Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
If you are looking for a bottle that will keep your beverage of choice cold through out your entire round, I would suggest purchasing a HydroFlask. For example, I can put ice in it, tee off at 8:00 and at the end of the round...no matter how hot the day...I still have plenty of ice. Heck, at 4:00 pm I still have ice.

They come in many shapes and sizes.

Seconded! My old trusty water bottle didn't fit into the cup holders of the carts and just baked in my clickgear, so I bought a hydroflask for both. They're impressive on hot days!

Another person for Hydro Flask. I fill mine 2/3 with ice and the rest with water. I take 2 bottles of water with me and keep topping off the flask. Wonderfully cold water throughout the round. Playing when the heat index is 90 to 100 this flask is up to the task.

I will have ice in my Hydroflask at the end of a graveyard shift (7am). I go back to work at 7 pm, get into my patrol car and there is still ice in my Hydroflask after being in the car all day long (even on a summer day). Plus they are a Bend Oregon company which is a bonus for the Oregonian in me

I use a Thermoflask. Cheaper than the hydro, and every bit as good.

I use a HydroFlask. Fill it with ice and water and a flavor pack before leaving home at around 6:00AM and still have plenty of ice when I get home midday. There have been days were the weather has prevented us from playing after getting to the course. I have then taken that HydroFlask and put it in the fridge, pulled it out the next day and see little difference in the amount of ice in it. What is nice, too, is not having to use the cooler pocket on the golf bag.

Always wanted to buy one but too many Yetis at home. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Thermoflask. Cheaper than the hydro, and every bit as good.
I've been wondering about those. Costco has them on sale... But the reviews I've read have been less than stellar unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a 32oz Hydroflask that I carry with me when I walk. They work great .

I have a small mouth and wide mouth 20's, set of pint glasses (love how it keeps beer colder longer) and a 64oz growler

I have had my orange 21oz for several years. Poor thing has seen better days but it still works great. Also received a 48oz and a pint glass that I like but don't use nearly as often.

I have had my orange 21oz for several years. Poor thing has seen better days but it still works great. Also received a 48oz and a pint glass that I like but don't use nearly as often.

Mine is getting a bit long in the tooth as well, but that hasn't affected its performance. Kinda reminds me of "bag chatter" on forged irons. :)

Anyone else have an issue where water, if left in overnight, starts to smell “funky”?

I use mine for work and Golf, and if I have it 1/2 full one day and go to refill back at work then next it has a funk smell. I wash it regularly, so not sure how it gets like that so quick...

Any advice?

Anyone else have an issue where water, if left in overnight, starts to smell “funky”?

I use mine for work and Golf, and if I have it 1/2 full one day and go to refill back at work then next it has a funk smell. I wash it regularly, so not sure how it gets like that so quick...

Any advice?

I have never had that issue, however I have rarely left any water in it over night.

I have never had that issue, however I have rarely left any water in it over night.

I think I just need to be more vigilant about that.

I have a 32 oz that's a couple years old, usually still has ice well beyond 24 hrs. Have a couple of 20 oz that are less than a year old and neither have ever had ice last for more than 3 - 4 hours. Seems like quality is not as consistent as it once was, not sure I'd buy another.

I have had a 21 oz Hydroflask with a sports cap in my golf bag for 4 years now. For the way I consume beverages Hydroflask and Yeti work exactly the same. I don't put ice in my golf Hydro because in AZ I want it all to be water. All of the coolers I go by already have cold water in them and 21 oz of water doesn't last long in the AZ summer. I would think the other alternatives would work exactly the same for my needs. I never understood the fascination with ice being there 24 hrs later.

I got one of the 30 oz tumblers to replace my 30 oz Yeti at the office just because the powder coated Hydro looked better than the stainless Yeti.....IMO.

I’ve got a few different etched and pad printed 20oz Coffee with flip lids and will not use anything else for hot or cold beverages. The 20oz is nice as it fits in all cup holders both car and golf carts. Here is the one I’m rocking today.

22932ea4cfda4b4007ab178a8fb3fa23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Hydroflask metal inside? Does anyone find those metal tumblers leave a funny taste in the liquid that is in there?

Are the Hydroflask metal inside? Does anyone find those metal tumblers leave a funny taste in the liquid that is in there?

Yes, metal inside but no funny taste with mine. This said, I do a pretty good job of cleaning them at the end of each use. I do recommend that when you do clean, let it air dry, and leave the cap OFF when you store it. I've noticed that if you put the cap on during storage that a smell does arise.

Back