Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

What shaft and flex did you put in yours?

DG S300. Not because they won out after extensive testing, but because I had a set on hand and they were a known quantity. One of these days I might just find a fit cart and see which of the available options is best for me, but the S300s are the pickup truck of golf shafts - solid and dependable.

Nice set of clubs. Will have to test them out at GolfGalaxy.

I'm in high anticipation mode, right now, waiting for the shipping notification from RBG. I'm ready to have these in hand for a shaft tweak, then it's go time.

I'm in high anticipation mode, right now, waiting for the shipping notification from RBG. I'm ready to have these in hand for a shaft tweak, then it's go time.
Whatcha doing shaft wise

Excitement is HiGH!!!!

Whatcha doing shaft wise
Really want to go Recoils, but will start with something less expensive in CTLs, which I hit pretty well in the C100s and @dhartmann34 's S55s.

Really want to go Recoils, but will start with something less expensive in CTLs, which I hit pretty well in the C100s and @dhartmann34 's S55s.

Do you already have the CTLs? IIRC they're $40/shaft. Recoils aren't that much more are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you already have the CTLs? IIRC they're $40/shaft. Recoils aren't that much more are they?

I'd probably look at the Proto 95s, so the price difference is a bit more. (Have had the Proto 110s in my Apex, and really like them)

Both sound like solid options

Both sound like solid options
He's not factoring in the D5 swing weight wonderfulness I've got on my irons... He stripes em right down the middle.

He's not factoring in the D5 swing weight wonderfulness I've got on my irons... He stripes em right down the middle.
Freaking anvils on a stick, but they work. Would love to get that in the C200s which should launch a bit higher. Those shafts with the FLX Face tech, and the muted sound?... C'mon RBG! Where's that shipment notice?!?!

By that I assume you mean something other than the Tour 90?

i apologize, i had f5 on the brain

i apologize, i had f5 on the brain

Understandable. Getting the F5s on the brain isn't hard to do.

Curious how everyone is doing with the irons? Have those that purchased their sets received them? If so, please post your thoughts as well. The reviews are not limited to just the #StaffProto guys.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Curious how everyone is doing with the irons?
First hole on my home course: birdie
Second round in month of January: personal best

I think the C200's and I are getting along pretty well.

Curious how everyone is doing with the irons? Have those that purchased their sets received them? If so, please post your thoughts as well. The reviews are not limited to just the #StaffProto guys.

Carded my first eagle with them. Gap Wedge from 120.

Off topic: Still waiting on mine to ship from RBG. To their defense, website did say product may take 3 to 7 days before shipment.

Back on topic: very ready to give them some swings. I keep reading/watching all of the THP content and any other content available.

Sounds like everyone who received these clubs are killing it with them. Birdies, personal bests, eagles, increased distances, I can't wait to swing these myself and get the Wilson itch.

On Order

On Order

Hi DufferToo,
Yep. I've ordered mine from RBG. Still no e-mail saying that they have been shipped.

Hi Rambler,

I ordered my C200 graphite set from RGB on Tuesday. I was hoping to hear about a ship date by now...but nothing yet.

Shhh, don't tell my boss but I just read through this entire thread. How do these compare for anyone who has played Burner 2.0's?

Say what you will about TM but I have played the best and most consistent golf of my life since buying a set of 2.0's in 2011, fitted by my pro with KBS Tour Stiff. But, I am getting that itch for something new.

First hole on my home course: birdie
Second round in month of January: personal best

I think the C200's and I are getting along pretty well.

Carded my first eagle with them. Gap Wedge from 120.
Sounds like they are ok...if you're into lower scores and stuff. :act-up: Seriously though, congratulations on the PB and the eagle guys.

I'm glad to see that Wilson is back in the game of making wanted clubs. Exciting to see.

Back