Been almost ten years, but finally found a TM driver that will make it in the bag.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I have played Ping , Adams, Titleist , Callaway over the past 10 years but not TM since the Burner TP (07) have i played a Taylormade driver.

That changed as i have narrowed it down to the 2016 TM M2 with 5.5 black Hazrdus as my gamer, and the Mizuno JPX 900 569 EVO II as a back up.

07 burner was the TRUTH my favorite TM driver ever. I think I played the superfast 2.0 and then nothing else TM driver wise since.

07 burner was the TRUTH my favorite TM driver ever. I think I played the superfast 2.0 and then nothing else TM driver wise since.

it's crazy that Burner TP 07 still listed over $120.00 in some places, was one of the longest, and most accurate drivers i ever hit, but it was also during a time i committed myself to golf 100%. I could count on it for a 270-280 baby fade.

it's crazy that Burner TP 07 still listed over $120.00 in some places, was one of the longest, and most accurate drivers i ever hit, but it was also during a time i committed myself to golf 100%. I could count on it for a 270-280 baby fade.

The 3w burner tp is just as sought after. It was so, so good

The 3w burner tp is just as sought after. It was so, so good

I still have my 07 TP Burner actually, but the shaft in it is a little beyond me at the moment (ACCRA - AXIV XT 60 X-Stiff)

I still have my 07 TP Burner actually, but the shaft in it is a little beyond me at the moment (ACCRA - AXIV XT 60 X-Stiff)

Put that on eBay and watch the price just go

Are they really worth that much? I retired mine last year for the 2016 M2. It came with the UST V2 shaft. Man, I loved that thing, always hit it well.

What does the TP stand for?

Are they really worth that much? I retired mine last year for the 2016 M2. It came with the UST V2 shaft. Man, I loved that thing, always hit it well.

What does the TP stand for?

TP = Tour preferred

Ahh, ok. Mine is not the TP then.

TP had a little more square to slightly open face i believe than the regular Burner, been a long time since i put them side by side.

TP had a little more square to slightly open face i believe than the regular Burner, been a long time since i put them side by side.

I still loved that thing. And it looked awesome with the Proforce V2 shaft. I was going to give it to a friend who is getting started in golf and bought a crappy boxed set of Top Flight clubs. I figured that even at 10+ years old, it's better than what he has now.

My 2007 Burner TP with a GDI Pershing S is a keeper.

Back