Farmergolf

Drink Milk
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
My 12 year old is really getting into golf and has birthday coming up. I buy the big box shag balls and he hits tons but would be better off mat as our grass is not too great. Any one have recommendations? The real feel country club one get good reviews but are pricey but if they are way better that would be fine. Thanks

I've had the Country Club Mat for 4 years now and it looks as good as new as the day I purchased it. It sits outside and gets a lot of use. It may be expensive but well worth it and does a better job replicating hitting off of real turf than any other mat I've used.

I've had the Country Club Mat for 4 years now and it looks as good as new as the day I purchased it. It sits outside and gets a lot of use. It may be expensive but well worth it and does a better job replicating hitting off of real turf than any other mat I've used.

What size mat did you go for?

5'x5' mat.

This. I have one outdoors and one indoors. Outdoor one is 3 years old and is in great shape. Expensive but will last.

Fiberbuilt is the best imo if you are going to be hitting lots of shots off of it. Zero hurting the wrists on this one. Also it is supposed to be the closest numbers to hitting off real grass as per trackman. But if a simulator is in the future, then this mat is not good for putting off of if putting interests you. But if there is no putting, i'd recommend this for sure. I hit hundreds of balls daily during the winter, and get zero wrist pain, and using my skytrak, I get reasonably close numbers to real life.

I’ve been very happy with the PutOUT putting mat. It comes in green and grey...I have the grey. I’ve rolled thousands of putts over the last few months and it’s holding up great. It rolls nicely to fit in a bag/tube and rolls out flat quickly even when stored for long periods.

It hasn’t lost it’s “trueness” either, but I do vary the side that I put from as well as the different lines that I follow along the mat.

I have a fiberbuilt. You can purchase just the insert to save costs.

Many people have problems with the CCE. Elbow, wrist and shoulder issues because it is punishing on fat shorts.

Thanks for all the replies!

I have the CCE. It’s showing no sign of wear. I’ve heard about the wrist and elbow issues but I’ve been good so far.

This. I have one outdoors and one indoors. Outdoor one is 3 years old and is in great shape. Expensive but will last.

Do you leave this outside in the cold snowy months?

Matt Wallace.

I have both a Fiberbuilt and CCE. I like the feel of the CCE better but it is punishing on fat shots and my elbow hurts after hitting a lot of balls. The Fiberbuilt has a different sound and feel but I never get pain after a session.

I have both a Fiberbuilt and CCE. I like the feel of the CCE better but it is punishing on fat shots and my elbow hurts after hitting a lot of balls. The Fiberbuilt has a different sound and feel but I never get pain after a session.

Since its, at least, twice the price of anything else out there it should be perfect.

Does anyone leave their mat out on the grass? The only level place I have for a mat is on the grass. Would it be better to put something down on the grass then put the mat on top of it? I am going to get the CCE.

Does anyone leave their mat out on the grass? The only level place I have for a mat is on the grass. Would it be better to put something down on the grass then put the mat on top of it? I am going to get the CCE.

Mine is directly on the grass. When I’m not using it I will move it under the deck so it doesn’t kill the grass but it works just great sitting on grass.

Mine is directly on the grass. When I’m not using it I will move it under the deck so it doesn’t kill the grass but it works just great sitting on grass.

Thanks. I assumed it was really heavy to be moving around.

Thanks. I assumed it was really heavy to be moving around.

It is if you are trying to lift and carry it but it’s really easy to drag on the ground.

CCE on its way. Now what to pair it with? I have the Rukkan net from a few years ago. What about a swing trainer. Anyone use the Garmin Truswing? I have the G80 so it seems like the right pair.

I bought the Challenger Commercial Grade Hitting Mat on TGW.com a couple years ago. It has been fantastic and was a good value for around $200.

I also have both. You can pick up a Fiberbuilt flight deck for under $60 from Amazon to pair up with your CCE. This gives you the best of both worlds. I hit off both and use the CCE as a stance mat when hitting off the Flight Deck.

It is if you are trying to lift and carry it but it’s really easy to drag on the ground.

FedEx shipping weight is 27lbs so I'm guessing it is probably 25lbs. Not a lot but spread out over a 4x4 area it is probably cumbersome. I think I'm going to roll it up and make a bungee cord carrying handle. Or I might build up a pad in the yard and make it level with a brick surround. Use some paver stone stamped down under it. Might be a bit of a struggle to convince the other member of the house it is a good idea.

Back