2018-19 PGA Tour Schedule

They need to swap the Nelson and the Colonial. Why would you play a links style course the week before the PGA at Bethpage? Field was so so weak this year and is gonna be even worse I think next year for the Nelson. Also think the Colonial being the week after a major could really hurt their field. Got a great sponsor this year so I'll take it.

The schedule is going to be tough on both DFW events...and that's too bad. The Nelson didn't gain any fans with its "innagural" event (lack of trees/shade, weak field, hot...) and the Colonial has been changing sponsors annually....

Now they have Majors scheduling to contend with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like how they moved the Players to March. It finally gives me a chance to visit the event as it always fell on Mothers day weekend.

Makes it easier to watch too. Was always a tough order to watch the final round.

Valspar gonna take a pretty big hit there. Right after the players and before the match play.
My buddy who works for the Valspar jokingly asked if I was hiring. Yeah this definitely didn't help them at all.

the placement of the WGC Mexico is much better and in a spot that makes sense again.

Check this stretch out though....

Torrey Pines
Scottsdale
Pebble
Riveira
Mexico
PGA National
Bay Hill
Sawgrass

I think that is going to cause some scheduling problems for the big players. Let's just say Tiger is in the top 50 at that point. He'll likely play Torrey, Riviera(his foundation tourney), then would have Mexico, Honda, Arnie, and Players in 4 straight weeks. That's pretty crazy.

Similar to that point, there are four Florida tournaments in a row, all of which seem to be pretty reputable. Of course Bay Hill and The Players are pretty big, but would you skip the Honda or Valspar at Copperhead? Neither? Both?

I hope we can get a good field in Minnesota?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The schedule is going to be tough on both DFW events...and that's too bad. The Nelson didn't gain any fans with its "innagural" event (lack of trees/shade, weak field, hot...) and the Colonial has been changing sponsors annually....

Now they have Majors scheduling to contend with.

I hate the scheduling for them but especially Colonial. When I lived in Arlington, it was my favorite of the two events. I don't understand the sponsor roulette or if PGATour deals with its sponsors might conflict with DFW area companies who have the money to step up as as a title or presenting sponsor.

I want to see the Nelson do well but I don't see Trinity Forest helping. My old golfing buddies tell me the rumblings aren't all that quiet about that the tournament beginning discussions about the possibility of a move after 2021, when the contract with TF expires. From what they've told me, private comments to tournament officials about the course were considerably different than the public statement during the week.

I hate the scheduling for them but especially Colonial. When I lived in Arlington, it was my favorite of the two events. I don't understand the sponsor roulette or if PGATour deals with its sponsors might conflict with DFW area companies who have the money to step up as as a title or presenting sponsor.

I want to see the Nelson do well but I don't see Trinity Forest helping. My old golfing buddies tell me the rumblings aren't all that quiet about that the tournament beginning discussions about the possibility of a move after 2021, when the contract with TF expires. From what they've told me, private comments to tournament officials about the course were considerably different than the public statement during the week.
My primary concern for TF long term is the location. There is nothing around it, whereas the Las Colinas course had 4 Seasons right there...so tour pros and their entouragea have that logistical issue to figure out. Then you add the "unique" links layout and that adds another issue because who wants to play a links course in prep for a major that will be nothing like it...?

I think TF has a place....but they need to move the event's date.

Perhaps we'll see some events make swaps...? I think the Tour is doing the right thing -- major event every month from March - July, end before NFL gets rolling -- but jow some local events may suffer.

Back