Fitting at Bettinardi

BL

Reaction score
Handicap
Short game
Anyone ever been fit for a putter at Bettinardi's studio outside of Chicago. I like that the fitting cost ($100) goes towards the cost of the putter but am curious how involved the fitting process is for the "non-custom" putter fittings.

Thought @golfunfiltered was going to get a fitting as well at Bettinardi.

I didn't know that was offered. I love my BB1.

I think the fitting is the same whether or not you’re buying custom or not from my understanding. It’s something that I’ve wanted to do as well, as my sister lives right by them.

I’m fairly sure a few THPers have done it before that can hopefully chime in and either confirm or tell me I’m wrong haha

I've been fitted there and went with a buddy that did as well. If you're going for something "off the rack" they basically have you hit balls around until you find the shape that suits your eye. You then take that putter into the lab where using lasers, mirrors and cameras they determine the correct loft, length and lie for you. Pick out a grip and a head cover and they put it together for you.

I've been fitted there and went with a buddy that did as well. If you're going for something "off the rack" they basically have you hit balls around until you find the shape that suits your eye. You then take that putter into the lab where using lasers, mirrors and cameras they determine the correct loft, length and lie for you. Pick out a grip and a head cover and they put it together for you.

So the technical fitting part doesn't help you select a head, that's just done by feel and preference?

So the technical fitting part doesn't help you select a head, that's just done by feel and preference?

Correct

That seems kinda weak. I would have thought that process would be more quantitative. I have no clue how much toe flow I need, for instance.

That seems kinda weak. I would have thought that process would be more quantitative. I have no clue how much toe flow I need, for instance.

In that case I would highly suggest doing a putter fitting at Club Champion or somewhere that has a SAM PuttLab. That is a much more quantitative fitting like you're looking for.

In that case I would highly suggest doing a putter fitting at Club Champion or somewhere that has a SAM PuttLab. That is a much more quantitative fitting like you're looking for.

I did a putter fitting at CC a year or so ago and ended up just adjusting my existing putter, which I can't ****ing stand right now. Maybe I should just go back there.

Back