JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TPT Shaft Review

Great review. I wonder if Club Champion would have fit James into the shaft that was given to him. I also wonder how he would have managed with the 15 shaft versus the 16. These shafts seem to gain more and more steam on tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman! Great review - I really enjoyed the read and learned a lot. Well done

Great review James! axial consistency - making the bend repeatable in the manufacturing process - I wonder if this is different from other OEMS? Great to see that you going to a lighter weight shaft you still had the accuracy and dispersion. I'd be interested in the 16 MKP MT SW. $499 is a real pricepoint though, interesting it's fallen in half, very curious to try.

Another reason why I'd like to hit up Club Champion. Try out shafts like this one.

Great review! Sounds very promising

Great review. I wonder if Club Champion would have fit James into the shaft that was given to him. I also wonder how he would have managed with the 15 shaft versus the 16. These shafts seem to gain more and more steam on tour.

I oft wonder this myself.

That said, numbers don't lie for what I've seen, and I really don't want sub 2400-2700 spin for my needs.

Thanks for reading all. If it's any consolation, it's staying in the driver.

Is there an EI type profiling for these shafts? Butt/mid/tip stiffness?

That said, numbers don't lie for what I've seen, and I really don't want sub 2400-2700 spin for my needs.

Great write up! Like it more than the coool?

Enjoyed the well written review, as well as the conversations in the thread. Bravo sir.

Out of curiousity, how does it compare to that PX THCE shaft?

one of the better reviews i have read this year (and they’ve all been great). really well done james. i’m still on the fence about the tech, but seeing the results is all that matters, right? i would love to try one of these.

Thanks James! Really curious about these and I just found out I work a few blocks from a Club Champion.

Out of curiousity, how does it compare to that PX THCE shaft?
Great write up! Like it more than the coool?

I need to compare it to these two, sadly I played godzilla on my iPad and it put a damper on comparing it to these two, I'll see what I can do tomorrow for you all.

I need to compare it to these two, sadly I played godzilla on my iPad and it put a damper on comparing it to these two, I'll see what I can do tomorrow for you all.

Thanks man!

Great review Jman, easy to read and understand your reviews.

Great review James, as always enjoyable and easy to follow along with, even for someone who’s not super into shaft tech (IE me)

The price point is certainly no joke, but it seems in your case that the results speak for themselves. It’s a good looking shaft for sure, combined with the results, it seems like something anyone looking to upgrade should keep in their mind.

James, can you compare it to the Atmos Blue?

I went through a TPT shaft fitting during my lesson at Jon Sinclair golf in Euless, TX, yesterday. I brought all three of my drivers with me to go against the G400/TPT combos. It didn’t take long to see that the TOT beat-out all three drivers I have by 10 yards. Dispersion reduced, ball speed increased, and carry was much better. Jon sent me home with the G400 set at 8*, and the TPT shaft so I can try it for awhile. I’m excited to get this on the course for sure!!!
Interestingly, Jon mentioned he chose a higher torque shaft compared to what I play because he didn’t want the face to close, we’re trying to eliminate my “hook” miss. I’ve never heard of doing that before, so it really stuck with me. My swing changes are still in flux, but it’s going to be fun to try this driver for a bit! The shaft had a great feel, almost “loose”, but it was extremely stable! Weird. Great feeling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

James I enjoyed this one. Going from the paper specs, it's probably not the one I would gravitate towards, but I hope you bring it with you next week. The one, or two, swings that I have taken with one I thought the ball took off like a rocket, so I'd be interested in another swing.

James, can you compare it to the Atmos Blue?

Sorry good sir, I've got no experience with the blue.
James I enjoyed this one. Going from the paper specs, it's probably not the one I would gravitate towards, but I hope you bring it with you next week. The one, or two, swings that I have taken with one I thought the ball took off like a rocket, so I'd be interested in another swing.
It'll be there. It's pretty cemented in my bag. We can turn the max down to 9.5 and let you at it.

Sorry good sir, I've got no experience with the blue. It'll be there. It's pretty cemented in my bag. We can turn the max down to 9.5 and let you at it.

I ain't afraid of launch haha

Sorry good sir, I've got no experience with the blue. It'll be there. It's pretty cemented in my bag. We can turn the max down to 9.5 and let you at it.

i can hits?

On your follow-through, avoid having it rebound against your back at the finish of a swing.

Back