Contest: Ask Budget Golf

I’d love to know which brands hold their value the longest outside of custom/vault stuff. My assumption is Ping first, then anything the has a two year cycle vs one.

Follow up is what typically is the timeline of price decline, is there a typical cliff?

If you were starting Budget Golf today, is there anything you would do different on the start up?

How do you decide what new stock to carry? Is it based on previous sales on the company's old stock or more on product innovation?

When you have an employee who comes up with an idea to do something different or better do you try to implement it or reward them in some way?

Thanks for the contest THP and Budget Golf. :clapp:

Being left handed do you have any future plans of making a lefties only club section? I have seen similar online retailers do this and it makes it much easier when searching for clubs.

What are the most common product ordered on a daily basis? Is there a certain brand you sell more than any others?

How do you decide what brands to carry?

Any thoughts of opening a Canadian branch?
Minimal competition and the market is begging for another option.

What’s the worst selling item you’ve ever had at budget golf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If some of the customization ideas presented here come to fruition, might Budget Golf then enter into agreements with independent non retail fitters in various markets? I'm thinking some kind of agreement where these fitters ultimately acquire the fitted clubs from Budget Golf. Fitter sells the fitting, BG sells the merchandise, customer acquires a great fitting set at a reasonable cost from the kind of company they'd prefer to support. Win/Win/Win. Do agreements like this exist now or are they even plausible given your retail strategy?

Using my phone just now, I tried to visit the Budget golf website and got a message from norton saying it is a malicious website. Why is that?

Maybe its just my phone...who knows. Not trying to be an ass with that question.

Last edited:
Which normally stocked item has the best profit margin?

What has or can be done about the offering of items that come straight from the manufacturer and how that causes some shipping issues? I dont necessarily know if issues is the right word but wrong impression is probably a better way to put it

Which product did they over or under estimate sales on? Whether they ran out of inventory or still have some laying around and didn't expect to.

Do you have a rough timeline when you may have the SuperStroke CounterCore Slim 3.0 Putter Grips back in stock?

What is their best seller in each category?

Which state do they ship to most often?

If you could choose anyone in the world to become the"face"of budget golf and appear in all your online, television, and print ads, who would it be?

Would you chose a professional golfer, actor/actress, or just a regular person and see if he gains cult status like "Mikey" from the old Life cereal commercials?

Will you start selling and buying back used clubs?

What is the plan for the sweep next year?

I’m light of the past pivot in business model and knowing what you know now, are there any plans to expand into additional physical locations or business types, e.g. club building and high value customs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do manufacturers have buy back programs with online retailers? If not, how do you manage your inventory so that you're not left with a lot of outdated equipment?

How did you guys end up hooking up with THP and who's awesome idea was it to have the sweep? I used to love to watch Supermarket Sweep on TV when I was younger, was this the inspiration for the event? Thanks!

Do you have any plans to carry club building supplies? Such as shafts, adaptors, ferrules, etc.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

In a crowded golf marketplace what are some of the ways they have found to differentiate themselves from the online competition?

Back