Adding weight to Odyssey Tank 7

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
I bought a Tank 7 a couple months ago and really like it. I did no research before buying it, I just liked it and took it home. It has two plugs in the sole and one in the end of the Superstroke grip. I have heard you can add weight to these ports to change the swing weight. I am happy with the way it feels like it is but I like to tinker with everything so why would this be any different.

I have searched the Odyssey website and cannot find any info or weights available. Does anyone know an online resourse with some guidlines to customizing this putter?

Thanks

SuperStroke CounterCore is a stock 50g weight, replace this with the plastic dummy plug and it will SW 10 points heavier

Odd that you should ask about this as I have ahd two recent experiences with this same putter.

I had a rattle, probably a loose piece of epoxy that had broken off and I wanted to get it out of the shaft. So I removed the end plug to, surprisingly find there was no weight installed. I had bought it new from PGASS and if there was supposed to be a weight kit that came with it they didn't give me one. I don't know how you can advertise the putter as being counter-balanced with no weight installed or somehow provided.

Then, I had ordered a couple of dozen Chrome Soft direct from Callaway. A box was delivered by UPS that seemed too small and light to be the balls. When I opened it the packing slip said two dozen Chrome Soft but what was inside was the weight kit for the sole of the putters. I did contact Customer Service and they re-shipped the balls and told me to keep the weight kit. The kit contained a nice tool and a set of 10g and a set of 20g weights. I don't know what the standard weights are as when I took those out and looked at them they were not marked.

I do have several different Balance-Certified weights I used to use in my clubs in the past that I can insert and fool around with for the counterbalance effect and now I have the alternate weights, though by accident, for the sole. I would suggest calling Callaway Customer Service to inquire about weight kits for both ends of the putter.

I bought mine from GG, was it supposed to come with a weight kit?

You can find the Odyssey Tank Cruiser weight kits on eBay. If the putter has the Odyssey blue and silver grip and a small diameter weight with either 15 or 30 written on it, the SS weights won't work. The kits have zero, 15 and 30 gram weights available. Make sure there are matching same-sized weights. There are kits for 2-balls that only need one weight. I just sold one on eBay last week.

Back