How would you play this hole?

#9 is driver off the tee past the fairway bunkers on left, left with short iron into the green.

Little late night bump after the PGA Show.

Would like to find myself in the fairway over the two bunkers with a short iron in hand.

Would like to find myself in the fairway over the two bunkers with a short iron in hand.

If we are playing the Orange tees you might want to be worried about those greenside bunkers off the tee.

I'm pretty sure I'll be using the mini driver on this hole. But that's all about placement for my partner. On my own I'm poking something this get be inside 140

Orange tee I can fly the bunker so driver wedge, back tees a bit trickier so probably choke down on the driver and thread the needle

Missed this thread the last couple of days.

#8 - 4h or 5i from orange tees, 8 iron from white tees

#9 - Driver from either set of tees

#7 --> I'm hitting my 4 wood to the left of the bunker. Then it's my 815 hybrid to about 70 yards. Then it's a 60* wedge next to the pin... And then I pray for a birdie.

#8 --> Looks like 175 to get on the green so I'm hitting 5 iron which should put me dead center giving me a shot at any cup. Just keeping the bunkers and water out of play.

#9 --> 4 wood to the right of the bunkers....then depending on pin placement, an 8 or 9 iron in. 2 putt and walk away with a good par.

On to the back nine at the RTJ Grand National Lake Course.
#10 Par 4

18892ea83449c168ddce4af5322abb22.jpg

Well this looks like a pretty straight forward hole...until you read the description.

Tee ball will be important to find the fairway. Driver for me followed up with an 8 or 9 into the elevated green. Walking off this one with a par.

#10 Driver off the tee and the mid to short iron or wedge depending on the tee

not that tough actually, but the green has a nasty hump in the middle. last time I played I snapped one left, and it a hard hooking pw uphill to about 12' but missed the putt. it was a cool shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So finishing up the front 9.

RTJ Lake Course #9
Par 4
3f5346d1aa96e40f7e063fb4a35caada.jpg

Depending on how close the trees come into play on the right by those fairway bunkers will determine my play. Probably laying up short of them leaving a longer iron into the green.

For #9, my cut would seem to help to take the bunkers out of play. Play down the left side and bring it into right center. For the second shot, maybe play a half a club longer rather than a full club since it is suggested to be below the hole.

JM

#10 Par 4

Well this looks like a pretty straight forward hole...until you read the description.

Tee ball will be important to find the fairway. Driver for me followed up with an 8 or 9 into the elevated green. Walking off this one with a par.

Those that hit the fairway on this one will have an advantage for sure. I'm taking driver and shooting the pin twice with the range finder! Not even gonna look at that bunker and trust the number I get from the laser with an elevation adder.

JM

No more excuses or tricks at this point. Take your driver and put it in the short stuff and then trust your yardage and take dead aim for the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 is a driver and then... If I hit it a consistent distance I could venture a guess but I don't say I can't.

Depending on tees.....will hit BB Mini if possible. If not, it's driver and then a club up into the green.

#RangefinderWithSlopeFTW

RTJ Grand National-Lake Course

49a5bb8b72f191c3166170d5f117b796.jpg

Another hole where there doesn't seem like too much danger. Those bombing their tee balls will get some extra distance. Possible birdie hole. I'm going driver then wedge to 5' for the tap in birdie.

Another hole where there doesn't seem like too much danger. Those bombing their tee balls will get some extra distance. Possible birdie hole. I'm going driver then wedge to 5' for the tap in birdie.

Little fade off the tee, 50* wedge in to the middle of the green, 3-putt for Bog.

Time to let the big dog loose again on #11. Should be able to wedge it in with the extra roll on the drive.

How would you play this hole?

#10 and #11 are both driver off the tee. Hope I leave myself as short as possible 2nd shots

#10 Par 4

For #10

From the tips or from the Orange tees, considering you need to be in the fairway I'm probably hitting my 3 wood or 20* hybrid from the tips. Not trying to step on it, just hitting it smooth and in the fairway. From the tips should leave me with around 4 iron at most, maybe down to 6 iron. From the Orange tees....same play should leave me a 6 iron down to a 9 iron.

This one looks like a fun hole!

From the tips due to the extra distance from the elevation and fairway, bombing a driver could leave me a really short club into the hole with extra roll. Depending on HOW much roll, lets say 15 yards? That puts me easily out past 300 off the tee if I'm in the fairway. So, saying 300 off the tee, puts me at 145 and hitting a 9 iron into the green at most. So, I wouldn't have a problem taking a 3 wood off the tee either, with extra roll and I'm guessing I'm not hitting anything more than a 7 iron into the green.

From the Orange, with a great drive, I'm hitting a 58 into the green, even with a 3 wood probably not more than a PW.

Depending on where the pin is, this is a hole that I'm pin hunting hard core.

Definitely will be fun to see which tees we are playing. Could see some bombs here and some birdies.

Then again we are Internet golfers and once it comes to putting ball to club we miss the short stuff.

Got to let the big dog eat on 11. Would expect to see some guys really get some down there.

Easy hole. Stock cut driver with a smooth swing all day on this one

Back