What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work

44/42 with a triple to open on a par 5 and three doubles scattered in for good measure. Hit some really nice shots but need to minimize the blow ups. Won a greenie though!

JM

88 (45/43) with an out of nowhere 9 on the par 5 fourth hole.

39 -37 -76. Quite good cold weather round for me. Everything came in bunches today. Had bogey streaks of 3 and 4 holes and no other bogeys and birdied 3 straight holes and had no other birdies. If I could shoot 76's from now until it gets above 80 degrees again, I would be thrilled!

94. 3 penalties and at least 3 skulls equals high number. :at-wits-end:

42-44 - 86 today. A little chilly when we started - 38*. Thank god I lived in Wisconsin for 25 years!

40° and gusting 20 knots, sounds like small craft advisory to me! not bad golf weather though. managed to sneak in the front nine today and shot a 39, which is great for me. had my first legitimate eagle today on a par 5, 490 yards.

47/49 for a 96. Two in the water and four 3 puts. Was a cool 54 degree day but nice when out of the wind.

Played this morning @ 37* shot 39 with 2 birdies

played yesterday. 51/43. (par is 34/37 for my course) Awful performance on the front. Couldn't get the short game working at all. Putting was atrocious. It's rare I do worse than double bogey any more but had 2 serious blowup holes on the front. Got it together a bit better on the back. Putting was still iffy but better. 8 FIRs and only 2 GIRs all day. 35 putts. (a bunch of up & downs on the back 9) Could not hit my hybrids at all. Way too quick off the backswing and topped every single hybrid shot I took except 1.

Had a good time. My group wimped out for the cold and christmas shopping so I joined a foursome that was short 1. Nice guys. The weather turned out great. We had a 30 min frost delay but it warmed up, the wind layed down, and it was sunny. A beautiful day to walk/play and meet some new folks.

Much better putting today with 3 birdies for a 40 /39 on a fairly short 6,000 yd. par 70 course

43/40-83 at tobacco road on a day where I had 38 putts so very pleased with everything else

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Played 18 with LSMO this morning. Was right with him on the front, but the 10th hole hurt me. Shot 41/43-84. Two birdies. Drove the hell out of it with the Long Bertha.

Played 2 ball Ambrose with my Dad for our clubs Christmas breakup. Had a handicap of 10, shot 2 under the card, net 59 for the day. Enough for a box of balls. Missed out on the win by two shots. Left 3 out there from what we could tell. Pretty good day actually.

What. A. Day.

And what could have been. Dangit!

Southern Hills, Hawkinsville, GA

So, I started with a double on #1. Finished the front with a 43, about average.
The back though. It must have been the chicken salad sandwich I had at the turn.
I went on a freaking run, with some of the best shots I've hit all year, on the back today.
I shot a 39 with TWO double bogeys. #Boom

The highlights?
I had two Eagle putts on the back nine.
I drove a par four with my 4W (cut a corner over some trees-stuck right in the center of the green).
Bogeyed a tough par 4 that I first hit into water off the tee, then had to get out of a greenside bunker (knocked it to like a foot).
I shot an 82 without once touching my driver, used 4W to tee off all day.
And I got to hang out with a couple good dudes on a beautiful day right before Christmas.

Probably one more round to go to end the year. Hope this holds up for that round.

40/38 for a 78 today. Temperature was around 50 degrees but the wind made it feel otherwise. Still it felt great to be out there and was pretty pleased with my ball striking.

Played 18 with LSMO this morning. Was right with him on the front, but the 10th hole hurt me. Shot 41/43-84. Two birdies. Drove the hell out of it with the Long Bertha.

Went double/double start but ended with a 79 amd with the temp and wind I am alright with that.

And you extended your rounds with a birdie streak!

I got two today, which is awesome for me!

37 - 39 - 76. 1 birdie and nothing above bogey. Started out playing really well going 1 under through 7. Started slipping on 8 and ended up with bogey on 8, 9 and 10. Played OK the rest of the way in.

This was my 100th round posted this year.

Last edited:
Played Grand Coral in the Mayan Riviera and shot 79.

57 for nine in a balmy 36 degrees with a pretty stiff wind. First time I have played with winter gloves on, so I won't beat myself up about the score.

I played nine and for the first time, holed out on every hole. I didn't have to give up because I was over the stroke limit. I did card a couple of bogeys and a couple of double bogeys. I still hit the hole limit on a few, but was able to putt those in for the legitimate number of strokes. Only lost one ball in the water. I'm happy!

I played nine and for the first time, holed out on every hole. I didn't have to give up because I was over the stroke limit. I did card a couple of bogeys and a couple of double bogeys. I still hit the hole limit on a few, but was able to putt those in for the legitimate number of strokes. Only lost one ball in the water. I'm happy!

Stroke limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back