85mph, but the prov1's my wife got me for my birthday definitely seem to launch a little lower than other balls ( Chrome soft ) I play. Just curious.
Thanks!

I enjoy the hell out of the PRoV1x. It does everything I want a ball to do. It's durable, plays well with others and listens. "Getup and sit"

Pro-V1x is my favorite ball! It's long, nice high flight, great short game spin / feel, and it's consistent. The new edition (2015) are durable as heck too!

Always enjoyed playing any v1x I find on the course. Just don't really buy them.

I buy the lightly used version. I love the 2013 pro v1x. Durable, yet soft. 2015 is too soft. I will second the bb330 rs or rx. Also TaylorMade project a is a great ball.

Interesting that there are move X lovers than just V lovers. I would have guessed the other way, but as is often the case I'm in the minority.

I really like the v1x, but it is so easy to find really good golf balls at a significant discount.

Interesting that there are move X lovers than just V lovers. I would have guessed the other way, but as is often the case I'm in the minority.

I think they're two completely different golf balls. I love the 1x and Honestly I do what I can to avoid playing the 1. Just not a big fan

I think they're two completely different golf balls. I love the 1x and Honestly I do what I can to avoid playing the 1. Just not a big fan
Oh I agree, and I'm like you the other way...Huge fan of the 1, but not so much the X. I guess with this being a place full of #internetGolfers, I shouldn't be surprised that more go for the X :glasses-cool:

I prefer the 1x but I don't hate the V1. I just feel the 1x is a tad more "predictable" over the V1.

I prefer the 1x but I don't hate the V1. I just feel the 1x is a tad more "predictable" over the V1.
You found a predictable ball....Please send me 5 dozen...I'll paypal you now :D

You found a predictable ball....Please send me 5 dozen...I'll paypal you now :D
Haha I'm not sure if that's the right word Rob. But I guess it's how'd I'd describe it. It reacts exactly how I expect it to.

I enjoy playing the ProV1x.....just don't enjoy buying them!!

I played the Vx for a bit, but I switched to the Srixon Z Star. Ironically, it is much higher compression than the V1X.

The X is less spin, higher trajectory then? So maybe better off the driver for most?

It's a solid ball, one of my favorites, but just the price is what gets to me

I have been playing the 1x and Callaway CromeSoft head to head to decide which fits my game better this winter. So far they both beat the 330RX I was playing around the green and off the tee, but it just doesn't feel like the 1x is 10 bucks a dozen better than the CromeSoft. Still gonna give it another month of head to head play till I make a final decision.

Back