Best road trip food

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Easy question, what's the best road trip food food?

My wife is in the Red Vine camp. I don't have one that stands out, probably Reese's Pieces or Wheat Thins for me.

Combos for me! Pepperoni/pretzel is the go to.

Good beef and turkey jerky from the case, no bagged stuff. Combos have already been mentioned and I agree.

For my family and friends a big bag of trail mix. Funny, we travel a lot and get all kinds of travel foods for the car (chips, Doritos, etc.), and it seems to always work out the same. The trail mix is gone before anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches

Cashews on the savory side and Now & Laters for the sweet

a box of cereal, or those little single serving cereal containers that can hold milk - they fit perfectly in a cup holder AND you get variety

Gummy bears. Haribo or GTFO

Twizzlers

For snacking, always Combos.

Target has a bevy of legit trailmixes...

Years ago a vanilla soft serve ice cream cone and a black coffee was the best, now road food is limited to sunflower seeds.

Another vote for Combos & Twizzlers.

I always find myself grabbing a bag of combos at the start of a road trip.

Doritos

Sunflower seeds
Twizzlers
Snickers or payday candy bars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beef jerky.

Nuts of some kind

Those awful little chocolate gas station donuts that come in a package of six or so.

They're basically tasteless and stale but absolute road trip staples for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another vote for PB & J sandwiches. On wheat for me.

I'm very susceptible to getting tired after eating but not with PB & J. Just the right combo of protein, complex carbs and sugar for me, I guess.

Peanut butter M&M's and Peanut butter filled pretzels (but not Snyder's theirs's are terrible)

Bacon... if not bacon, sunflower seeds.

Back