DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire ne t week looks great. I'm sure we'll be very busy. I plan on at least hitting some balls or putting a bit this week.

Have you been on the course yet Rob? If so - is it any better than it has been in the past?

For those interested, it's Customer Appreciation Week at all 4 Prince William County Golf Courses

Monday thru Sunday, Dec 7th - 13th

$25 - Forest Greens
$20 - Prince William
$15 - Generals Ridge
$5 - Lake Ridge

Any interest, I will send you the email.

Played with some buds at River Marsh on Saturday. I am happy to report that for the second time in a row now, I have put my tee shot on the green at the 17th hole and parred it. Don't know how long that will last, but it feels good right now. Also, I just got an e-mail from my old club, Hunters Oak. It seems that this Sunday, they are having a 2 man scramble tournament. Not having been there for over a year or more now, I'm not sure if I want to potentially waste a nice day there. I'm sure it ain't what it use to be. But I will go if my buds want to because we have a good time no matter where we may be or what its like.

Played with some buds at River Marsh on Saturday. I port that for the second time in a row now, I have put my tee shot on the green at the 17th hole and parred it. Don't know how long that will last, but it feels good right now. Also, I just got an e-mail from my old club, Hunters Oak. It seems that this Sunday, they are having a 2 man scramble tournament. Not having been there for over a year or more now, I'm not sure if I want to potentially waste a nice day there. I'm sure it ain't what it use to be. But I will go if my buds want to because we have a good time no matter where we may be or what its like.

River marsh. What a nice place to play and hang out. Very special place for me since I had a wedding there this year. Reconize my avatar picture? Haha. I stayed there last weekend but could not play due to its weather. 17th hole is most memorable. Hope you had a great time.

River marsh. What a nice place to play and hang out. Very special place for me since I had a wedding there this year. Reconize my avatar picture? Haha. I stayed there last weekend but could not play due to its weather. 17th hole is most memorable. Hope you had a great time.

My buds and I play the River Marsh quite often. However, its mostly on a weekday during the summer. One of my buds is a member and the others and I purchase the player cards they offer.

Let me ask if I may, where about in Maryland do you reside. When the weather breaks perhaps we can enjoy a few rounds together.

Every time I go thru Annapolis, I yell at the wife "hey I wanna go play that course over there!" "Are you taking me when you go?" Uhhhh ... maybe

Thanks for kind of word. I live around towson area which is little more than hour away. I usually get a room there 3-4 times a year and buy unlimited golf package. Just need to get away from work once a while. Yes, I would love to join you sometime in future. My wife will thank you for that. Have a good one.

Thanks for kind of word. I live around towson area which is little more than hour away. I usually get a room there 3-4 times a year and buy unlimited golf package. Just need to get away from work once a while. Yes, I would love to join you sometime in future. My wife will thank you for that. Have a good one.

Thanks for the follow up. Let's make sure to play. Plus I'm sure many of our fellow local THP buds would like to join us. Every time I've been to a local outing it has been a blast. While I would like to help you any way I can, I do try not to get in the middle of domestic situations. :).

Have you been on the course yet Rob? If so - is it any better than it has been in the past?
Yes and Yes.

Many in this thread know it's one of my favorite resorts in the Mid Atlantic. We spent our 20th anniversary there in June. Would be funny if it was your wedding weekend.

Thanks for the follow up. Let's make sure to play. Plus I'm sure many of our fellow local THP buds would like to join us. Every time I've been to a local outing it has been a blast. While I would like to help you any way I can, I do try not to get in the middle of domestic situations. :).

Looking foward to it. I am new to this site so that would be awesome. Thank you.

Yes and Yes.

Many in this thread know it's one of my favorite resorts in the Mid Atlantic. We spent our 20th anniversary there in June. Would be funny if it was your wedding weekend.

That sounds really good. It is my go to place every year. I had my wedding in April. I cant imagine get a room in June. That place is pretty much packed during the summer.

I live in Bel Air, but get to Towson often. I play with a group of guys every week, always welcome to join us. We are playing White Clay Creek in Delaware this week - great course - tough! PM me any time.

Lets make a tee time buddy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I got dispensation for a Sunday round. Would have to be late morning or noonish.

I got dispensation for a Sunday round. Would have to be late morning or noonish.
Let's look into a tee time. Goose? Or Blue Ridge area? Rock Harbor?

Let's look into a tee time. Goose? Or Blue Ridge area? Rock Harbor?

How do you feel about Lansdowne? Still working out the particulars.

If it doesn't work I'm good with either Goose or Rock. Raspberry is always a possibility too.

How do you feel about Lansdowne? Still working out the particulars.

If it doesn't work I'm good with either Goose or Rock. Raspberry is always a possibility too.
Didn't think you were allowed to play Lansdowne unless you were staying there? For some reason I remember that happening to me once. Yes? No?

Didn't think you were allowed to play Lansdowne unless you were staying there? For some reason I remember that happening to me once. Yes? No?

That may be the case for the newer Greg Norman course, but I believe the original course by RTJ is open to the public. Well at least it was about 88 years ago when I last played there :)

It's been a little bit, but I've played there before without staying there. Don't know if it's changed recently or not.

And I might be down for playing Sunday (and/or Friday too).

The wife bought a donated package from the resort at a benefit auction. She's looking into if it can be split so we don't have to use it on the same day. I assume they'll tell her what course(s) are included.

That may be the case for the newer Greg Norman course, but I believe the original course by RTJ is open to the public. Well at least it was about 88 years ago when I last played there :)
Wow ... still swinging the club at your age!? Impressive! Mind you, your ball is looking up at mine all the time though! LOL

Unusual Dec. weather in Maryland. Expect mid 60s till Sunday. Never gonna have off season. Lol. I love it.

The weather forecast is looking very good for the weekend fellas!

Where do you guys playing this week? I probably play at Maryland national and fox hollow.

Where do you guys playing this week? I probably play at Maryland national and fox hollow.
JohnSinVA, myself and possibly G$$$ may be playing at Lansdowne if things work out. Definitely playing somewhere on Sunday though

JohnSinVA, myself and possibly G$$$ may be playing at Lansdowne if things work out. Definitely playing somewhere on Sunday though

I played there last Fall and it was amazing! A little windy and chilly but the course was still in fantastic shape... I hope it works out for you guys

Its been 6-7 years since I played there. Manager was/is a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back