On your follow-through, avoid having it rebound against your back at the finish of a swing.
This doesn't sound good, what'd you do Desmond?

This doesn't sound good, what'd you do Desmond?

I discussed this with my fitter, and what I saw on video of another golfer is a hard rebound on the back and a shatter. About 10 days ago, mine went down - seems to be its Achilles Heel as to endurance, although the warranty had me in a new shaft in a few days. This shaft is so good that I don't care - I don't get to hit it 270+ several times under real conditions during one round with any other shaft, not with my lack of speed.

During the last few minutes of my son's lesson, I jumped on Trackman and worked on my follow through. No need to hit the back, although it can happen when tired and accompanied with a lack of athleticism.

I discussed this with my fitter, and what I saw on video of another golfer is a hard rebound on the back and a shatter. About 10 days ago, mine went down - seems to be its Achilles Heel as to endurance, although the warranty had me in a new shaft in a few days. This shaft is so good that I don't care - I don't get to hit it 270+ at times under real conditions with any other shaft, not with my lack of speed.

During the last few minutes of my son's lesson, I jumped on the Trackman and worked on my follow through. No need to hit the back, although it can happen when tired with a lack of athleticism.

glad to hear the warranty came through for you, but man i don't like hearing these durability issues for a product that by testimonial seems to be damn good

glad to hear the warranty came through for you, but man i don't like hearing these durability issues for a product that by testimonial seems to be damn good

They've been out for only, what, about 8 months on the market. Prototypes started early last Fall. I'm not concerned about the evolution and their success. Lively, consistent, low spin, great launch and distance - I'm in a G400/Max at 9 degrees and can launch it 14-16 degrees, mid-high with a 90-92 SS.

They've been out for only, what, about 8 months on the market. Prototypes started early last Fall. I'm not concerned about the evolution and their success. Lively, consistent, low spin, great launch and distance - I'm in a G400/Max at 9 degrees and can launch it 14-16 degrees, mid-high with a 90-92 SS.

i don't doubt the performance. but if i paid that much money for a shaft that has broken what, twice on you in 8 months, it would be a concern. again, awesome that they're doing right by the consumer and replacing the shafts that fail. and i hope they get it figure out because, again, it sounds like they perform beautifully.

i don't doubt the performance. but if i paid that much money for a shaft that has broken what, twice on you in 8 months, it would be a concern. again, awesome that they're doing right by the consumer and replacing the shafts that fail. and i hope they get it figure out because, again, it sounds like they perform beautifully.

This is the first fitted shaft that shattered and it was made about late November. During the prototype stage in early Fall, I was a guinea pig tester, told to swing as fast as possible. and they gave me some low speed shafts for 70 mph swings, and I took two of them out. They probably hit my back hard. They made changes.

I discussed this with my fitter, and what I saw on video of another golfer is a hard rebound on the back and a shatter. About 10 days ago, mine went down - seems to be its Achilles Heel as to endurance, although the warranty had me in a new shaft in a few days. This shaft is so good that I don't care - I don't get to hit it 270+ several times under real conditions during one round with any other shaft, not with my lack of speed.

During the last few minutes of my son's lesson, I jumped on Trackman and worked on my follow through. No need to hit the back, although it can happen when tired and accompanied with a lack of athleticism.
You're a beast my friend. Hahah
I've put an absolute beating on mine basically trying to wear it and break it and haven't yet. You'll get your chance next week.

You're a beast my friend. HahahI've put an absolute beating on mine basically trying to wear it and break it and haven't yet. You'll get your chance next week.

Can I hits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPT has prototype iron shafts -- even have them at +130g -- believe that project is just starting. I hit a few. He would not tell me which I'd hit, and I could not get a handle on which shaft was stiff or softer - but he laughed when I said I like this one ... and he said, that's 130g. A bit too heavy for me .... but promising in the future.

Whoa that’s crazy Desmond as you said I’m sure they’ll get worked out

Goos to hear Jman isn’t having similar issues

TPT has prototype iron shafts -- even have them at +130g -- believe that project is just starting. I hit a few. He would not tell me which I'd hit, and I could not get a handle on which shaft was stiff or softer - but he laughed when I said I like this one ... and he said, that's 130g. A bit too heavy for me .... but promising in the future.
Oh now this has me all sorts of excited to hear.

Oh now this has me all sorts of excited to hear.

I know who has those shafts now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know who has those shafts now......

Of course you do. I need to hit them on the grass next time I'm at a lesson.

Of course you do. I need to hit them on the grass next time I'm at a lesson.

Apparently they were right behind me during my lesson Monday. Sheesh.

James, I have found out that the Leadbetter place has some but not the extended Blue line. Any idea what that means? or maybe Desmond might know, maybe the older version?

James, I have found out that the Leadbetter place has some but not the extended Blue line. Any idea what that means? or maybe Desmond might know, maybe the older version?

Leds is a primary player with TPT so he ought to have everything...

FYI, Club Champion in some locations around Dallas have them, so if there are Club Champion shops there, check them out.

I need one for my 4w.

Need.

Hit this again on the range today. Gonna have to move to a stiffer shaft, or one with lower torque as my left miss (hook) is still there more than my current driver. I cannot “cut” a drive with this set-up, so that’s going to have to change. I’m hoping my pro will sub-out the shaft and let me take it for a couple weeks again. It could be a pretty dang good combo with the G400. We’ll see.

Continue to be impressed by the TPT, and the numbers don't lie, it was no review honeymoon. Ball speed, head speed, launch are all up. Dispersion is better. Peak height is great. And all this equates to an absurd amount it confidence on the tee with it combined with the incredible G400 Max.

Really would love to try on in my 4w.

And if iron shafts end up coming, I'm going to have to sell my putter collection.

I am avoiding going to David Leadbetter until after the Bay Hill / Grand Cypress weekend of fun, hate to blow the budget on one shaft....or 2

I am avoiding going to David Leadbetter until after the Bay Hill / Grand Cypress weekend of fun, hate to blow the budget on one shaft....or 2
Mine will be there this week. Feel free.

Buzz continues to grow about these out on the interwebs, been a minute since we have seen an upstart do that.

Several took swipes with mine this weekend, and it surprised several.

With all that I e read about this shaft, I went and did a star fitting while I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Feel wise I’ve never felt anything like it before. Stable and connected would be how I describe it. Dropped the coin on it and now just waiting for the LKP16 to come in the mail.

With all that I e read about this shaft, I went and did a star fitting while I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Feel wise I’ve never felt anything like it before. Stable and connected would be how I describe it. Dropped the coin on it and now just waiting for the LKP16 to come in the mail.

Exactly how I describe it as well.

Be sure to post up your thoughts when you get it in, and out and about. Would love to have some solid conversation on this one with someone!

Back