bgoodall

Reaction score
Handicap
7-8-20182_zpsythttdc3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7-8-20182_zpsythttdc3.jpg.html
library
I have been playing for about a year and 1/2 now and recently transitioned to try and improve my game overall.
From the photos...what should i focus on.
I generally make solid contact (still fat from time/time) but seem to push the ball right w/ the irons.

Last edited:
well....I posted a photo, not sure if I did correctly...??!?!?

Can’t see the photos or video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takeaway looks a little inside. Try to keep the clubhead outside your hands on the way back.

deleted image

Last edited:
can't get a video to load...I'll search the FAQ and hopefully figure it out!

Not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for. I'm not one to criticize a swing as mine is horrible, but I think you have one of my same issues in that your hands get farther away from your body in the take away/backswing and your clubhead gets too far behind your body too early, but then it looks like you end up in a good position at the top (to my untrained eye), so what do I know.

Hopefully Tadashi can chime in.

1. Knees and waist bent 'a little' too much at address. You're standing taller at impact and that posture actually looks good.
2. Backswing plane is different than the downswing plane (might be okay, I'm no pro. But it's something to work on).
3. Your video clips are awesome!
4. Left heel raises, and left knee moves back during backswing / takeaway. Keep that left heel a little more planted.
5. Can I get your backyard?

Thanks for the feedback.... Clubs are too short for me, bought a set of Ping G2 Green Dot on Ebay and haven't extended them [I need a club fitting :)] so this may be the reason for excessive bend.
I was swinging RocketBladez R Graphite and my swing is too fast for them and picked up the Pings for $100 to try the S Steel shafts. I love them.

What effect does the above left leg input have on the swing?

As far as the backyard..... I'm keeping it.

Any other thoughts?
Playing in a 4 round (Ryder Cup Style) tourney next weekend and want to perform!

that's a damn good swing for a 20 handicap. there are obviously other areas of your game that need improvement to get that handicap down, because that swing should be able to break 90 consistently imho.

if i had any feedback, i'd say to step back from the ball maybe 3-6 inches. you look a little too close, but i could be wrong.

Well from what I know and what I understand, it’s okay to have some left leg ‘movement’ and a slight left heel raise. Just don’t overdo it. Harvey Penick actually recommends it, but he’s from a different era and most modern pros (I am not one of them) keep the left heel planted.

The best I can describe it is raising that left heel and canting the left knee back robs you of the torso coil you are going for. The more I read, study, and from occasional lessons...the more I hear about coiling the upper body and torso against the hips. It’s a weak area for my swing, but as it improves I’ve gained significant distance and clubhead speed.

Best of luck.

i would say that the left leg is more of an effect than a cause. it can help diagnose a problem, not really being the problem in and of itself. for me, when my left knee collapses, it's because i'm swaying back instead of turning back. the left knee always collapses a little. the knees should maintain some flex during the backswing. this helps to maintain a consistent posture, and to use the ground my efficiently for power. at least that's the way i like to think of it.

My driver misses both ways so I’m always recovering on the 2nd shot.
I’ll try to get a few driver swings uploaded in the morning.

I do push my irons though.

Hope that is your kid stealing your balls.

Your swing looks a lot like mine. One thing I see that I do wrong is not keeping hands inside of the club head on the takeaway. I have been working on that lately and seeing more consistent shots at the range.

There are a couple small things that you could adjust but overall you have a solid swing. Your takeaway is more than fine, do not change it. Try to kept a firm left wrist at the top of your swing, it’ll shorten the length of the swing. Turn those knuckles down at impact to get rid of the push. Groove your swing with those changes and you’ll be all set.

I'm no swing coach so I don't have any tips for ya, but thats a pretty decent swing for a 20 handicap! Keep up the hard work and enjoy the game!

Thank Tadashi70 and all others for the tips....I'll keep plugging away and work on the left wrist/knuckles...

The swing looks good for no longer than you have played, I see the knees may be a little too flexed at address. My big thing is at the top of your backswing your left wrist is cupped somewhat which is an open club face which somehow has to be corrected on the way down which can cause other issues at impact. I would rather you have a flat wrist at the top, in which the club face is square already. I wish my swing looked as good as yours when I was just that far into the game. Also a flat wrist will also help your driver dispersion. Keep up the good work.

Back