hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Had a chance to play this earlier in the week. Tees, fairways and most greens were excellent. They had some winter damage (it froze for more than 10 days and they didn't think to delay starts or close the course) but they have re-sodded most of the greens. They rolled well. A lot of work was being done on the bunkers but most of them were still playable. I ended up shooting a 93 from the "blue" tees which is the second farthest. I would normally shoot around 80 on most courses in my home area. Three holes really inflated my scorecard. Instead of taking a drop I had the genius idea of attempting some type of Seve shot from the trees and had to hack my way to a few triple bogeys. Clubhouse, bag drop, starter, and range were all super friendly. I didn't get a chance to check out the Dustin Johnson School of Golf. If you are in the area, I would recommend it.

No doubt it’s a tough track. I played it in March and it’s 100% overseeded with rye so it’s beautiful that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was always a favorite of mine but my buddies preferred to avoid it, saying it was too hard. So I've only played it maybe three or four times.

I can understand their thinking but then they'd try to play True Blue from the tips.

Like so often with the game of golf... no consistency, in thought or play.

Thanks for posting. I was Going to play this course next month. At the end of August, do you think the courts will be playable shape? Thanks

TPC Myrtle Beach

Great track. Practice area is top notch. I played in March as well and it was in great shape. For some reason I always play decent there eventhough it’s a tough course.

98e9aa4bfd810e4f8ee2028b3833f603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played it in May and loved it, going back Labor Day Weekend. Happy to hear it's still in good shape.

Back