Have you reached your full potential

I don't believe I have reached my full potential.
Why? Because of the few reasons.
1. Need more lessons
2. Need to practice more
3. Need to play more
4. Need to live in a locale that I can golf year around

I am still getting better every year as is, so I know I haven't peaked.

So you don't subscribe to the 'blind squirrel finds a nut' notion. What are you doing to improve upon those great shots?

No I don't. I believe that the improvement I have seen in game is directly related to the lessons I have taken. And since I'm not a complete idiot and have some athletic ability, I can replicate those shots and thoughts.
I've proven to myself, if no one else, that I have the ability. Now it is only matter of doing. Lessons, range time, drills ect. will give me a repeatable swing.
My thoughts anyway.

Have you reached your full potential

No, I have not. I know my potential lies around playing to par consistently. That true potential may stay hidden forever, but the future will tell.

No I haven't I think I can improve. Golf is unique where at most any age you can improve.

With just playing for two full years now and being only 23 I know I have not. I know I have tons of room for improvement not to mention learning how to use the power from my 6'5 260 frame. At least I hope my 21 handicap is not what my full potential is

No I haven't I have only been playing 3 years and I even though I feel I've learned a lot I know there is so much more to learn.

I think I am far from reaching my full potential. I know I need more practice and more playing, but that I have a lot of potential untapped.

Long game yes, short game no.

I thought I had last year when I started taking steps backwards score wise but now things are starting to click again and are trending better than before. I also have been gaining distance back and that was what held me back for so long. Now I have a better mindset to the approach and know each step to get better.

No I haven't I had gotten to an 11.2 just over a year ago and now I'm back close to a 15....I need to practice more...I play a lot, but rarely practice.

Honestly with work I think I have the potential to be a 6-8, but that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now , nope. 6 years ago before I stopped.... maybe. Honestly if that was my peak back then im good with it. I am definitely trying to get back there, and sometimes the journey is more fun then arriving.

I am wondering if you feel you have reached your full potential as a player. If so, why? What is about your game that lends you to believe you can get better? Are you taking steps to reach your full potential?

If you have reached your peak, when did you know you? What are you doing to maintain? Are ok with the fact you are stuck with the game you have?

My peak came several years ago when I was younger. I now have had spine surgery and still have back issues and even though todays balls and equipment is better, at 52 I'm holding steady but I'll never be as good as I once was. Just don't have the desire or the time or the body for it. The only thing saving me today is that I'm able to hit fairways, have a good short game and improved by a couple of strokes last year on the green, working hard on my putting. That is one part anyone can get better at even with age or health issues.

Oh nooo ..... I think I have reached maximum potential in golf. 89 is the sweetest, 93 - 99 is common score, 100+ become rarely.

not at my full potential. I took lessons all last winter, and have improved alot. That being said, I still have lots to work on, from my swing (which still has many things which can be improved), to my mental game (which I need to use every game, not just sometimes). As well as course management, which I'm still learning.
Golf is like poker, easy to learn, but takes a lifetime to master. And most of us will never get to the master phase. I just hope I'm close, lol.

No I don't think I have at all. I need to think through the game better and also make my swig a bit more repeatable.

If I don't have anything to play for or practice for I don't so really I feel I am no where near what I can shoot. I haven't been to a range since mid July before the Legacy and honestly don't know the next time I will go if I don't have anything to drive towards.

I know I could be much lower than I am but am also very happy with where I am. I don't mind shooting 85 or so without practice. That said I do sometimes wonder where I would be if I truly practiced and truly listened to an instructor. I have the time to hit the range every day it is just always an afterthought.

Hoping next year I have something to drive towards and become the best Golfer I can

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I never really looked at my game with 'potential' in mind.. More or less I picked a number and tried to play to it, believing that I had the abilities to get there (which I get is potential to a point).

This will be an interesting year for me. I've reached my golf goals, now it's time to try and refine and improve in scores as well as other ways.

Fun to bump an old thought.

Almost a year later, I am pretty proud of my progression. Golf isn't about "LOWEST EVER" anymore, it's about "most enjoyment" and this year, I accomplished that big time. Next year is about refining my swing, a creating something I can be happy with for the next twenty years. Going in the direction of that ultra smooth, ultra repeatable Fred Couples move. Love it.

When I break par in consecutive rounds I will be satisfied. Too many mistakes on the course currently to think I have hit a plateau.

When I break par in consecutive rounds I will be satisfied. Too many mistakes on the course currently to think I have hit a plateau.

Id love to see you stick with what ever plan you're on now. Some solid golf in that swing. Start playing the 'game' with your short game and I think you'll score better.

Yes.

Reached my potential long ago. Now I just need to understand I'll never be that close again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering if you feel you have reached your full potential as a player. If so, why? What is about your game that lends you to believe you can get better? Are you taking steps to reach your full potential?

If you have reached your peak, when did you know you? What are you doing to maintain? Are ok with the fact you are stuck with the game you have?

Full potential? No, I definitely do not think I've reached my full potential.

Why do I believe I can get better? I've only been taking the game seriously for a few full seasons total now (2 1/2-3), with a couple year break between the first 2 years, and I have glimpses of what I can really do come out every now and then. I've taken my game from shooting in the 100's when I first started, to breaking 80 a decent amount to end this year. With more time and practice under my belt I fully believe my ceiling is pretty high. I also naturally have really good hand eye coordination, touch, and short game, which I think is a big part to getting to low scores and HC numbers. Just have to work on consistency and work to add a bit of effective power/accuracy from the mid-range iron game and there is no telling how low I can go.

Plus, in the end, I love the game. Working hard at practice and getting better isn't a chore to me, I love it. So having the drive to put the work in isn't an issue.

I did reach my potential IRT golf in 1990. 2.3 index with SCGA, daily practice or play after work. Divorce will let you have that time to practice & play. I was never a good putter, and to make it on the Pro Tours you have to be a very great putter, outstanding if possible. All the Pro's can hit the shots; drives, approach shots, sand shots, all of them. It's who has the hot putter from Thursday thur Sunday, fewest putts, usually wins. If I could have putted better, Life may have been different after 1990. I am very happy, VERY HAPPY, to still have a single digit handicap after all these years. Now at 71 years old, a replaced knee, repaired other knee, replaced shoulder, repaired other shoulder I am still shooting between 78 & 85. I'll gladly take it.

Wish I could have putted though, and see where it might have taken.

I sure hope not.

Nah, but I'd need a lot more free time to get there.

I think I've got about a 10 year window left to really reach my potential.

I posted my lowest hdcp ever this fall, so I hope I can maintain some sort of form over the winter & drop it lower next year.

Back