The Chipotle for Hackers thread!

They're saying the Boston outbreak is norovirus, not e-coli, but I'm still not going near the place for a little while. No thanks.

i love me some Chipotle, but probably won't have any for a while

Not going to lie, my wife wanted to eat there while shopping over Thanksgiving weekend. My response was "no, I'd rather not get sick." Sucks for them, but they really need to just take control of the situation and put an end to it. People would forget about it in a couple months, but not if there's a new outbreak in a different state every month.

~Rock

I have to pick some things up at UPS at lunch today. Right next door to Chipotle. I just don't know if I can talk myself into eating there today though.

d18b466321070345765e9b38d9569031.jpg

This was Chipotle last night at dinner time. It's usually packed.

had it a few nights ago, place was empty for the first time ever, didnt have to wait 20 minutes.

I aint scared of no e-coli

had it a few nights ago, place was empty for the first time ever, didnt have to wait 20 minutes.

I aint scared of no e-coli

The Lakewood one was still a 30 minute wait. Apparently people there either don't care or don't watch the news much.

d18b466321070345765e9b38d9569031.jpg

This was Chipotle last night at dinner time. It's usually packed.
I posted this elsewhere, but not in here. On Monday in NYC, I must have walked by a dozen or so Chipotles. Ones in the past that would have lines out the door. And they were all pretty much empty.

I'm taking a break from Chipotle after this news. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't.

Sadly, next best option near the new house is Hothead Burrito which is mediocre at best... or Taco Bell, but I think the main ingredient to those tacos is ecoli.

Think I'll tempt fate today and see if the "E" has made it's way down south yet?!

Think I'll tempt fate today and see if the "E" has made it's way down south yet?!
The burritos are so big in Texas it just dilutes the e coli to acceptable levels... or something like that.

I haven't had Chipotle since the "E" breakout - want to wait for it to blow over....

Just had a carnitas burrito bowl. Yummo!!

I'm taking a break from Chipotle after this news. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't.

Sadly, next best option near the new house is Hothead Burrito which is mediocre at best... or Taco Bell, but I think the main ingredient to those tacos is ecoli.
I figured we'd be having Chipotle this weekend.

I don't think I can do it. We've got decent alternatives.

Every man dies Daniel. Not every man really lives.

I had chipotle three days ago, feel just fine.

Every man dies Daniel. Not every man really lives.

I had chipotle three days ago, feel just fine.

I had it late last week, and got a text from JRod saying "RIP"

What a jerk.

I forgot about the whole thing and had it 2 days ago. If you don't hear from me after a week, I had a good run.

I had it late last week, and got a text from JRod saying "RIP"

What a jerk.

Wow, he doesn't mess around. I think you'll be fine, especially if you focus on the stuff that gets cooked. Like steak. Just ask for steak.

Wow, he doesn't mess around. I think you'll be fine, especially if you focus on the stuff that gets cooked. Like steak. Just ask for steak.
Steak burrito. No veggies. Call it a night.

Haha, I am going to ask for a chicken burrito, with only chicken... And I want to watch them cook it. Done deal.

Haha, I am going to ask for a chicken burrito, with only chicken... And I want to watch them cook it. Done deal.

Seems we just solved the entire problem. Don't ask for foo foo vegetables, just ask for meat that you watch them cook. Brilliant!

I had a sofritas burrito tonight. I like to live on the edge and not waiting was great.

Back