PXG 0811 Driver - unofficial review

I can get down with that. Spent a good portion of time on their site during the day yesterday.

Real nice.

Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Kang. I knew you'd come through hahaha

Oh Kang. I knew you'd come through hahaha

It seems to be the general consensus... I have no idea what that's about lol. Clubs are almost done being built and will be shipped express monday!

Interested to hear your thoughts on this one Kang. Not a huge fan of the look of all the screws but hey if it performs!

Building has finished. Went with matrix speedrulz c type 60x instead of hzrdus and built to 45" instead. 45.25 would have been d6.5 swing weight. Express mail should have this in my hands latest tuesday!

Building has finished. Went with matrix speedrulz c type 60x instead of hzrdus and built to 45" instead. 45.25 would have been d6.5 swing weight. Express mail should have this in my hands latest tuesday!

I can't wait to see it my man!

In hand pix in first post

At first glance, this head is a bit shallower than what I expected. Headshape very similar to 915d2 IMO. I sure hope it doesn't sound the same... lol. A driver of this design is usually forgiving with a bit higher spin profile than what I normally game. Will definitely be interesting to see how the weights on the sole work. How many screws need moved before seeing flight changes? Will be fun for sure

At first glance, this head is a bit shallower than what I expected. Headshape very similar to 915d2 IMO. I sure hope it doesn't sound the same... lol. A driver of this design is usually forgiving with a bit higher spin profile than what I normally game. Will definitely be interesting to see how the weights on the sole work. How many screws need moved before seeing flight changes? Will be fun for sure

Have you looked at the info on the pxg website that shows what screws go where for high, low, left, right ball flights?

Have you looked at the info on the pxg website that shows what screws go where for high, low, left, right ball flights?
I tried tinkering with the weights and got results all over the place... put them back the way they were lol. Just like any adjustable driver, get fit and forget it would be my recommendation, especially with this one. Dealing with all the little screws are a bit of a pain.

Here are the first 4 swings with this club. Last one a massive hooded hook lol. Set to 9.75, launched pretty high with a peak height of ~50yds... way high
cfa5319fe11233256f7608deae329b2a.jpg
ef44c0e38491445ee9f8d01f55f5c11a.jpg

The shaft installed currently is matrix speedrulz c type 60x. More than likely my swing is main culprit for the peak height. Heel side miss was punished big time, seeing upwards of 10mph ballspeed loss. The flight as expected was a spinny fade but not as much as I expectes. Toe side retained ballspeed better but saw much more offline to the left. Being a bit shallower face I had to remind myself to tee it down a bit. High fave misses soared high and saw about 20yds distance loss. I will keep messing with it but for now, it won't make it in the bag. I'd like to install px hzrdus black to bring down the flight a bit

Holy launch Batman!
The spin seems very reasonable considering the massive height.

Holy launch Batman!
The spin seems very reasonable considering the massive height.
Definitely lower spinning than I expected. Just not sure where I'm getting 44yds+ peak height from. Based on the numbers I saw today (if they can be trusted) nothing too seriously wrong jumps at me. Although the same sim registered 120 yd 52 wedge with 4100 spin.... yeah. I'll see the result on course lol

With that launch and spin your going to be a beast in the altitude in Colorado. Should be good to follow this, have fun. The shape reminds me of the I-25.

I like the way it looks at address. Just don't turn the club over. :)

I tried tinkering with the weights and got results all over the place... put them back the way they were lol. Just like any adjustable driver, get fit and forget it would be my recommendation, especially with this one. Dealing with all the little screws are a bit of a pain.

I would agree. Lots of screws to mess with

Peak height...pffff.

Daaaaaaang, Kang!!! That's HIGH, like a lot of folks in Colorado!!!! Sheesh! Hopefully you'll see a little lower flight on-course.

Those are some good numbers for a average launch angle you were putting up there. Maybe a lower flight shaft would be the ticket as those spin numbers are already pretty perfect.

Hey now, look who's playing this driver:

12733458_10153159753756353_147743812333813345_n.jpg

#Baller!

Back