2018-19 PGA Tour Schedule

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Dhvi8CcWsAAX3sb.jpg:large

Too many events, should wipe out October-November as no one is watching those anyways.

I hate to see Colonial and the Byron Nelson, as well as San Antonio and Austin, so split up.

Gotta tell ya from a fan's perspective I like some of the changes especially with the PGA in May, but as a volunteer of the Tour Championship I am not real thrilled to see the event at that time frame in August. I completely understand the move, but Atlanta in August is brutal heat wise. I have concerns for the safety of the spectators as well as the volunteers. The PGA was held at the Atlanta Athletic Club in August one year and it was brutal. They had a lot of people pass out from heat related issues. My time as a volunteer for the Tour Championship may be coming to an end after this year which would end after 11 years.

Valspar gonna take a pretty big hit there. Right after the players and before the match play.

• Admin
Valspar gonna take a pretty big hit there. Right after the players and before the match play.

I was just thinking that. THey finally make traction the last few years with some big names and then bam, let's make sure that goes away.

Gotta tell ya from a fan's perspective I like some of the changes especially with the PGA in May, but as a volunteer of the Tour Championship I am not real thrilled to see the event at that time frame in August. I completely understand the move, but Atlanta in August is brutal heat wise. I have concerns for the safety of the spectators as well as the volunteers. The PGA was held at the Atlanta Athletic Club in August one year and it was brutal. They had a lot of people pass out from heat related issues. My time as a volunteer for the Tour Championship may be coming to an end after this year which would end after 11 years.

Same with Memphis. It’s hot in June, it’s savage in late July.

Frustrating to see the Boston event off the schedule. I know it is going to be every other year, but it’s always a well attended event at a course he players speak highly of.

I’d almost rather see them move a non playoff event there and have it yearly than the every other year arrangement with the Northern Trust. It’s a hike to attend anything else, and it’s a major metro area.

I was just thinking that. THey finally make traction the last few years with some big names and then bam, let's make sure that goes away.

And with a sponsor who had really been committed the past several years. Man, that’s not gonna end well

Is the playoff in Boston gone? I must have missed that one

Canadian Open moving from its current deathslot after The Open to the week before the US Open is a good thing.

I heard that beyond 2019 the RCGA is going to attempt to keep it in the same timezone as the US Open

Is the playoff in Boston gone? I must have missed that one

Alternating with NY/NJ for the Northern Trust starting in 2020.

The Players in the middle of the Florida swing and the PGA in May are great moves. Am I seeing the month of September entirely off? That's strange to see playoffs in ATL in August, that's gonna be brutal heat. End of June, I know where I'll be!

Some good, some bad... Guess we will see how it all plays out next year player commitment wise for some tournaments.

Yep, the headliner is going to be like Keegan Bradley and Steve Stricker

I do like the PLAYERS move back to March and I love seeing a Minneapolis area (Blaine) event on the schedule although the timing of that will interfere with another event I play in every year, but it's still great seeing the Tour so close. I am still not a fan of the wrap-around though, they could ditch all the events after the playoffs and before the Sentry Tournament of Champions as far as I'm concerned.

Great to see the tour making regular stops in the upper Midwest. We have so many golfers it makes sense to have more than the John Deere, a Chicago event, and the occasional major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the placement of the WGC Mexico is much better and in a spot that makes sense again.

Check this stretch out though....

Torrey Pines
Scottsdale
Pebble
Riveira
Mexico
PGA National
Bay Hill
Sawgrass

I think that is going to cause some scheduling problems for the big players. Let's just say Tiger is in the top 50 at that point. He'll likely play Torrey, Riviera(his foundation tourney), then would have Mexico, Honda, Arnie, and Players in 4 straight weeks. That's pretty crazy.

Similar situation for the new Byron Nelson at Trinity Forest event ...and being moved to the week before the PGA Championship. I can see the field being even weaker next year at a course they are hoping to leverage for a future major. Good luck with that plan....

the placement of the WGC Mexico is much better and in a spot that makes sense again.

Check this stretch out though....

Torrey Pines
Scottsdale
Pebble
Riveira
Mexico
PGA National
Bay Hill
Sawgrass

I think that is going to cause some scheduling problems for the big players. Let's just say Tiger is in the top 50 at that point. He'll likely play Torrey, Riviera(his foundation tourney), then would have Mexico, Honda, Arnie, and Players in 4 straight weeks. That's pretty crazy.
That's some great early season hype. And then less than a month after this stretch is the Masters and a major every month through July, then playoffs in August. I think it's overall well done. Some of the fields may suffer as a result of changes but others may see better turnouts due to this.

They need to swap the Nelson and the Colonial. Why would you play a links style course the week before the PGA at Bethpage? Field was so so weak this year and is gonna be even worse I think next year for the Nelson. Also think the Colonial being the week after a major could really hurt their field. Got a great sponsor this year so I'll take it.

Great to see 3M and John Deere are back-to-back.

I wasn't a fan of the wrap around season went it first launched. However, I probably watched golf more than pro football last Fall.

I know it's not a PGA sanctioned event, but where is Tiger's Tourney in the Bahamas going to fit in?

I know it's not a PGA sanctioned event, but where is Tiger's Tourney in the Bahamas going to fit in?

End of Nov or Early December

EDIT: Dates for this year are Nov 26, 2018 – Dec 2, 2018

I like how they moved the Players to March. It finally gives me a chance to visit the event as it always fell on Mothers day weekend.

Back