Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

I wonder if they have another Tour ball coming or if this is replacing it?

Doesn't really matter, because IMO the FG Tour is the single greatest ball on the market.

I've played both, and I think these will please you. I'd play these over the FGTour ball. And I had huge issues with the Duo/Duo Spin.

I wonder if they have another Tour ball coming or if this is replacing it?

Doesn't really matter, because IMO the FG Tour is the single greatest ball on the market.
FG tour is sticking around.

I was hoping for a lower price point. These are squarely on my radar as I'm currently gaming the Duos. However I need more green side spin and these should fit the bill.

New ball releases take what seems forever to reach the Canadian retail shelves.

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews.

Definitely got my interest. I really enjoy the DUO and with Wards comparison to the Chrome, I'm really interested.

These sound like a solid offering and I look forward to testing them out.

Any chance you have comparisons to the E5 or 330 RXS?
The e5 was my gamer for most of 2015. The DUO-U are much softer. I see similar distances, with slightly more rollout with the e5. I can spin the DUO-U back a bit, which is not common for me with any ball.

The e5 was my gamer for most of 2015. The DUO-U are much softer. I see similar distances, with slightly more rollout with the e5. I can spin the DUO-U back a bit, which is not common for me with any ball.

Wow, you and I have similar ball flights I'm definitely going to need to check these out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A urathane duo? I need to find these.

I feel like the OG Duo was already a drop and stop option for me, so I'm interested in how much different these would be for me on approach shots, and how big of an adjustment I may…or may not have to make.

(I never even tried the Spin version because of how the OG Duo worked for me around the green).

Great addition to the already solid Duo line.

Up on the Wilson site @ $37.99. Was really hoping for that $30 - $32 range, but it's still a value compared to the other OEM tour balls.

It's a 3 piece ball.

I'm with you, wish they were a little lower ppt wise but I'll give these a chance based on what I'm hearing performance wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

These could be fun. I've spent a lot of time with the Duo and Duo spin. Preferred the duo spin around the greens but the Duo off the tee. Definitely going to try these. W/S does a great job with the tech they bring and the price points they offer them at. I would dare say one of the best in the industry. If they compare with other balls as others are stating, the price point is probably right in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the price goes, IMO it makes perfect sense. It puts them right in line with the main competition in this "type" of ball. Also, you go too low and people pass on it as inferior, sad but true.

If I can remember, I'll throw my camera in my bag and see if I can get a video or two of it in action around the green. It's really really a fun ball.

As the price goes, IMO it makes perfect sense. It puts them right in line with the main competition in this "type" of ball. Also, you go too low and people pass on it as inferior, sad but true.
And at the same time, you'll get the crowd of "I ain't paying no $30 for no Wilsons" which is a shame.

If I can remember, I'll throw my camera in my bag and see if I can get a video or two of it in action around the green. It's really really a fun ball.
It really really is. I was shocked when I tried them.

I was going to say pretty much what JMan said in regards to price, but he said it perfectly.

It's a 3 piece urathane cover ball designed to compete with the Chrome Softs and RX Series so it's priced accordingly. I think if they had gone lower, Wilson Staff would have been in danger of continuing the misconception thst it's new product releases of the last two years are not on the same level with the Callaway's and Bridgestones.

Its still reasonable I'll try them and if it works for me, I'll have no problem with that price point.

It really really is. I was shocked when I tried them.

Since you're tech smarter than me, they spin more because the ball is lower compression and therefore, I'm just getting the most out of the ball?

I was going to say pretty much what JMan said in regards to price, but he said it perfectly.

It's a 3 piece urathane cover ball designed to compete with the Chrome Softs and RX Series so it's priced accordingly. I think if they had gone lower, Wilson Staff would have been in danger of continuing the misconception thst it's new product releases of the last two years are not on the same level with the Callaway's and Bridgestones.

Its still reasonable I'll try them and if it works for me, I'll have no problem with that price point.

It's a lose lose IMO. I think most people will see that price point and think to themselves "why pay that much for a Wilson product?" " I can buy Chrome Soft for the same price". If they came in at $29.99 and marketed the hell out of it, you never know..

I've been gaming the Duo Spin since they were introduced so the Duo-U will definitely get a shot at making the bag. Personally, I think that's a reasonable price for a 3 piece ball. I just hope it's offered in yellow.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I've been gaming the Duo Spin since they were introduced so the Duo-U will definitely get a shot at making the bag. Personally, I think that's a reasonable price for a 3 piece ball. I just hope it's offered in yellow.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The lack of yellow on the website is another ding for me.

The lack of yellow on the website is another ding for me.

I'm sure that'll come shortly like a lot of other ball releases.

Chrome soft was my favorite ball before trying these. I like the DUO U better than the FG Tour and boy does it spin when well struck. It's a great ball and worth a try. The price point seems just right to me.

I really like the results in my trial pack. The people I gave some to also really liked it (very surprised with the WS products after not thinking about them in a long time).

This WILL be my gamer in 2016. If they made it in yellow, it would be my perfect ball.

Back