Trevor Immelman playing well

WilsonStaffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone else find themselves pulling for Trevor Immelman? I can’t remember the last time I heard his name near the top of the leaderboard. As much as I want Rickie to win I find myself pulling for Trevor to pull it out and get to play next week in the open.

I agree, he seems like a decent sort and sure why not if he can get in The Open maybe he can find lightning in a bottle and pull off another miracle.

I agree would be nice to see him get a good finish and maybe play some more events. I know his eligibility is going to end this year after his 2008 Masters win.

I agree would be nice to see him get a good finish and maybe play some more events. I know his eligibility is going to end this year after his 2008 Masters win.

Hopefully he can put a round together tomorrow and pull it out.

Brilliant interview after yesterday's round as well. A couple of scruffy par3's slowed him down and he said "Well, it was just a lack of talent on those par 3's. You had to hit big fades to fight the wind, and I just didn't think I had that in the bag."

A Masters champion talking about lack of talent frightening him off of shots, and meaning it - you've got to love it.

Every so often, these boys forget the media facade and say what they think, and it's brilliant. Robert Rock got asked about how much playing in the Open would mean, and he said "well, I'm going as a coach anyway, but it'd be nice to take my own spanners". Spanners ftw. :good:

Back