i'm going to have to go back to the fitter and swing it again. When I tried one at my Club Champion fitting, It didn't stand out for me feel or performance wise (which is probably a fortunate thing given the pricing....)

TPT Shaft Review

I had my lesson in Euless again yesterday and we worked on my driver swing. I hit my gamer again, and then hit the G400 with the TPT in it. He made some adjustments so that the butt of the TPT was stiffened... Once I got my new driver swing down, this bad boy was getting me 160+ ball speed, 108 swing speed, average carry of 275, and the dispersion was 30 yards, total!! First time a G400 hit those numbers for me! Beat my gamer! He let me take it with me again, so I’ll head to the range again today to work on the swing and see if I can duplicate yesterday’s results with the TPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had my lesson in Euless again yesterday and we worked on my driver swing. I hit my gamer again, and then hit the G400 with the TPT in it. He made some adjustments so that the butt of the TPT was stiffened... Once I got my new driver swing down, this bad boy was getting me 160+ ball speed, 108 swing speed, average carry of 275, and the dispersion was 30 yards, total!! First time a G400 hit those numbers for me! Beat my gamer! He let me take it with me again, so I’ll head to the range again today to work on the swing and see if I can duplicate yesterday’s results with the TPT.

Yep, it's a legit combo. I know it's not a household name or even a popular one compared to many we hear about, but they're worth the look/read/swing imo.

Yep, it's a legit combo. I know it's not a household name or even a popular one compared to many we hear about, but they're worth the look/read/swing imo.

No doubt. I asked if he still had the iron shafts, and he didn’t. Sent them off to someone else. He said after all of his blind testing, almost every person chose the 130g shaft. Pretty crazy. I’d love to have tried them!

I hit the driver again today at the range... With my new swing, it’s crazy legit. I’m going to try and get on-course tomorrow to track some distances, and accuracy. Our fairways play at 21-23 yards wide, so if I can those, I can hit fairways anywhere.

To bad they won’t just let you buy a shaft without the fitting!! I don’t trust the people in my area but I trust what I know about my game.

Wasn’t able to transfer the lesson swing to the course... UGGGGGGH!!!! I hit three bombs with this today, but fought my swing the rest of the time. Went to the range right after I finished to hit five more, going back to my pre-lesson swing that I have a feel for... 5 lasers! Of-course. Man. I really like this TPT vs the last one. It definitely feels more similar to the Hzrdus Black and Xphlexxx Agera I’ve played the last 2 years. I’m going to work with it more this week to be ready for the City Championship... I just need to trust my swing.

Was perusing around as I typically do on a weekend and there are some ongoing group testings with these, and the feedback is very much in line with what I and others have seen here.

Interesting.

I really want to add one of these in my 3HL or TEE CBX 4W. That says a lot about how I feel about the shafts even post review.

I would love to try one of these against the Rogue 130. I’ve been contemplating a purchase of the 60g version of the 130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a thing.

Darn you....I am already jealous and have not swung a club with one in it.

Darn you....I am already jealous and have not swung a club with one in it.
Hahahahaha

15 LKP, I'm just too curious.

Low low or low mid?

Interesting since this should fit your swing speed better
15 LKP-MT-SW

Yeah that's what I'm curious about, only one way for me to find out haha. Reality is, I'm thinking 4w for this eventually, jut we shall see.

Ended-up sending the G400 with the TPT back to my swing coach. I used it in the City Championship and wasn’t getting distance or direction that was any better than what I have. I was hitting my 3w to within 11 yards of this driver, so no need to spend $1000 on that set-up.
Maybe I’ll go to Club Champion and take a chance on this shaft in another head.

Ended-up sending the G400 with the TPT back to my swing coach. I used it in the City Championship and wasn’t getting distance or direction that was any better than what I have. I was hitting my 3w to within 11 yards of this driver, so no need to spend $1000 on that set-up.
Maybe I’ll go to Club Champion and take a chance on this shaft in another head.

