Contract to be an OEM Staffer

There are a couple of OEMs I'd have absolutely zero problem doing this for free with, since I could play an entire bag of some manufacturers from year-to-year with no issues. There are others where some years I like their line and others I don't.

Man no less than 5 years? thats a lifetime in the golf industry. As an amateur who still has a full time job and golfs on the side, i could do it for free. If i was playing golf for a living and dependent on the gear to perform i would want the 100k

There's no need to become a professional in this instance.

I look at it this way. I'm active on a public golf forum, I discuss equipment constantly, and play around 100 rounds of golf a year with different people. Would my advertising of said company not be worth something? You know that staff bag on a range draws eyes and questions.

There are a couple of OEMs I'd have absolutely zero problem doing this for free with, since I could play an entire bag of some manufacturers from year-to-year with no issues. There are others where some years I like their line and others I don't.

you are a tinkerer, your contract would be burned within 6 weeks lol

This is a loaded question haha but of course i would do it for free. Length of the contract would have to depend on the OEM

I'm in the same boat here, definitely for free, but length of contract would be a conversation point.

In REALITY, I'd do this for free no questions asked. However, if they were willing to offer SOME sort of monies, it would really depend on how many Brand Ambassador appearance's they would want/expect me to do for them over the 5 years. If we're talking something like 1 per year, then I'd go with the $1000. IF they wanted something like 5 or 6 per year, I think $10,000 would work. More than that would need a little more, I'd think. I'm thinking about costs for travel that I'd want to help be offset to some degree. Unless it was all local, within say a 5 hour drive window.

you are a tinkerer, your contract would be burned within 6 weeks lol

Eh - give me access to an entire company's line and the chance to swap out clubs/shafts/etc, I could absolutely get my tinkering fix.

I'd do it for free for sure, unless it was Warrior golf or something .

There's no need to become a professional in this instance.

I look at it this way. I'm active on a public golf forum, I discuss equipment constantly, and play around 100 rounds of golf a year with different people. Would my advertising of said company not be worth something? You know that staff bag on a range draws eyes and questions.
In this instance, if an OEM emailed me saying they want me to play their gear exclusively and their entire catalog will be available to me (assuming they could fill a 14 club bag) and i could pick from that catalog what goes in my bag for 5 years...I would say sign me up right meow. And then i would buy club covers for every club in the bag and secretly play my grandaddy clubs for the 5 years haha

In this instance, if an OEM emailed me saying they want me to play their gear exclusively and their entire catalog will be available to me (assuming they could fill a 14 club bag) and i could pick from that catalog what goes in my bag for 5 years...I would say sign me up right meow. And then i would buy club covers for every club in the bag and secretly play my grandaddy clubs for the 5 years haha

How very cheaty of you hahaha

Contract would be good for what, one day?

I'd do it for free for sure, unless it was Warrior golf or something .

I got a good laugh reading this, hahaha

That's a good question.

If I have to do no work, except talk about the clubs on the course? Free. I'd jump at the deal and might shove small children out of the way to get there first (Kidding I would TOTALLY jump over small children)

If I'm expected to write about the clubs online and make any kind of scheduled appearances? they're obviously covering all of my expenses and travel (I get VERY hungry for good food on the road) and some compensation. Depending on the amount of online presence I'm expected to have I think $1k over 5 years would be more than enough.

Also, I have to be able to try all the new gear (but then I am supposed to be the brand ambassador, so I have to try the new gear right?)

I'm pretty sure I'd do it for free. I'm not much of a tinkerer so I don't think it would bother me to be a five year contract, assuming what they had fit me well.

I would do it for free in a New Your Minute.

As an amature I would happily do this for free for 1 year if I'm a pro your dollar amount isn't close to my asking price of 5 million/year.

I am not privy to details but I believe $5 million is on the high end of a club contract for most PGA players.

F R E E that spells free!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would do it for free and could play the same brand for life! They would oblivious fit you for clubs and new stuff all the time and with new gear every year it would be great. Yep would totally only play that companies gear for life.

I'm pretty sure I'd do it for free. I'm not much of a tinkerer so I don't think it would bother me to be a five year contract, assuming what they had fit me well.

That's the kicker, isn't it... What may work this year could be less than ideal in 2-3 years... And at that point you're locked in for another couple.

How very cheaty of you hahaha

Contract would be good for what, one day?
haha no in all seriousness, i would do it for free. If i had the choice of the available catalog i would make it work and be honored at the opportunity. A full bag of brand new gear is right around $3,500. So after five years i would have been given around $18,000 in clubs alone, add the golf balls and shoes and what not, youre looking at close to $20,000. I would feel greedy asking for more than that.

Assuming they would supply gear? I would gladly do it for free!

I would definitely do this for free, even if it was 5 years. I think it would be awesome.

Zero dollars for me. It would be hard with not being able to experiment but with a contract in place not a problem

I would have to say...Free. If I was a professional $100000 per year wouldn't be too much to ask. Would have to cover those travel expenses.

Not trying other gear wouldn't be to difficult for me.

That's the kicker, isn't it... What may work this year could be less than ideal in 2-3 years... And at that point you're locked in for another couple.

Yeah, the five year thing definitely makes it a little more interesting. If I had a five year contract I hope the company would work with me on getting the equipment right for me. If they were just going to send me clubs in the mail a couple times per year I don't think I'd do it for free. Too much uncertainty.

In that case it would probably be in the $1-5K range for five years.

As an amateur ? Sure, I would do that for free.
Sign me up !

Back