Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9* Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6TX
3wood: TaylorMade M3 15* Project X EvenFlow black
5wood: Titleist 915F 18* Mitsubishi Diamana BF-80 X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95S
Irons: Titleist 716 T-MB 4i, 718 AP2 5-P True Temper DG S400
Wedges: Vokey SM7 54, Vokey Prototype 60 True Temper DG Tour Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura T5 MB
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

interesting top end of the bag. and quite a gap from pw to sand wedge, but as crowded as the top of his bag is i guess he doesn't have much choice.

interesting top end of the bag. and quite a gap from pw to sand wedge, but as crowded as the top of his bag is i guess he doesn't have much choice.

I am thinking his PW is old school lofted around 48*. 4 iron probably a few degrees weaker than today's standard of about 22, as well as the rest of the iron set.

Is Na still a free agent sponsor wise? I seem to recall his deal with Titleist ending a few months back (I think).

Is Na still a free agent sponsor wise? I seem to recall his deal with Titleist ending a few months back (I think).

His bag and the different logoless hats he has been wearing make me think he is. I think we see more of this as OEMs start really analyzing the ROE on tour staff. I am thinking there are only so many guys that have a positive number on that count.

I am thinking his PW is old school lofted around 48*. 4 iron probably a few degrees weaker than today's standard of about 22, as well as the rest of the iron set.

718 ap2 is 46*
716 tmb 4i is 23*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do find it odd that he uses a MB 4 iron and a little seemingly less demanding than MB iron set. Just goes to show to use whatever works best for you.
good question i don’t know. those are stock.

Stock or what he plays them at?

I would agree with you that his lofts are probably not stock. Seems like he goes Driver/3w/5W fairly traditional at the top of the bag, than a 21* H, probably 24/28/32/36/40/44 for his 4-9I then 48* PW with 6* gaps for SW/LW. interesting but with his swing speed and prolific short game it makes sense.

I believe we overthink loft gaps for these guys. It's not about the lofts, it's about the distance gaps.

Mixed bags are cool, that whatever works best is in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I believe we overthink loft gaps for these guys. It's not about the lofts, it's about the distance gaps.

Internet golfers overthink things? Lies.

His bag and the different logoless hats he has been wearing make me think he is. I think we see more of this as OEMs start really analyzing the ROE on tour staff. I am thinking there are only so many guys that have a positive number on that count.

it was mentioned on social media after someone called out titleist to give him a package deal again. Na chose to walk away from a deal with titleist and as such doesnt play their driver nor wear there headwear anymore.

I do find it odd that he uses a MB 4 iron and a little seemingly less demanding than MB iron set. Just goes to show to use whatever works best for you.

tmb is not very blade-like. that 4i is really easy to hit. it’s a smaller driving iron basically. i loved the 4i and 5i when i gamed the tmbs.

it was mentioned on social media after someone called out titleist to give him a package deal again. Na chose to walk away from a deal with titleist and as such doesnt play their driver nor wear there headwear anymore.

He has been playing really well the last few months, so I guess that was a good move by Na.

Spieth does the TMB-AP2 thing as well, and more Titleist staffers use AP2 than MB

Glad he got the win he gets a lot of crap but I like him.

Also dig the mixed bag

In his post-round interview with Amanda Balionis, he gave a very heart-felt speech to his Korean fans... in Korean. I have no idea what he said, but he was very emotional!

In his post-round interview with Amanda Balionis, he gave a very heart-felt speech to his Korean fans... in Korean. I have no idea what he said, but he was very emotional!

Really showed how much it meant to him happy for him! Also got the Tiger call right before going on air!

Back