How do you birdie?

I’d say the majority of mine come from the 6-10’ range. Every once in a while I’ll knock one stiff and have a kick in and sometimes the putter will heat up and I’ll make a few putts outside of 15-20’. It’s just the flow of the game for me...

Definitely shots inside 10 feet for me.

30 of 46 birdies so far in 2018 have come from inside 10 feet. I average being just over 25 feet from the cup on greens in regulation, so... it's a rarity, for sure.

- Chuck

I don't birdie often but it's probably split pretty evenly between 15 footers and putts under 6 feet on par 5's.

Usually pretty close. The last 2 rounds I've played, I've had 7 total birdies. I don't think I made a putt over 10 feet for any of them. Most are from getting on the green in two or close to it on a par 5 or sticking it close with a scoring iron.

When I do convert, it's mostly from 15 feet or longer. I don't get it close very often anymore.

Last round I had (2) 15-20 footers and (1) 30 footer

The round when I birdied before that, I had (2) 30ish footers and (1) 2 footer

With an eraser...when no one is looking.

Usually the birdie comes from my sinking a long putt. Rarely tap ins (unless on a par 3)

More often my birds come from under 10 feet.

Big sample size recently due to a vacation last week and also family visiting here for a long father's day weekend. 15 rounds on 15 different courses since June 15th. GHIN tracked how many birds in each round and they are recent enough I remember them all. Most were 10' or in. I was shutout six rounds. Holed an 8' eagle putt. Made birdie putts of 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4. 6, 9, 12, 16, 16, & 24 feet and I also holed a short greenside sand shot for birdie.

If I'm not hitting close approach shots (inside 15') I rarely make birdies. If I can get closer approaches I tend to make lots of birdies. Usually from all sorts of distances. Just comes from confidence while out on the course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I get a surprising number of birdies when I think I'm playing for par and end up sinking a 45 or 30 foot putt

I'm a middle of the green guy, so when I get birdies, it's courtesy of 10-foot-plus putts. When it's closer, bully for me. But my rare birds are when I'm putting well from middle distance.

When I get birdies, it's usually from a putt 15+ feet away. I had 2 footer Saturday which was nice (Chromesofts have huge stopping power), but those putts aren't as common.

Typically mine are from 5-10ft putts. But my last one was from driving just off the green on a narrow 270yd par 4 and getting up and down. My 5-some had 3 birdies on that hole, with the other two from amazing approach shots after much shorter drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't pin hunt, so usually for me to birdie it has to be from 10 feet plus, or sheer dumb luck on chip ins etc.

Mine are definitely a mixture of longer and shorter putts. I hit my fair share of approaches close, some close enough to be tap-ins. Today I had 4 birdies, one tap-in and the other three from anywhere from 10 to 20 feet or so. Two of those were tricky side hill putts that had the line and speed not been right the ball would have gone appreciably past the hole.

The vast majority of my very short birdie putts are following short pitches, chips or putts for eagle on par 5's.

Vast majority of my par 4 and par 3 birdies are generally within 5' to 15'. Some shorter, some longer here and there.

Although 2016 was a stellar season for me wrt many chip-in birds, and last season saw a few early, I don't recall having any this year. '16 was the anomaly, I don't usually have many chip-ins of any kind.

Kind of a mixed bag for me, but the long ones are rare. My birdies usually fall in the mid range with the occasional kick in.

Today it was a 4 inch putt and a 1 foot putt. Usually they are more eventful though

It is a mix...

Typically on par 5's they are inside of 10 ft. For the par 3's & 4's they are spread out a little further. The occasional chip in, but those are rare.

This is me as well.

I am more comfortable over a 15 footer than a 5 footer, but when the birdies come they seem to come in bunches going in from everywhere.

Last Sunday I had 4 looks from 6 to 25 ft and burned the edge on all of them, usually leaving a 3-5 ft come back for par (which I am 90% on making) the week before I had 5 birdies again from all over the place but everyone was center of the cup.

Same Putter, same stroke, different course, but so frustrating to not convert more often

I would say a vast majority of my birdies are from inside 8 feet (like 85-90%) and usually from short par 4s where I have less than 120 yards or par5 where I’m basically chipping on for my 3rd or second putt from the eagle chance. Second biggest handful probably just lucky putts from outside 20 haha. Then sprinkle a few random 10-15 footers.

For me it is about 1/3 short putts, 1/3 long putts, and 1/3 chip ins. I am a prett good chipper so I hole out more than normal.

Birdie.... I can’t remember... my last birdies were from hitting an iron tight... had 2 in one round back to back, par 3 7i 160 into the wind to about 7-8’ uphill;
Par 4 370ish downwind 9i from the 1st cut to about 6’... was fortunate to thin it a bit with the pin in the back of the green it ran out to the back and was able to sneak putt in the side... luck more than plan...

I would say the vast majority come from inside 15'. Usually on Par 5's that I can reach, and shorter Par 4's where I'm holding a wedge for my 2nd shot.

Back