2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Haha zing!

You've seen my drives JB, #FLproof #rollfordays #linedrives

This time of year in Alabama, don't expect much roll. Damp fairways, soft greens.

This time of year in Alabama, don't expect much roll. Damp fairways, soft greens.

Time to perfect the worm burner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to play here tomorrow. Might not be successful with this deluge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to play here tomorrow. Might not be successful with this deluge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! I'm getting out on Sunday (I hope) for some work.

Official prep for me begins tomorrow. Gonna be a mudder and we are all walking. Man it feels good to have something to prep for!

JM

Last few years haven't been to damp till late March, the lake course is fairly receptive usually but the links course..........

on on a good day will test your religion.

also the links course is scheduled for arrification the day after the event so the greens may be a tad firmer than usual.

Planning to get out for a quick round tomorrow, prep begins.

Headed to the course in the AM for a little father/son match against one of my buddies and his dad. Working on mental toughness and proper shot selection

Strengths -- Wedge and short game.
Weakness -- Anything off the tee... Eeeek! So inconsistent.
You can get that tee swing straightened-out. Kickoff Classic motivation!

You can get that tee swing straightened-out. Kickoff Classic motivation!
Spent a good 40 balls on it today. I'm getting there.... But it's going to take range time.

Hoping to get out today and at minimum hit range balls. If I'm lucky I'll find a course down here in Milwaukee and play a quick 9 before more Christmas festivities.

Heading to the gym to get a workout in and then heading to the range for some work.

Checking in for the #WoolWarriors

Strengths
Short game/putting - I always say that your short game gets good when you miss greens and I've missed a lot of greens! I'm confident on the greens as well and as long as I follow through with my putting stroke, I'll be good.

Awkward shots - I can get out from behind a tree, hit a shot lefthanded/backhanded, have a funky stance, etc. I won't try the hero shot unless my partner needs or wants me to though.

THP while cart driving - I can post on the course!

Weakness
Greenside bunker play - I used to be completely comfortable in the bunkers by the green and now my confidence really comes and goes. We were Wedgeucated by RFC and I need to spend more time practicing and keeping my swing speed up through the entire shot (unless I'm intentionally trying to bury the club head in the sand).

Appearing to have fun - Sometimes I really have to focus so it doesn't look like I'm having fun, but don't worry, I am!

Match play
I haven't played in too many events (2 individual and 1 better ball at the club and TheGauntlet 2015) so it's still fairly new to me. I've reduced the number of blow-up holes so I can stay in more holes and not desert my partner and once that hole is over, it's over! Match play means never having to say you're sorry..we each get one 'sorry' and then we're done with that! I've played better ball and shamble formats before, but haven't played alternate shot or Pinehurst.

Heading out to walk 18 this afternoon. Gotta love 80 degrees in December!

Heading out to walk 18 this afternoon. Gotta love 80 degrees in December!

I'd need waders to play today after 8 inches of rain over the past 2 days. Hoping to start practicing next week.

Definitely could have used some fine kentwool products for my round today,
A little brisk but a nice day to walk 18.

Worked on some putting yesterday, carried over to the round today, only 30 putts, would have been 29 if not for a 3putt on 16.

Played 18 today in shorts, great weather. Had one bird and one 3 putt. Missed 2 other real bird opportunities, I did have 2 doubles in there too. Was helping out a nephew with his game which gave me opportunities to talk about and then demonstrate how to execute different shots. It was a good round to begin thinking about adapting to team play.

Played 18 today in shorts, great weather. Had one bird and one 3 putt. Missed 2 other real bird opportunities, I did have 2 doubles in there too. Was helping out a nephew with his game which gave me opportunities to talk about and then demonstrate how to execute different shots. It was a good round to begin thinking about adapting to team play.

Sounds like you got some good quality work in on the course today. Being able to communicate with someone during your round is key in team match play.

Well done.

2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Another average round for me today but better than the last few. Still really struggling with ball striking but hit more solid shots than my last 3 rounds. Short game is still keeping me in rounds. 44-42 with a few mistakes, could've easily been 83. If I get some more iron practice it should be closer to 80. Positive vibes going forward after a pretty bad last month for my game.

I've also never tried or worn anything from Kentwool, very much looking forward to it

Thought I was wasting the fantastic weather the way the round began. Was fortunate to be only 4 over through 8 holes with only 1 FIR and 2 GIR to that point. Birdied #18 (my 9th hole) and played much better on the front 9. Ended up with 39 - 37 - 76. 50% in both FIR and GIR. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

Putting the ball in the fairway off the tee is a definite area of opportunity right now. 3 of 7 missed fairways were on 200 yard shots off the tee on shorter par 4's to try to set up easy approachs. Spraying those did not set up easy approaches!

Thought I was wasting the fantastic weather the way the round began. Was fortunate to be only 4 over through 8 holes with only 1 FIR and 2 GIR to that point. Birdied #18 (my 9th hole) and played much better on the front 9. Ended up with 39 - 37 - 76. 50% in both FIR and GIR. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

Putting the ball in the fairway off the tee is a definite area of opportunity right now. 3 of 7 missed fairways were on 200 yard shots off the tee on shorter par 4's to try to set up easy approachs. Spraying those did not set up easy approaches!
wildly inconsistently consistent I call you Scott lol. I've seen you play "great" and shoot 74 and "lousy" and shoot 78

Back