New England Members

I feel like you just woke a sleeping dragon... Egg burgers are like Pete's Scooby snacks. Time to double down on NY.

Not sure. I've seen Pete play after a couple of Chili dogs. It wasn't pretty.

Saweet!!!! You mean us New Englanders can play golf together and beat NY/NJ? Where do I sign?

Reporting for duty as your co-pilot to ensure you shoot a good score, sir. :cool:

This will be a lot of fun, looking forward to plenty of Eli memes and other jokes.

Depending on logistics, I'd like to throw my name in the hat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Playing Butternut Farm on Friday with mpeterson and gr8dryv 8:43am tee time $30 to walk we have one spot open if anyone is interested.

Solid #RegionalRivalry Practice

Playing Butternut Farm on Friday with mpeterson and gr8dryv 8:43am tee time $30 to walk we have one spot open if anyone is interested.

Have fun boys. Would love to get in some #RegionalRivalry Practice but It's not in he cards for me on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be able to make it in time with the drive I'd have. Have fun out there fellas, supposed to be a fantastic day for late November!!!

Have a spot open for Far Corner Friday at 9:30 if anybody is interested. Not sure what they are charging right now

Not the greatest of courses but not bad for playing a round at the end of November. They said the range is still open (grass)

Let me know if anybody is interested

Anybody looking to play on Friday is more than welcome to join me and another for a round at Brookiside in Bourne. I have played there once before and remember it to be a fun track. Tee time is 9:00. send me a pm and we will make it happen before it snows

I got an email yesterday from the Brookline Golf Course that was interesting. I've driven past the course a bunch in the past few weeks and seen them doing a lot of tree removal near the first hole, but I had no idea what they were doing. Well, the email had this in it:

The Driving Range construction is progressing quite well. The 24-bay driving range, which will have both artificial and natural grass tees, is expected to open late spring of 2016. For photo updates as well as the complete design plan, please visit our website by CLICKING HERE.

Natural grass tees at a location so close to the city of Boston is a game changer for me. It's a 10 minute drive for me to get there, vs. 20-25 minutes to hit off of the mats at McGolf. The closest grass tees to the city that I know about are at Stonemeadow in Lexington, so if they do a good job with this, it will be great. I don't have much confidence in them to do that good of a job though, considering the condition of the rest of the course, but we'll see what happens when it opens next year. Here's a view of the plans, looks like the back of the range will be about 260 yards so people should be able to hit every club in their bag.

5fa35e4262ba0ab3a4b14cca4305f014.jpg

Anybody looking to play on Friday is more than welcome to join me and another for a round at Brookiside in Bourne. I have played there once before and remember it to be a fun track. Tee time is 9:00. send me a pm and we will make it happen before it snows

That is a fun course. Wish I could join in. Enjoy

I got an email yesterday from the Brookline Golf Course that was interesting. I've driven past the course a bunch in the past few weeks and seen them doing a lot of tree removal near the first hole, but I had no idea what they were doing. Well, the email had this in it:

Natural grass tees at a location so close to the city of Boston is a game changer for me. It's a 10 minute drive for me to get there, vs. 20-25 minutes to hit off of the mats at McGolf. The closest grass tees to the city that I know about are at Stonemeadow in Lexington, so if they do a good job with this, it will be great. I don't have much confidence in them to do that good of a job though, considering the condition of the rest of the course, but we'll see what happens when it opens next year. Here's a view of the plans, looks like the back of the range will be about 260 yards so people should be able to hit every club in their bag.

5fa35e4262ba0ab3a4b14cca4305f014.jpg

That is interesting, the natural grass though is going to be pretty chewed up and they won't sod it well.

I'll try and check it out next year.

I'm playing Granite Links on Friday at 7:50am if anyone is interested. They have it on golf now for $63.

I'm playing Granite Links on Friday at 7:50am if anyone is interested. They have it on golf now for $63.

I might be up for that. Would have to ask my wife if I can leave the house a bit early to get out there earlier to warm up on the range though, will post in this thread tomorrow if I'm going to join you.

I'm off Tuesday and Thursday next week. Going to play dawn to dusk both days. Thinking Waverly one day and Crosswinds the other.

I might be up for that. Would have to ask my wife if I can leave the house a bit early to get out there earlier to warm up on the range though, will post in this thread tomorrow if I'm going to join you.

Ok sounds good I plan to be there around 7.

Ok sounds good I plan to be there around 7.

I signed up for the 7:50 AM tee time. There were only 2 spots left before I signed up, so I guess there's another single that already signed up. I'll be there between 7 and 7:15 AM.

I signed up for the 7:50 AM tee time. There were only 2 spots left before I signed up, so I guess there's another single that already signed up. I'll be there between 7 and 7:15 AM.

Have fun guys. Wish I could join you but I'm stuck in a meeting all day.

Sounds good man, I'll see you there.

Enjoy your rounds fellas! I'm working tomorrow but hoping to take a long lunch break at the range if I can.

Thanks to MBurnham for being good company today. I'm not sure that either of us will ever play Granite Links again...just a few too many blind shots and too penal for me in spots, to be honest. Add that to the pricetag and it's not all that appealing.

Thanks to MBurnham for being good company today. I'm not sure that either of us will ever play Granite Links again...just a few too many blind shots and too penal for me in spots, to be honest. Add that to the pricetag and it's not all that appealing.

What 9's did you guys play? I played the Granite and Milton last Fall and can definitely relate to taking penalties.

I really want to play that course once, but this has been a bit of a refrain from folks I've talked to - course is just a bit tricked out.

If I'm spending that money I'm probably going to Pinehills.

Back