Equipment you just cannot stand to see?

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
So at work a buddy of mine wanted to show me his new irons and when he pulled his bag out of his truck, the first thing i saw was a ball retriever and i instantly cringed. I have no idea why, but the thought of taking the time and slowing things up just to fish for golf balls drives me nuts. I will never tell someone how to spend their money or what to do with their own gear, but looking for golf balls is my least favorite thing about the game and especially when its in the water. Am i alone in this? Are there other things out there that make you cringe when you see it?

putters without covers. Those poor putters...

So at work a buddy of mine wanted to show me his new irons and when he pulled his bag out of his truck, the first thing i saw was a ball retriever and i instantly cringed. I have no idea why, but the thought of taking the time and slowing things up just to fish for golf balls drives me nuts. I will never tell someone how to spend their money or what to do with their own gear, but looking for golf balls is my least favorite thing about the game and especially when its in the water. Am i alone in this? Are there other things out there that make you cringe when you see it?

PXG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I group that with woods too. and thats my #3 right after iron covers lol

Absolutely. I just felt weird listing covers or lack there of as all of my cringes haha

Also, personalized staff bags when I know you aren’t a pro. ?

towels hanging out of the back pocket of fellow golfers.

Also, personalized staff bags when I know you aren’t a pro. ��

Does this count if it's a joke? I totally want to get a personalized bag with my joke racing name, Ivanna Runnimalova.

No ball marker and they use a tee instead... for some reason, that bugs me a little

I think iron headcovers make you look like a dweeb. And sadly I used them two years ago LOL

Empty golf carts and, the somewhat related, empty tee-sheets.

Nothing else bothers me that much.

When people let their club heads sit on, touch etc.....concrete or pavement. Instant cringe....

Iron covers and Irons with dirt built up into the grooves. It freaks me out when people don't clean their clubs at all during a round.

Any infomercial club!

The putter with no headcover kills me. Buddy of mine has an old ping putter he got from his grandfather. It still has the original grip on it and it is just beat to hell. Don't know why he doesn't cover it, but at the same time I have given him several headcovers and he has lost half of them on his woods.

Ball retrievers.

I cant say I get annoyed by other players equipment, except for when it's way nicer than mine lol.

Wow all the hate for ball retrievers. I have a ball retriever and I only get balls when there is no one behind me. My shag bag is full of Pro Vs and Chrome Softs. I usually play the back 9 early Sat mornings so there is no one in front or behind me. PXGs make me cringe. I don't think I'll buy them even if I have that much money to burn.

I cant say I get annoyed by other players equipment, except for when it's way nicer than mine lol.

Have no fear, the #Grandaddy is here.

Putters without covers is worthy of a huge cringe.

Does this count if it's a joke? I totally want to get a personalized bag with my joke racing name, Ivanna Runnimalova.
That would be amazing

A chipper. I don't know why but it does

I'm going with the putters without covers group. It drives me nuts. Especially when it's a nice putter. I see it all the time here, and most of the time I want to stop and offer the guy some cash to take the putter out of harms way.

To rebut several earlier comments: nice forged irons WITHOUT covers. If any dings, etc. get on my forged irons, I would rather it be from play than banging against each other unnecessarily. Also, niv\ce putters and woods without covers.

Iron Covers. And I only cringe because I find them all over the course. Seems like they never stay on and my buddies who have them constantly lose them.

Back