I am getting more from this TPT 17 LKP shaft and G400 Max 9 deg than I have in years. My Rogue 4 wd or EX10 Beta 4 wd are not even within 30 yds of driver. I mean, over 270 on my better drives in the summer for someone with a 90-92 SS. Tough to beat.

I am getting more from this TPT 17 LKP shaft and G400 Max 9 deg than I have in years. My Rogue 4 wd or EX10 Beta 4 wd are not even within 30 yds of driver. I mean, over 270 on my better drives in the summer for someone with a 90-92 SS. Tough to beat.

Nice. Congrats! I was averaging 293 with the G400 TPT, and 282 with my Exotics EX-9 Long.... More accurate with the 3w as well. 11 yards and less accuracy not worth a grand to me.
Glad is working for u.

Nice. Congrats! I was averaging 293 with the G400 TPT, and 282 with my Exotics EX-9 Long.... More accurate with the 3w as well. 11 yards and less accuracy not worth a grand to me.
Glad is working for u.

Surprised you're not rocking the EX10 Beta -

Surprised you're not rocking the EX10 Beta -

Not a very “hot” driver. New one comes out in a couple months.

Not a very “hot” driver. New one comes out in a couple months.

I believe Desmond was talking fairway as there is no Beta driver.

Finally received my 16LKP last week. Took it out for its maiden voyage and I was over swinging on every shot and sprayed the ball over the place. It was a train wreck of a day and I was a little worried I might have made a bad choice on dropping the cash.

Fast forward to yesterday. Got to the course and really concentrated on sticking with my normal ‘mid-life’ swing tempo. Things started clicking off the tee with this shaft in my Epic. Real life outcomes started to mirror what I saw in the original fitting. Ball flight was mid-high with a slight draw and a good amount of roll out. 12/14 fairways hit and I was averaging 255-265 yards on wet dewey fairways.

As mentioned in the original review, for me at least, this shaft is super stable and I feel ‘connected’ throughout the swing. On my Trackman fitting I was coming from a UST Elements Chrome 5F4 where my average club speed was 89mph and ball speed was averaging 131 mph. With the TPT, club speed moved up to an average of 93 mph and ball speed average of 139 mph. Real world translation on the course was I was getting an average of 10-15 yards more over my previous gamer.

I know it’s the honeymoon, but I’m enjoying what I’m seeing and yesterday was one of the easiest, stress free sub 80 rounds I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally received my 16LKP last week. Took it out for its maiden voyage and I was over swinging on every shot and sprayed the ball over the place. It was a train wreck of a day and I was a little worried I might have made a bad choice on dropping the cash.

Fast forward to yesterday. Got to the course and really concentrated on sticking with my normal ‘mid-life’ swing tempo. Things started clicking off the tee with this shaft in my Epic. Real life outcomes started to mirror what I saw in the original fitting. Ball flight was mid-high with a slight draw and a good amount of roll out. 12/14 fairways hit and I was averaging 255-265 yards on wet dewey fairways.

As mentioned in the original review, for me at least, this shaft is super stable and I feel ‘connected’ throughout the swing. On my Trackman fitting I was coming from a UST Elements Chrome 5F4 where my average club speed was 89mph and ball speed was averaging 131 mph. With the TPT, club speed moved up to an average of 93 mph and ball speed average of 139 mph. Real world translation on the course was I was getting an average of 10-15 yards more over my previous gamer.

I know it’s the honeymoon, but I’m enjoying what I’m seeing and yesterday was one of the easiest, stress free sub 80 rounds I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bam! Awesome dude!

Bryson is doing work with one too!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

It is my plan to go to Leadbetter next week test the TPT against the Atmos Black 6X in the Rogue SZ, by all rights I should not be in a X flex by SS but this shaft has worked well for me.

But that being said playing a couple of rounds with Antihero, Pudge, Cobra and The Chosen One really showed me I could use some more yards off the tee if I can keep it in the fairway. Not sure if a shaft change can do that but from what Jman and my buddy have seen it just may help if I can get the spin and launch right.

Back